SaltCritters.com

Anthonys 5 Gallon Tanks

Builder Anthony

Builder Anthony

More color loss for the mushroom.The candy cane is really puffed up after a 20 percent water change.

DSCF1659.jpg

On a happier note my yellow clown gobys are looking at the new frag tank.The new pink sponge rock is doing well and can be seen in the background.

DSCF1654-1.jpg

Edited by Builder Anthony
Builder Anthony

Well i came home to see a snail was in the mushrooms little cup and it knocked it into the sandbed.It was opened up decently but ontop of three other mushrooms in the sandbed.I took it out to place it in the frag tank since its up and running now.The mushroom seemed to have drawn some sand threw the bottom and up into the mouth and on some of the sweepers like its trying to attachunderneath.INote.....all sand was taken threw the bottom and not threw the top.I havent seen it take place but remember the mouuth you can see threw the hole from the top through thte mushroom. Unuasual yes but thats how it is.Retracted when i disturbed it to move it.Im going to siphon out some sand fromn the display and place it in the cup since it seems to like the sand.At least its attaching to something.

DSCF1660.jpg

Builder Anthony

Producing a clear mucus covering the entire top of the mushroom.Some sweepers falling off from the bottom.Small traces of sweepers coming from the top of the mushroom.Smell of death.100 percent water change.Moved into a seperate container.Lighting is a far distance from the leds.I think its ran out of brown stuff to spit out.

DSCF1662.jpg

Builder Anthony

Mushroom is transparent in some locations,container was full of a mucus and the photo was taken after a water change.Milkly white mucus filled the container and smelled like death.The purpleish marks on it were a bit lighter in color.Sometimes to refered to as melting the coral was flushed as i see no hope of it coming back.

Final shot.

DSCF1666.jpg

Builder Anthony

No i seen it floating around at the bottom of a petstore folded in half.I figured it was looking for somewhere new to settle.I personally think it was riped off the rock by all the damage done.

Most likely the mushroom was spewing out it's zooxanthellae algae. Typically a terrible sign from any coral. The lessening of color leans more towards this as well.

Also easiest way I've had with catching fish is to use a beer mug or any other glass with a handle and slowly coax the fish into it. They have an extremely hard time seeing the glass container. The item i typically coax them with is a net since fish dread the sight of one so much.

Great journey with this tank, you keep an excellent journal.

My old 5 gallon was still my favorite tank I've ever owned.

Builder Anthony

Going threw alot of things with this tank some good some bad.Things are really really complicated now.

Orange ricordea literally went after one of my baby mushrooms.I seen it leaning over all crazy and it almost looked like it was eating it.It was trying to smother the mushroom.So that caused some bad stinging to the other mushroom which has 75 percent of its top burned.

I have another mushroom splitting and i think 3 2 centimeter babys plus the one thats splitting

The purple sea fan sucks there is a very slow decline on the branches.I cant get the polyps on the bottom of it to open.

I got a new mushroom and its not toatly attached to the rock so i put some rubble in a cup with the mushroom.

I have asteria stars eating zoas so i had to move them to the frag tank.

I have 2 dots of ich on one fish....The larger yellow clown and about 8 on the other.they have been fighting it off for about three days.

2 dots each on the blue cleaners as well.

Water changes were being done all crazy but none today because im waiting for it to disovle.

I got some nice yellow sponge growth on the bottom of the zoa rock that was being eaten.

The purple corky frags and leathers are doing ok.

I have a mushroom thats walking over my green zoas thats kind of settled there and is ticking them off and shadeing them.

Acans really opened all crazy and i think theres 2 more forming on them.

Cheato needs to be trimmed.

Small cynao problem on the neon daisys

The tank is getting more light now i added another led to the frag tank right next to it so it gets some that way.

Builder Anthony

Two 25 percent water changes,floss replaced.Sponge on intake for filter cleaned.

DSCF1714.jpg

This is getting more light now since i fragged the other leather

DSCF1719-1.jpg

All wounds healed since fragging

DSCF1717.jpg

These arent getting the most light but still splitting.Some color loss but hardy.

DSCF1715.jpg

Brownish button.Theres 2 others somewhere behind the orange ricodea.

DSCF1713.jpg

Green mushroom has been moving down the slope.The mushroom on the glass is new and literlly attached to the glass within 3 minutes of entering the tank.I really dont klnow what it looks like.The zoas are new and slowly opening.They need light since they were in shipping.Semi open.

DSCF1712.jpg

Mushroom in cup trying to get it to attach to some rubble.

