Top Shelf Aquatics

Anthonys 5 Gallon Tanks

Builder Anthony

Builder Anthony

Photos from page 5

The name must be slightly off theres a picture in one of these hicthhicker id sites on nano reefs i must be a letter or two off.

Dromible crab with greenalgae food on his back.It molted like 4 days ago in the display tank...... must have been in there about a week.

DSCF1608-2.jpg

DSCF1609-1.jpg

Edited by Builder Anthony

I LOVE this pico! I'm also a mushroom lover so this tank is extra cool to me :)

I hope you are able to get things under control soon. If it were me, I would try to get all fish out and into quarantine for ich treatment (make sure it's marine ich treatment). Leave them in quarantine for like 5 or 6 weeks to make sure the ich is completely gone from the display tank. Definitely don't dose the main display! I hate to see you lose mushrooms!

Love the gorg too! Is that a photosynthetic?

Builder Anthony

Im not sure if its a phytosynthetic sea fan but i think it is.Flow has been a issue with it and its current spot up against the rock you can see tissue gone from the two touching.Thats happening either from the shade or touching the rock.Overall i would never purchase that sea fan the purpe corky is alot more forgiving.In the long run i see it fadeing out.

Duncans finally opened up.

Figured out the cinnamon polyp eats krill.

Theres alot of stomella snail eggs on the left glass by the silicon.Around 20 sacs.Each sack has about ten eggs.

Im really happy with the mysis shrimp in there.Theres not to many but around ten of them.They just appeared.

DSCF1565-1.jpg

DSCF1573-1.jpg

DSCF1572-3.jpg

DSCF1566-1.jpg

DSCF1567.jpg

DSCF1569-2.jpg

DSCF1568-4.jpg

DSCF1570-1.jpg

DSCF1571-2.jpg

Builder Anthony

Im not sure the exzact name of it but the guy called it a cinnamon paly i think.I just call it a cinnamon polyp.It has got ahold of the rock now so i dont have to worry about it floating away.Its pretty fast too.

Builder Anthony

My mushroom was tryen to pin a stomella against the glass to eat it.The strange thing is the other two mushrooms were mimicing the one trying to eat by cuping and seacrhing for food but there not connected anymore.Just very close to one another at there feet.Once the stomella got away all three opened up as it got away.

Fish seem beter but still have small spots on them.I dosed one drop of garlic treatment the other day into the display and followed the next day with a 20 percent water change.

The corals seem happier with less drastic water changes.The duncan is awalys open as well.

Stomella almost eaten by mushroom.This was right after the water change you can also see the mushroom in the sand spitting sweeps.That mushroom is very picky with everything.Lights,placement,waterchanges.

DSCF1576-4.jpg

Builder Anthony

DSCF1634-1.jpg

DSCF1578.jpg

DSCF1577-1.jpg

DSCF1580-1.jpg

DSCF1579-2.jpg

DSCF1584-1.jpg

DSCF1582-1.jpg

DSCF1583-2.jpg

DSCF1633-2.jpg

DSCF1628-1.jpg

DSCF1626-1.jpg

DSCF1630-1.jpg

DSCF1631-1.jpg

DSCF1632-1.jpg

DSCF1628-1.jpg

DSCF1602-1.jpg

DSCF1601-2.jpg

DSCF1600.jpg

DSCF1599.jpg

DSCF1598-1.jpg

DSCF1611-3.jpg

DSCF1610-4.jpg

DSCF1609-3.jpg

DSCF1604-1.jpg

DSCF1603-1.jpg

DSCF1606-4.jpg

My fish refuses to eat flakes but the blue neon goby likes them.

DSCF1596-2.jpg

Hermit crab knocked the candy cane over into this other coral and the other thing stung it.The head deteriarated and asteria starfish seemed to move in when the coral bone was exposed.Its like they were eating the real white part of the skeleton.I also noticed them eating the remaining clip off foot of the green leather coral i threw into the frag tank.When the coral foot was deterorating it left skeleton spikes.I seen one feeding on this one peice in morning and later on at night when i looked at the tank.

DSCF1591-2.jpg

DSCF1590-1.jpg

DSCF1589-4.jpg

DSCF1588-1.jpg

DSCF1586-3.jpg

DSCF1618-4.jpg

DSCF1617-6.jpg

DSCF1616-4.jpg

DSCF1615-3.jpg

DSCF1613-3.jpg

DSCF1627-2.jpg

Builder Anthony

Well theres some mysis shrimp swimming around in here.They hang out on the right lower side of the tank.About 4-5 of them.Its cool they like to swim in the current there and like bounce around by the mushrooms.

