Coral Vue Hydros

Anthonys 5 Gallon Tanks

Builder Anthony

Builder Anthony

DSCF1782.jpg

uv off 5 hours 50 percent water change.New ich forming but seems to have died down in the tank.The only change ive seen in my tank is the neon leather not extend polyps and has a leathery look to it.Ive never seen it look that way but it may just be growing bigger by shedding but ive never seen it look like that since its been a frag.

I think the neon that is hideing is guarding eggs which is the worst possible time for this to happen.

New addition mushroom with baby mushroom on side

DSCF1775-1.jpg

New addition mushroom

DSCF1778-1.jpg

Maybe a maxi mini its quick.I got it with the green mushrom in the cup a short time ago.It was received with brownish colors.Eats flake food and mysis.

DSCF1779.jpg

Everything in this cup except for the maxi mini was placed in the tank.See front tank shot.

DSCF1781.jpg

Edited by Builder Anthony
Builder Anthony

DSCF1783.jpg

6:00pm

Cargreeni either splitting or up to something.First i seen like one or two sweepers very short and they have been building in number as the last two days went by.I seen a clear cloud extruded from the mouth but no brown was kicking out.Ive never seen this on a mushroom.Unfornately i didnt take a picture and i moved it to the frag tank but then i didnt know if it was splitting or not so i then put it back in the display tank.I havent been doseing any food and i think it may have been a clear cloud to trap food.There were small bits of detrius trapped in the cloud.So after i moved it back i dosed the tank 4 drops of micro feeder food.

9:00pm

Actually i do think there is some color loss in the mushroom.Certain areas look a little clear.

Ich is still present in small amounts....all fish infected.

10:00pm

35 percent water change to day.

Uv off 6 hours during day.

Cloud reforming on mushroom from mouth.

Added second airline to tank.

Builder Anthony

Ya i have seen almost no growth on the blue cloves.I have some white daisy polyps on the same rock and they are outgrowing the blue cloves.I see some blue cloves in the sandbed and some around the tank but i think they were blown off the rock when my filter was flowing on the rock.

Ya i have seen almost no growth on the blue cloves.I have some white daisy polyps on the same rock and they are outgrowing the blue cloves.I see some blue cloves in the sandbed and some around the tank but i think they were blown off the rock when my filter was flowing on the rock.

Some to me here. The rock that I purchased came with daisy and blue clove. Daisy spread all over the tank, however, the blue clove does nothing! I want something like el fabulous pico tank last time, growth like crazy and really nice to see.

Builder Anthony

Fourty percent water change

Uv off five hours in daytime

DSCF1791.jpg

Cargreeni developed brown slime disease and was fragged.Brown slime disease caused by ich remover.

After the cut mushroom expeled some brown slime as well and was moved to the frag tank.

I dont expect the frag to make it and it is a major coral loss seeing it was a real nice mushroom.

No other corals show any sign of distress.All recordings of ich tratment were exzact and never exceeded 4 drops to the tank.

DSCF1788.jpg

Ich still present in the tank.

Male

DSCF1792.jpg

DSCF1794.jpg

Female

DSCF1787.jpg

DSCF1793.jpg

Builder Anthony

Thirty percent water change

Seems like another mushroom has developed brown slime.Im not sure if it was from ich remover or not its been some time since i last dosed.The mushroom turned a very darkish color the last few weeks and i dont know if it was from not eating or low nutreients in the water.I have two baby mushrooms from this mushroom and they seem to be doing ok but they are real small.

Heres the first addition tank photo from april 6th on page 2.Over that time period the mushroom gradually lost color and there should be plenty of photos of it in this thread.It only moved to the one location and never walked anywhere else.No direct feedings were done.I did dose kent marine micro feeder food.As for the gradual color loss i am uncertain what caused it.It was on a ledge most of its lifecycle with indirect light from the led.You can look back at previous photos and take a look at its lighting.

DSCF1534.jpg

Brown slime

DSCF1663.jpg

After brown stuff sucked out it is eaten the mushroom just like the one before.

DSCF1666-1.jpg

Baby of same mushroom

DSCF1660-1.jpg

Very small baby 3 weeks

DSCF1665.jpg

Freshwater diped a duncan coral addition that was kept in a tank with flatworms.I did freshwater dips before and the flatworms come off real fast.It was working well up till today.The tempeture of the water was slightly warm and the coral was placed in there about 15 seconds then i started shaking it in the water so any flatworms that didnt fall off would fall off from the shaking.I guess the coral was in there aboutfifty seconds to a minute.I placed it in the frag tank for like 5 minutes but it was all tightened up so i figured id better move it to the display tank to be safe.I looked at it closely for flatworms before doing so........Some time passed and i notcied a thin layer of white mucus around the entire coral....I let it sit some time and the currents seem to have cleared off the stuff but one head seems really ticked off and i am a bit concerned about it.With the polp tenticles that were exposed i droped some mysis shrimp on them with some tweesers.Two of the heads grabbed and ate it which made me happy.But the third head which still has slime on it didnt really have any clear spots on it.and the peice droped off.So heres some coral damage from a slighty warm freshwater dip.I felt the water was slightly warm but i thought it be in there so short of a time it wouldnt really matter.I was wrong.