DSCF1711-2.jpg

Blue cloves.I havent seen crazy growth off these.In fact the white daisys are growing faster.

DSCF1710-1.jpg

The purplr mushroom in there was the one stung im REALLY suprised it is doing well since it was stung all crazy by the orange ricordea.It was in the sandbed at the time from acidental knockdown.

DSCF1709-1.jpg

Orange rimed was moved up because of low lighting and to close to the zoas.It was developing a clearish section near rim.Got it out of there today.

DSCF1708.jpg

Bigger cloves that cant seem to get there babys out of the hole.No way i can help them.I just hope they spread outof the hole.

DSCF1707.jpg

Candy cane and ich on fish.Not really visable but its there.

DSCF1695-1.jpg

Removed some cyno from these yesterday.they really poped open.

DSCF1694-1.jpg

You can see where it was cut here form fraging.

DSCF1693-1.jpg

Some pinkish color though its uasually blue.Not quiet sure whats going on there.

DSCF1677.jpg

New mushroom attached perfectly to some good rock.Reefgardener purchase.

DSCF1692-1.jpg

Frogspawn awalys doing fine.Might be developing another head.

DSCF1704-1.jpg

New mushroom from reefgardner.Shes a real good dealer and has some nice corals.Im really happy everytime i order there.

DSCF1676.jpg

Black sponge yellow sponge.Doing well.

DSCF1703-1.jpg

Random shot

DSCF1702.jpg

Cynao growing on a small peice of rock of favia.Not worrie about it.

DSCF1701-1.jpg

Neon goby a little fat with some ich.Small traces of it.

DSCF1700.jpg

Random shot.

DSCF1698.jpg

Kenya tree attached to new location.

DSCF1697.jpg

These are the two purple corkys ill send to you.....Plus one leather frag

DSCF1696-1.jpg

Wondering if these attached to the rock yet.

DSCF1690-1.jpg

New zoas

DSCF1688-1.jpg

Nice shot

DSCF1687.jpg

Some sort of baby mushroom on the side there of the lower section of rock.

DSCF1686-1.jpg

This ricodea is flipen mean and will sting things.It looked like it was eating one of my mushrroms.

DSCF1685.jpg

Acan doing well

DSCF1684-1.jpg

Acan doing well

DSCF1681.jpg

Doesnt really like high lighting for long periods.

DSCF1680.jpg

White daisys getting big and one or two new polyps.

DSCF1679-1.jpg

Builder Anthony

This tank is houseing damaged corals.

Water when changed from my display tank goes in here.

DSCF1675.jpg

Polyps being eaten by asterias.

DSCF1669.jpg

I want the cheato to grow out of here and hold the frag rack in place.

DSCF1674.jpg

Maybe this will attach

DSCF1673.jpg

two very small star polyps.I pulled this off my branch with a asteria clinging to it its the last of this kind of star polyp in my tank.The asterias were defintely eating it along with a small peice of purple corky.Ya they eaten that to.

DSCF1672.jpg

This needs more light but is healing at the cut on the top with small mat growing over the cut.Still not healed all the way but does open 90 percent of polyps when airtube is flowing next to it.

DSCF1671.jpg

Some diatoms growing on leather frags.Intrestingly the leather frgas are sheding either from the fraging or from the diatoms.I thinks its fromt he diatoms.

DSCF1670.jpg

I think the asterias ate at least ten polyps i just really notice because i couldnt see the coral in its previous location.

DSCF1668.jpg

Builder Anthony

Asteria eating a zoa.Moved this into the cup with the new mushroom.And the mushroom that was on the glass moved onto there to so its in the cup as well.I am alomst positive this is what was happening to the single polyps that were added to the tank and disapeared.The star sits on the polyp and sends out like a suction cup that it feeds with.So this type of asteria is not good for zoas.

DSCF1723.jpg

Seen another mouth tearing into a new mushroom.Its dividing.

DSCF1720-1.jpg

Builder Anthony

Ya they are neat its my favorite coral.I want one of every one out there and i have no idea how many there are.

I think one of my neon gobys is about to have babys.I have to see if this one petshop has live rotifers....they uasually do.

Added 1 drop of ich treatment to the tank.

DSCF1725-1.jpg

Builder Anthony

Mushroom that was stug has detached from its shell it was on.I fliped it back onto it.It looks fine....well it has healed some damage it looked nicer before.

50 percent water change to try and get ich out of the tank.

Fish showing very little signs of it but it maybe in bacteria form?Anyways.......changed alot of water.

Builder Anthony

Thanks but it not easy by any means so far.