DSCF1640-1.jpg

DSCF1642.jpg

Some hicth hikers on that lobophylia.One is a real blueish color but i took this picture after turning on te lights so things were shruken a little.The other one more stable looking the other one you could tell was really stressed at some point.The other one has a purple mouth and like a very little bit of tink blueish purple hue elsewhere.I think both will be ok.The bluegreen one is really small but the color is like 5 times better on that one compared to the purple one.There both really nice.

DSCF1644-1.jpg

Builder Anthony

Display tank

I have had a very small increase in red cyno algae but i know its from keeping the light on.I try to keep the light on to prevent the fish from going to sleep because they get infected with the ich or marine velvet when they are not active.A half of drop of garlic treatment is added to the tank about once every three days.Water changes are now to the top of the lobophilia and thats as low as the water drains out.The lobophilia has a real bony structre like a acan and the weight of its flesh tears holes.

Three small feedings a day.Cyclopleze cyclopleze and White bass fish eggs.The white bass fish eggs i think are the tanks favorite and in my opinion the healthiest.

The two hicth hiker corals on the lobophylia are doing fine.I think they might be blastos.

The biggest asteria i have is on the glass on the left.

DSCF1631-2.jpg

DSCF1636-1.jpg

DSCF1635-1.jpg

Frag tank

These were fragged today.I set plugs nearby with a drop of superglue on them and cut the leather corals up and placed them in the glue.They sat out of the water for around 30 - 45 seconds.The glue wanst dry when i added them back in the tank but they stayed attached.Small bubbles formed on the plug as a result of the glue not being dry.Corals opened within hours.

Theres also some really cool hicthhiker clam in the center of this photo.Im not sure what kind it is but i like the pattern.

I made one mistake and tryed bone clipers on the ducan and it shatterd a head into three peices.It was glued to a plug.It didnt shoot out any sweepers and ill be looking at it tommrow.

DSCF1634-2.jpg

DSCF1632-2.jpg

I made one mistake and tryed bone clipers on the ducan and it shatterd a head into three peices.It was glued to a plug.It didnt shoot out any sweepers and ill be looking at it tommrow.

I learned how fragile the duncan's structure was too when trying to stick it in place, ended up crushing part of one of them with my finger, though it seems to be okay still.

Display tank is looking good though.

Builder Anthony

Ya i thought the bone clipers i had would be good to cut the duncan but the pressure from squeezeing it caused it to split.I bought this dremel tool pourposly for cutting corals and made a stupid mistake.Dremel for any thick things from now on.I guess its part of learning.

Builder Anthony

Display tank

Pictures taken when lights were fliped on although the frag tank lights are on next to it before i fliped on the displays.

DSCF1530-7.jpg

The mushroom a while back that was stricken with brown slime and had a peice hanging off of it landed up droping the hanging peice which turned into another mushroom.As soon as the brown slime was seen it was siphoned off.The mushroom is pale though in a shaded area.No full inflation has been seen for at least two months.

The blastos that were hicth hikers seem to be doing fine with some noticeable growth on the purpleish one.

DSCF1507-3.jpg

Ich velvet to a minimum at this stage.

Water sihioning is down to the top of the corals.Replaced with new slatwater.Been keeping salt around 23.

The purple sea cucumber is hanging out below the air pump near the flow caused by it.Its showing a whiteish color on the skin which is due to lack of feeding but there isnt really a way to get to it.This color has appeared before when it has gone missing before.I can feed it in the front of the tank but i cant even get the feeding tube where its at.

Red cyano spreading in bubbles to other rocks.Its a very thin layer but that is concerning me so lights off.

Mouths still growing

DSCF1512-2.jpg

New acan

DSCF1518-5.jpg

This is the blue St.Thomas mushroom which has now turned green in higher lighting.In lower lighting it wasnt doing so hot.I dont think leds are good for this type of mushroom.The only good ive seen with leds on mushrooms is the metalic bright ones.Those seem to do good in it.I also havent seen any coraline algae groth in my tank on the glass or rocks.

DSCF1520-8.jpg

This is the coral that the hermit crab moved into the acan as you can see one head died but it is growing new mouths but the hermit crab is in the water change jar.It was received as a hicthhiker.

