ReefCleaners.org

Anthonys 5 Gallon Tanks

Builder Anthony

Builder Anthony

Ya i think ill be doing these 1-2 jar water changes for .........ever lol.5 drops of the ich remover does seem to effect anything......actulaay my real small neon green cloves seem to bubble and close.But they reopen after a hour.I dont add ich remover every time i change the water.Id say once every three changes but i do 2 changes a day.

Builder Anthony

Long day at work today no water changes.

Two spots on the neon,three on the goby,the other ones fine maybe one real small one.

Corky building up green algae.

All other corals seem fine.

Mushroom is healed up as well.

Builder Anthony

Water change jar with Turquoise and Apache Tears.Has brown flatworm,neon goby,bristle worms aptasia and crab.

DSCF1582.jpg

Crab in the jar

DSCF1583-1.jpg

DSCF1555.jpg

Front tank shot

Uv sterilizer ran constantly since bought.

No sign of ich on any fish

The 7 new snails appear fine and seem to be adressing the algae.Seems to be enough left for them and the emerald to keep a constant supply.

Feedings of white bass eggs,cyclops,shrimp for corals,frozen rotifers.No kent marie micro feeder food last week.

The green candy cane has developed a second center feeding hole i guess this is how they start to split.Its so bright its hard to take a picture.

DSCF1576-1.jpg

Sponge with green buble algae

DSCF1571.jpg

Newly added unknown mushroom.Have to keep an eye on it its so small i seem a copepod running around with it at night and spagetti worms are lassoing it in the current toward their tubes.

DSCF1506-2.jpg

May be a St.Thomas mushroom.

DSCF1507-1.jpg

This seems to turn a darker red if not in direct light but easily regains white when in direct lighting

DSCF1553-3.jpg

Greenish color forming from browned out polyp.See previous pictures to tell the difference.

DSCF1511-4.jpg

Acans seem to be gaining lighter whiteish tone of color.They turned dark purple brown black being given to much light.

DSCF1510-3.jpg

Photosynthetic sponge very slow grower.Taking shape from the current and light location.Seems very algae resistant.

DSCF1515-2.jpg

Neon goby

DSCF1570.jpg

Red Asteria

DSCF1563-2.jpg

Purple zoanthids

DSCF1556.jpg

Algae on coral

DSCF1554.jpg

DSCF1574-1.jpg

Frogspawn

DSCF1549-3.jpg

Acan

DSCF1539-3.jpg

Daisy Polyps

DSCF1538-4.jpg

Mushroom from the back of the tank moved to the front of the tank

DSCF1536-2.jpg

Baby mushroom

DSCF1535-3.jpg

Wacthing the color of this mushroom because its not likeing high light.the uv sterilizer is now blocking direct light of the led so it has increased in size and is larger and color is improving

DSCF1534-3.jpg

Green zoanthids growing well

DSCF1531-4.jpg

Danaged acan seems healed.It was damaged trying to reduce the frag size which cracked the skeleton.Its been through alot.Cracked into multiple peices,yellow clown picking at it,ich treatments.

DSCF1530-4.jpg

Blue dots formed in high lighting.Hard to tell in this photo.

DSCF1529-5.jpg

Another high light mushroom also has dots.Doesnt ever eat anything.

DSCF1528-5.jpg

Ricordea high lighting but has refused food last month.

DSCF1527-5.jpg

Star polyps not multiplying.They are actually in a hole running threw the rock.Placed there when first bought.

DSCF1526-8.jpg

Healed Xeina

DSCF1523-5.jpg

Blue clove polpys with white polyps on the bottom of the rock.The white polyps have really grown in the last 15 days.See previous photos.

DSCF1519-3.jpg

DSCF1520-5.jpg

Growing well and polyp extension is common now.

DSCF1521-5.jpg

First blue candy cande head

DSCF1518-4.jpg

Second candy cane head

DSCF1517-6.jpg

Cant see the color change in this photo but there is some blue in the middle with a green rim around the outside.It was bought buried undeneath the sand and was browned out.

DSCF1514-2.jpg

Growing new branches

DSCF1522-4.jpg

Edited by Builder Anthony
Builder Anthony

The purple sea cucumber appeared again.It was gone for like two weeks.I have no clue the where abouts of the yellow sea cucumbers they been gone the same amount of time.

DSCF1589-1.jpg

Yesterday this stomella that has been in the tank around three weeks divided and left the back half of itself on the glass.I never seen this before.It then fell into the sand.I kind of nudged it with a airhose and it went onto the glass.It didnt look good again and i seen it in the sand.I put it on part of a rock then and i havent seen it since.

DSCF1586.jpg

This is what came off the stomella when it divided.

DSCF1585.jpg

Green hair algae and some plant like stuff that clings to my filter.Ive never cleaned it since the tank started.