The last two days this mushrooms center was blue and had a brownish tint to the puffy things on it.Lights were being run for 12-14 hours.Its in a 50/50 light shade area.Today it was expelling brown stuff from the center at 4:00pm Lights were shut down and only fall off light from the frag tank is hitting it which isnt very much at all.I dont think its from the one drop of ich treatment or the 50 percent water change i think its from too much light.Compare photos from a few days ago.....

Spitting brown stuff

DSCF1742.jpg

Builder Anthony

Some iching of fish on rocks.Uv sterilizer added.

Lights were ran at a greater distance and off to both sides of the tank.Basicly set up to just cacth the tank from both sides with leds with a little light.

The blue st charels mushroom looks like it gained some blkue color back and i didnt see any spiting of brown stuff.

One cinnamon polyp added to display tank and 2 blueish green polyps added to the frag tank.

Feeding down to two small portions of cyclops a day.

No water changes.Waiting for salt to mix in the blucket.

Salt 23

The Leather in the frag tank seems to have attached to the rock.

The mushrooms seemed to have finished splitting.

Took the green polpys at the bottom out of there spot for the first time.The mushrroom on top of them is still attached to them and im tryen to give them more light.Ill have to frag it some sometime soon.

Builder Anthony

DSCF1753.jpg

You can see the light traces from the led on the left and the led on the right cutting threw the water.Its is dimmer and they are raised.

Ich spawn 700 am

Uv light ran all night and up till water change at 6:00pm.I will run it at night again in the new water.

Water sat for 2 days and 90 percent water change

Bully fighting off ich the best and has two spots...also the most agressive at bouncing off rocks to ward it off and sitting on favia and blue cloves along with bouncing off leather

Other clown red dot on the head....same as the first case of ich a long time ago.Same actions as othe clown but less agressive.

Seems more prone to ich.

Neon clown seems thinner and i hope it didnt lay eggs yet because i didntnotice till after the 90 percent water chnage.Left about two inches in the tank.Also female is most hit with ich with 15 spots.

Other neon is unseen though i cant see back of tank and this one wasnt that badly infected the day before maybe two or three spots.

New cinnamon polyp doing fine.

DSCF1751.jpg

Blue mushroom regaining color still.Blue streaks in veins of coral more bright.Compare pictures from last post.

DSCF1752.jpg

DSCF1745.jpg

DSCF1754.jpg

Corky in frag tank lost buildup of diatoms.One asteria kept in there and sits on it constantly but cleans it of algae.Really one asteria is very good for this coral in my opinion.

DSCF1755.jpg

Bad shot of colors on new blue green buttons.Two polyps of them.

DSCF1758.jpg

Builder Anthony

40 percent water change

Salt at 23

3 drops of formaldahde 10:30 pm

Uv on most of day only took it out 4 hours.

Seeing a reduction in ich but at the same time im seeing new ich appear.Fish awalys bouncing off the rock.Starting to get worried because they are fighting off a infection only to go to a new infection.

Mixing water

Cleaned everything and moved a few corals around to find correct lighting

Builder Anthony

DSCF1760.jpg

10:40 60 percent water change added 4 drops of formaldahde i wanted to do 3 but one extra was added.

Cleaned filter sponge.

New mixed water only sat 24 hours with a powerhead in a bucket.

Warddley wellness ich out sensitive is the product.Some where in my previous posts i dosed 2 mililiters and had some corals die off.It is not reef safe and very very toxic.

Ive seen some improvement in the fish today.In the morning there was spome white spots on the timid yellow clown.I thought it would develop into a bigger ich bubble but i checked them out a second ago and that doesnt seem to be the case.

So the 3 drops may have done something but i dont see any problems with any corals.I was really keeping a eye on the frogspwans mouth because i took a picture of it with the 2 militer dose and it was very open in that picture.It seems normal but i never really look at its mouth because i couldnt see it from the anglew in my tank but i think it looks ok.

Last time the acans some acans were taken out with the 2 mililiter dose.Now they are open with little tenticles poking out a little so im guessing the 3 drop dose is safe.

I should also note that cleaning the sponge filter left a feeling on my hand like something was sticky and left like a film on my hand.I actually think this was the ich trying to attach to my hand as i cleaned it by squeezing the filter under water.

DSCF1761-1.jpg

DSCF1762.jpg

DSCF1765.jpg

DSCF1764.jpg

DSCF1768.jpg

DSCF1774-1.jpg

DSCF1773.jpg

Frag Tank

DSCF1759-1.jpg

DSCF1770.jpg