Two heads that ate and one that didnt.There is also some yellow sweepers or peeling comeing from the entire base.

DSCF1657-1.jpg

Unknown coral

DSCF1659-1.jpg

This is the first time ive seen this mushroom eat and it is differnt from other mushrooms by the way it closes.It has a skirt around the bottom that closes real quickly once the sides are up and raised.Thats a mysis shrimp tail hanging out of its mouth.This picture is it unfolding after swallowing the food.

DSCF1658-1.jpg

Candy cane with mysis

DSCF1655-1.jpg

Builder Anthony

The tank may look nice but it has brought me very little enjoyment the last two weeks.Ive been stressed out and its even harder to maintain now because im doing all these water changes and i feel like they are doing my tank bad by not letting it mature.I can tell the mushrooms arent liking it because the water isnt a little dirty.It helps with the ich on the otherhand.So either way im screwed as of right now.

I do like top down pictures as well they are much clearer.

Builder Anthony

Ninty percent water change around 11:00am

Twenty percent water change at 11:00pm

Ya ich is nasty stuff and has killed the male neon goby which had a infestation around the left gills and most of its body.Its not only the ich its treating the tank tank which is even worse.I have to get the remaining fish out of there.I should have tryed from the begining but i thought it would stress the fish.I think i can treat it better if i get them into my glass jar.At least ill be able to do 100 percent water changes and clean the glass entirely.I think the ich settled onto the walls rock or everything in there so its just impossible to get it out with fish in there.So getting them out is number one on the list i guess.

I been useing this garlic treatment for two days.

DSCF1676-1.jpg

Im suprised this stoped melting

DSCF1668-1.jpg

The duncan has recovered from the freshwater dip

DSCF1669-1.jpg

Candy cane that was stung by hammer is healing well.The zoas next to it are developing alot of green algae and have never really opened in the tank.I dont know what to do about the algae.

DSCF1673-1.jpg

This guys doing fine im not sure what type of anemone it is.

DSCF1672-1.jpg

New mushroom that was freshwater diped and placed in frag tank decided to let go of the rock and is now in the display.The plate skeleton was received with the mushroom and had ALOT of flatworms come off during the dip maybe fifty.

DSCF1671-1.jpg

New mushroom gaining some color

Frags of zoas doing fine

Ricoredea that was stung by orange ricordea or lack of light being covered up by the orange ricordea is still somewhat faded

DSCF1670-1.jpg

Leather frags attached to rack

DSCF1674-1.jpg

Builder Anthony

Another sad day for the tank :(

Fish were unsuccesfuly caught.

Ich is tryen to reform in the tank so i did another ninty percent water change.Its the time to cacth it.Fish have some small white spots but i think its cut back some.I dont know if people realize but ninty percent water change takes most of my corals out of the water and it freaks me out.

Cant seem to shake problems here.The new mushroom i placed in the display was placed near the one that had brown slime on it.The thing totaly melted in a day.I mean like just one little section was left and the slime was sticking to it really bad.I swear i just got done holding the line in the tank to drain the water and im typing and my hands feel sticky.I think thats the ich.

Brown slime eating mushroom......discarded after brown removed mushroom was killed.

DSCF1507-2.jpg

The duncans fine and all heads are eating.

DSCF1510-5.jpg

The female neon is hideing in the hole the male was hiding in.I think there might be eggs in there that shes guarding since the male passed away.But all these water changes arent good.

Sea cucumber

DSCF1509-2.jpg

Some good news is my sea cucumber has moved to a spot i can feed it with this thing i made.

I think im done buying coral for a while since ive been having problems.I also need to relax from all these constant placements of things.I guess i will work on a auto topoff made from a hamster bottle.

DSCF1506-5.jpg

Builder Anthony

Well i caught the male yellow clown goby and palced him in my water change jar with two leather coral frags.It uasually sleeps on it and thats what its doing.The water is 100 percent new but sat 2 days mixing.

Builder Anthony

DSCF1513-3.jpg

Mushroom possibly splitting

DSCF1511-6.jpg

All three fish are in the water change jar with a heater and airpump.No doseing.I couldnt get a decent shot of the neon goby.

Female

DSCF1514-3.jpg

Male

DSCF1515-3.jpg

Builder Anthony

editing

DSCF1520-7.jpg

I stuck the fish back in the tank.I fear ich spreading in such a small container and getting into thier gills.

I treated them in the jar for about five minutes with the same ich remover with the corals out right before putting them back in.I used about five drops.None of the water reacehd the display.The female yellow clown has the most spots now.Id say roughly 10-15 they are very white and small tight dots that i think will grow.

DSCF1537-6.jpg

DSCF1536-4.jpg

The other fish have begining stages of it again but only 4-5 dots.

I did a 25 percent water change yesterday and today.Most of my water changes were in the jar.

Some minor problems with mushrooms not attaching and finding correct placement.

One green candy cane head on the zoa rock in the frag tank needs some wacthing.

The orange mushroom wasnt spliting it has regained its origional shape.