DSCF1605-1.jpg

Theres a little cheato,some featherdusters and pineapple sponges in here.I just chnage the filter floss around every two days.

DSCF1606.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

The stomatella wasnt dividing. When they feel threatened they can break off the back part of their foot in an attempt to escape.

Builder Anthony

Stomatella divide/breakoff......

I dont really see what could have spooked the stomella it was right in the middle of the glass where it split.Nothen messes with the four i have in there.I was hoping it was changeing sex......but then im not sure what the sex are of the ones i have in there.

Really wondering why the purple corky wasnt open when i got home from work.Minor algae build up.

One dot of ich on each Yellow clown goby in the morning.The bigger one has lost it at 10:00pm.The smaller one still has it but it seems to have taken the shape of a tunicate again.Its really in the same spot it had it before.Right on top of its head.No doseing of ich remover to the tank but the uv sterlizer has been running since it was bought.

One jar water change in the morning and i cleaned the filter at night.

Moved a mushroom out of the shade as it was slowly bleaching white the last 2 weeks.First time it showed spitting of brown materail from center.I think its because the bleaching reached the center.Really hard to spot the bleaching in the begining because it just looked a slighter pale blue.Not to mention the part bleaching was in the shade.The new snails seem to be plowing threw the sandbed where my mushrooms are.It broke up the zoanthids a little but i think they needed it they were real close to each other.I think they will get more light now.

DSCF1617-1.jpg

Previous location.......check back posts for date placed ....its been a while since i added it and it was in this location a while.

DSCF1526-5.jpg

One of my yellow clown gobys seems to be rather fat lately.Im not sure if its developing eggs or is eating something in the tank.

Damaged acan was moved to a differnt spot because this burrowing snail was pushing it close to zoanthids.It didnt take well to the new spot and was being moved around over there and is dead most likely from being fliped over and not getting correct lighting.So i have one acan colony left out of four.I really think the main problem i had with this coral is them being moved........wether it be off a frag plug,onto rocks,onto sandbed,from here to there.The things needed to be placed but something awalys damaged them of moved them to a bad spot.Actually wait i do have two very tiny acans on one of my rocks.Its the rainbow ones.

Heres the snail that likes to burrow.It doesnt seem to mind plowing underneath things.Stirs up the sand real good.

DSCF1608.jpg

Deceased Coral

DSCF1530-4.jpg

Builder Anthony

Candy cane coral has developed a third mouth.

No signs of ich the last few days.

Ive noticed some slight color fadeing in my camo mushroom,blue,and blue dot mushroom.I think my light period is to long and the light hanging too low.I was running lights for 14 hours.I think this may be the cause of the mushroom bleaching.I raised it up higher and im swicting to a ten hour lights on.

Mushroom has bleached a little more.

DSCF1615.jpg

All othe corals are fine even the corky has lost the algae tint on its head.

The purple sea cucumber is in the same spot and its a low flow area in which it gets cyclops and frozen brine when i feed.So its been getting decent amount of food lately.Two to three feedings a day for the tank.One jar water change every other day.

These photos were taken when i swicthed the lights on at night so some htings are closed up.

DSCF1633.jpg

Night photo of xeina that has conneted to the rock.It strecthed out today since i moved the light up.

DSCF1627.jpg

One to two polyps developing red algae on neon daisy polyps.

DSCF1628.jpg

Newly added slimer acro which was a stupid descision.

DSCF1629-1.jpg

The dark sponge thats right above the yellow had a green algae bubble where the hole is on the bottom.The bubble went away and the sponge developed a passageway for flow there and the water goes threw the bottom to the top of it.

DSCF1630.jpg

This sponge is really growing fast lately.

DSCF1621-1.jpg

Little bit of green algae on ricordea rock.It awalys grows back after i trim it.My emerald doesnt seem intrested in it.It likes the dark algae on m,y main rock.

DSCF1622.jpg

Blue dot mushroom and purple sea cucumber.

DSCF1623-2.jpg

Small clipping of red unknown macro.

DSCF1625-1.jpg

One of the bigger snails burrows into the sand around here.

DSCF1626.jpg

For sale 8.00 plus shipping from 54913 for more then half of this stuff.It has white dots if you blast it with light.See its introduction to the tank on page two near the bottom.Its been sort of tucked in the back lately.

DSCF1611-1.jpg

DSCF1610-1.jpg

Builder Anthony

Redid the scape a little.

Added the branch rock on the right side.Im looking to get somemore branch rock for the top of the tank.I uasuall drain the tank down to the purple zoanthid polyps when doing water changes.

DSCF1686.jpg

Bigger yellow clown goby

DSCF1710.jpg

Smaller yellow clown goby that uasually hangs out where it is in the photo.

DSCF1691.jpg

Neon goby looks a little fat

DSCF1709.jpg

Hermit crab under frogspawn.I think it may be snacking on some of the clear sponge on the back of the yellow sponge rock.Im not sure if it is but there is a decline in that sponge.The sponge is inflated.