DSCF1519-5.jpg

Favia seems to be growing.

DSCF1513-4.jpg

Frag Tank

DSCF1526-11.jpg

I think the ph is a little low and a little to much yellow in the other one.

DSCF1532-6.jpg

I had a problem with the acan echinata it was spiting out sweepers from the outer rims and developing a slim that was covering the coral.It was from bad water parameters.It was placed into the display and the next day some tissue disappearence on the outer rims was visable where the clear slime was coming from.Two fifty percent water changes were done on the frag tank and the coral replaced.It showed better signs of being in the display but with its current size it has alot of stinging capability and placed back in the frag tank.At this time it has some mouths open that look ok and some very thin slime but was there before the last water change.Some flouresents in the coral can be seen which on this coral is green and that green is the coral growing so theres a mix of things going on with it.The frag tank itself isnt up to 100 percent but id say water quality is about 85 percent right.

Edit .......

Placed it back in the display tank because im noticeing more of that slime building up.I have to frag it tommrow.I will cut the outer rims since that seems to be where they have lost some tissue and ill have to figure out some way to keep them in the display.It should help since they will be smaller peices.

DSCF1527-8.jpg

These all seem fine.

DSCF1525-5.jpg

Hopefully these are taking to two seperate rocks by now.

DSCF1524-9.jpg

Healing from fraging.Some diatoms on coral.

DSCF1529-8.jpg

DSCF1528-8.jpg

The duncan that was cracked in three spots on the head appears fine with no slime or any other noticeable aflictions.Some of the tenticles inflate to about 5 percent capacity but thats it.At least they are filling which is a very good sign in my book.

DSCF1515-4.jpg

The dromible crab with the zoas on his back has not damaged any of the zoas on his back or trimmed off any more from the rock.Hes in the water change jar.

DSCF1522-7.jpg

Builder Anthony

Ya i like the little crab.I cant trust it in the tank but i hope its happy i added some liverock and sand to its jar.The hermit and a real big fire worm are all in there.

Well i dont think ill be fragging that one peice till i get a order in.I placed it back in the display tank and it was puffy and looking better.I also want to cut it on this mini bandsaw this one petstore has instead of the dremel tool because its kind of a big peice.

I took off some extra glue that formed bubbles on the frag plugs and made some neon daisy frags.

Builder Anthony

DSCF1561-2.jpg

Well the big asteria i have decided to eat the kenya tree again at the base.It must have been snacking on it a while because the coral let go.I moved it to the frag tank because its been feeding on it for a few days.It should heal up as it has before.Its right at the foot of the coral.I threw in some green algae flakes for them.

Ich or velvet still present.Uv sterilizer run at night with 15 percent water changes.It seems to have lost some ground in the tank but its still in there.

DSCF1570-2.jpg

The duncans stalk has developed a skin over the cut healing.

DSCF1569-3.jpg

Frag Tank

The other peice that split in three seems to be developing a skin as well.It concerns me that the threee peices seperated by flow a little but even the little peices seem ok but im not sure how they will develop.Here you can see the skin is a little deeper of a color.It reminds me of the color of the stalk before cut and on the other uncut stalks of the duncan in the other picture.

DSCF1567-1.jpg

Received these today.The water was kind of cold in the bags and i think there is some color loss but everything should be ok in about a week.Sweepers were seen 15 minutes after adding them to the display tank which made me happy.That was on the green coral.

DSCF1565-2.jpg

These mushrooms arent all the way open but are still attached to the rock.It came with one green one but it was floating in the shipping bag so its on the other side of the tank.Its the only one that detached.These mushrooms seem to flouresce a few diffent colors.Theres a orange,pink,and like a gold color to them.The undersides of them also seem to be a darkish color like purple or blue.

DSCF1563-4.jpg

This coral is soupposed to be pure white with red heads though it seems bluesish with redish brown heads.I think it is reacting to the cold of the water that was in the bags and browned out the red with brownish color.There are only very small sections of it that display red on the heads so i hope color returns.

DSCF1562-3.jpg

DSCF1561-2.jpg

Well the big asteria i have decided to eat the kenya tree again at the base.It must have been snacking on it a while because the coral let go.I moved it to the frag tank because its been feeding on it for a few days.It should heal up as it has before.Its right at the foot of the coral.I threw in some green algae flakes for them.

Interesting starfish =0p