Star polyps developing mat

DSCF1521-6.jpg

DSCF1525-4.jpg

Duncans closed up here but i just took them off the frag plug and stuck them im a good hole.

DSCF1524-8.jpg

DSCF1523-6.jpg

DSCF1530-6.jpg

DSCF1522-6.jpg

DSCF1529-7.jpg

Clam

DSCF1544-3.jpg

DSCF1528-7.jpg

DSCF1527-7.jpg

DSCF1545-5.jpg

DSCF1546-4.jpg

DSCF1543-2.jpg

DSCF1539-6.jpg

DSCF1531-6.jpg

DSCF1532-5.jpg

DSCF1535-5.jpg

DSCF1542-3.jpg

DSCF1541-3.jpg

DSCF1534-5.jpg

DSCF1540-5.jpg

DSCF1526-10.jpg

DSCF1532-5.jpg

COOKIE!

(hopefully I am not the only one to spot the Cookie Monster in this pic ...)

Tank is looking good, Anthony. Hope you can clear that ich.

Edited by castiel
Builder Anthony

Purple sea fan was touching new mushroom and has casued it to split.Two feet can be seen.There are photos from one of my big mushroom splitting a few pages back and the purple sea fan was also touching it.It then split.The sea fan must give off some sort of toxin or something to keep other corals at bay or at least to keep things off of it.The mushroom was sliming up and semi divided.Im leaving the slime till morning to see what going on with it.These pictures were taken with a quick lights on in the tank.

DSCF1556-2.jpg

I had my hammer coral sting my blue St.Thomas mushroom.There must have been one tenticle that touched it and the mushroom let out a very small sweeper and retracted a litte but it is doing ok.The mushroom also had one of my biggest asterias clinging to its foot and i know the asteria was eating it but i caught it early.Its the first time i seen a asteria eat a mushroom.....or try to.This is my biggest asteria which is bigger then a nickel.So the frogspawn was moved to the water change jar which has been holding some coals since the frag tank was taken down because of algae but is refilled with new water today.I am also wondering why this asteria has never split since its been in there a long time.I wonder if its like a dominate star that doesnt split.

DSCF1554-2.jpg

The dromible crab was placed in with the corals and has coved himself in purple zoas.He trimmed about 15 of them off the rock and he has stuck them to his back.I really dont mind to much as long as hes not eating them.I am keeping count on how many are on the rock that he hasnt trimmed because if those disappear i know hes muching on them but i think its just decorating himself with them.Its the first time the crab has been placed in with capability of reaching corals.

Dromible crab decorated with zoas.

DSCF1552-3.jpg

The mushrrom that had brown slime disease and had that long peice hanging off of it has healed up.The section is still hanging off of it and looks like part of the mouth is going to be added to the long strecthed out peice.

DSCF1555-2.jpg

I seen a baby basket star in my tank and it was very very small.Odd thing is that i was wacthing it one minute and it had all its arms but them literally five minutes later it left two of them on the rock.Its the first time ive seen one in my tank.I have no idea where it came from.

I also seen some baby mysis shrimp swiimng around the orange ricordea.Those i seen appear about a week ago.

DSCF1547-3.jpg

Ich is still present.

Duncans have remained closed in there new spot ever since removing them from the frag plug.I dont think alot of damage was done to them but a section of the skin on its stem doesnt receive full lighting and about a fouth of a inch is in the rock now.

DSCF1551-4.jpg

I had my xeina fall into the dreaded orange ricordea which stung it and made the xeina retract all crazy but it should be fine in a few days.

DSCF1549-6.jpg

Frogspawn also bumped into the purple corky frag and stug it pretty good but it should heal within a week.

DSCF1550-4.jpg

Builder Anthony

Mushroom in the morning was covered in slime that ate the tissue.It was cleaned off and new mucus formed and melted.

Blue candy cane added.

DSCF1562-2.jpg

DSCF1561-1.jpg

1 leather coral waiting for frag tank.There was a blue leg hermit crab attached to the rock it came on.

DSCF1564-3.jpg

Builder Anthony

Well theres some fadeing on it but i think in two weeks it should plump up.Since ive had candy canes and leathers do good since the begining i think it was a correct choice.I really want mushrooms but dealing with ich and changeing the water every day by draining the tank isnt doing them any good.I am rather burnt out on dealing with ich but i have been cleaning the filters and water every day.I fear for my female yellow clown goby because the ich on it now is on the gills and it has about 17 spots.I recaptured it since its the most infected and placed it in the leather coral container.

Builder Anthony

It opens up alot but i havent been feeding the tank.The main thing to keeping the polyps open is the flow hitting the sea fan.A airpump is in the bottom corner of the tank right underneath it.The bubbles from the airpump go over the entire thing and it gets the flow from the airpump off the wall of the glass because the bubbles push off the wall.I have some of the tips fadeing very slightly and i think its because im not feeding the tank anything at the moment because of ich.The only place it doesnt shoot out polyps is the very bottom but theres no receding there.Just to mention it again.........you dont want this thing to touch mushrroms unless you want to take the chance of them sllimeing up and dying.It really does some damage and ive never read anything like that but trust me it happens.