DSCF1688.jpg

25 white polyps last time i counted.They arent bleached.

DSCF1692.jpg

Airpump in the middle of the tank now.

DSCF1693.jpg

When i moved this rock there was some yellow sponge growth from the other rock on it.Now the new branch rock is up against the yellow sponge.

DSCF1695.jpg

Dug the round snail shell out of the back.SOmething knocked it in the back about two weeks ago.

DSCF1694.jpg

Im not seeing any real improvements on the mushroom.

DSCF1699.jpg

The whiteish color buble on the right is one way how this thing spreads.It will turn into a polyp.

DSCF1704.jpg

Mushrooms.

DSCF1696.jpg

This is getting alot more light now.It was staying closed from low flow and low light.I run a small flourestent bulb right next to it for 8 hours and its getting beter flow from the filter and airpump.

DSCF1690.jpg

Builder Anthony

Thanks. :)

Things are seeming to grow in now.I shouldnt have to mess with the position of any corals.

Builder Anthony

Some baby Stomatella snails and real small other snail that im not sure of the name are cruseing around.

My larger yellow clown goby has been rubbing on the green acro and for the first time i actually seen it act nice towards the smaller one.It was hanging out on its side of the tank,and trying to sit next to it but the other one is still scared of it.

The green acro isnt doing to hot.I have the bad side faceing the light because thats how it fits good in its hole.

DSCF1733.jpg

Added this.

DSCF1720.jpg

This guy has been on the blue clove rock i just got a shot of it.

DSCF1716.jpg

Mushrooms that i moved to the back.

DSCF1732.jpg

Some sort of eggs right below where the green thing bends.

DSCF1727.jpg

Im not sure what these things are.At first i thought they were the little white feather dusters.But seeing some new snails around made me think they are snail egg cases.Its like theres little eggs in here.

DSCF1731.jpg

Builder Anthony

These pictures were taken at night with the lights fliped on for photos.

DSCF1739.jpg

White chiton moveing toward a hole.Its in the center of the photo.

DSCF1735-1.jpg

Some growth on these

DSCF1740-1.jpg

My camo mushroom

DSCF1738.jpg

Builder Anthony

I been feeding my tank white bass fish eggs from a fish my nephew caught.We didnt know it had eggs but i figured id freeze them and see if anything would eat them.Everything loves them.Today the purple sea cucumber got a nice bit of them and im glad because its hard to feed that thing.My fish go crazy when i add them in there.Corals like them as well.

Heres a shot of some zoanthids i got like 3 days ago.Theres a total of four polyps.You can also see some of the white spots on the glass there.I think there some sort of snail eggs.

DSCF1506-3.jpg

Builder Anthony

Colors of the reef in dim light.

DSCF1511-5.jpg

Added this i think its a favia.It has one aptasia on the underside of the rock that i hope decides to move to the light.

DSCF1510-4.jpg

Some orangeing of the coral where it looks like it wasnt receiveing good light.

DSCF1513-2.jpg

Builder Anthony

Adding a drop of calcium a day with water changes every other day.One jar.....See previous phots of water change jar.

Looks like theres no sign of the coral eating crab that was in my water change jar.I dont even see a skeleton.I had two large bristle worms in there.But i doubt they ate the skeleton if it died so im clueless.I dont see the giant flatworm either but i wasnt feeding it snails.

Added the neon goby from the water change jar back into the tank.There was fighting in the begining but then like a half hour later i see them in the back and the smaller one was shaking as if trying to breed.After about a hour or two the little one is trying to swim and sit with the bigger one which is nothing i expected.

DSCF1525-2.jpg

Bleaching and browning of the acro seems to have stopped.

DSCF1532-3.jpg

This is the big cave in the back where the smaller goby was shaking next to the bigger one.It chased the bigger goby and sat by it shaking.The bigger goby wasnt really sure what to do i think becuase it uasually chases it.

DSCF1535-4.jpg

Just updateing the white non photosynthetic sponge.It has grone back some.

DSCF1534-4.jpg

No luck on the bleaching mushroom ive been trying all differnt types of lighting.Theres also a baby snail in the center of the photo.

DSCF1527-6.jpg

Zoanthinds starting to grow on the glass.

DSCF1528-6.jpg

Xeina grabbing the glass.I trimmed this head about four days ago and placed it here.

DSCF1529-6.jpg

The yellow clown gobys were sittting togeter on top of the sponge filter today next to each other.

In this photo you can see some of the polyps not showing on the corky.I run a 50/50 flourescent 10 watt next to the glass to keep this coral looking good on this side but this little pacth thats closed has closed up again because i wasnt running the light for like a day and a half.I had it on today though.

DSCF1531-5.jpg

Sweepers close to my candy cane.Im going to get that aptasia off the bottom of the favia soon so ill adjut the favias location by another inch.I have my airpump pushing the sweepers away from the candy cane.

DSCF1530-5.jpg

Feeding of white bass fish eggs.I also feed these to the purple sea cucumber.

DSCF1537-4.jpg

Builder Anthony

Thanks Friar

I still have a few stocking ideas in mind.Just very litte room.

DSCF1539-4.jpg

Added 2 baby limpets

Found a white sea cucumber on the favia..very small 3 centimeters long.

Rainbow featherdusters on favia as well.

One barnicle on favia

DSCF1553-5.jpg

Temp 78 Salt 25

DSCF1551-2.jpg

Green acro holding on.

DSCF1550-2.jpg

One jar water change every other day

Filter sponge on filter intake tube rinsed out every other day with new floss for filter pump.

Three drops of kent micro feeder food every day

Half a frozen cube a day.Either white bass fish eggs rotifers or cyclops

Calicum dose 1 drop every other day.

The button polyp has been developing a baby its color improved from dark brown to a brownish green.It was brown when hicth hiked in.

DSCF1545-3.jpg

Sponge growth along with plant growth.I have to wacth the plant so it doesnt wrap onto the purple corky.I dont want the roots digging in there.Purple corky is extremly sensitive to red algae growth.It had just the start of red algae on it and i had to do lights of for a day.I did thatr because the day before in the morning i went to turn on the lights and it was open.The red algae was dying off at night in other words.So i just went dark a day.

DSCF1546-2.jpg

Shadeing mushrooms from light.

DSCF1547-1.jpg

These blue cloves dont like the height of the led or the brightness of the led so i block out the led and placed my flouresent atinic blue ballast to block the light and throw it atintic.Its finally regaining blues.No atinic in the photo though its just the led on.

DSCF1549-4.jpg

Corky was staying closed two days straight and had minor red algae bloom on it.So i shut the lights down to two hours for one entire day.Its opened up now.Been tryen to keep the lights down but coming home late so 12 hours on.Asterias snacking on this coral and the peach ball thing.

Mushroom was moved to the back in a low flow and low light area.

DSCF1542-1.jpg

Orange spots on favia still visable.Its sending out tenticles every night and plump.If you look close towards the top you can see some of filter feeders similar to spagetti worms.

DSCF1540-3.jpg

No problems with this

DSCF1544-1.jpg

Builder Anthony

Order from reef gardner came in.

If you want to see how it was packed you can click here. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=275518

Corals were in shipping 3 days.Ill be running a blue atinic on them for four hours then a dark cycle.

Large foot should be pretty big in a few days.

DSCF1559-2.jpg

Three mushrooms on the rock below.I plan to frag them when i have time by useing bone cutters and just cutting real close to the mushrooms keeping the rock below them.I will trim the rocks real small then. on the undersides.I keep it like that so they dont blow around.Ill then scarpe off and coraline off the old rock and any sponges.

If you look to the right you will see that purple crazy mushroom from the top.Its been developing orange on its outter tenticles.It just looks so diffent from the top then in the front tank shots.

DSCF1558-2.jpg

Builder Anthony

This was happening when i came home work the other day.It was just a blue atinic during the light cycle.The coral was placed on a angle and that was shooting out sweepers.Most stayed on but one fell off as i replaced the coral flat some where else.I checked the salt and it was a little high its now at 23 so things have been adjusting to the salt and i have to wait for things to settle.Coral was bumped a few times in movement.

Salt 27

DSCF1563-3.jpg

This is the other one and you can see its foot lifted.

DSCF1564-2.jpg

Builder Anthony

Night time lights fliped on and tank checked.

DSCF1568-2.jpg

So the mushroom seems to be staying like this

DSCF1574-2.jpg

I moved these cause they seem to be browning.

DSCF1576-2.jpg

DSCF1573.jpg

DSCF1571-1.jpg

DSCF1569-1.jpg

DSCF1589-2.jpg

DSCF1575.jpg

DSCF1596.jpg

My asteria like this stuff but it grows back.

DSCF1595-1.jpg

DSCF1585-1.jpg

DSCF1593.jpg

DSCF1591-1.jpg

DSCF1602.jpg

DSCF1601-1.jpg

DSCF1597.jpg

DSCF1598.jpg

DSCF1579-1.jpg

DSCF1580.jpg

Builder Anthony

I was taking pictures at night yesterday and found my dromible crab back in my display tank.He must have made his way in there by disquiseing himself with the red macro on his back from the water jar that i threw back into my display.

Its a cool crab but it eats hammercorals..or damages them see earlier in posts.

Dromible crab with greenalgae food on his back.It molted like 4 days ago in the display tank...... must have been in there about a week.

DSCF1608-2.jpg

DSCF1609-1.jpg

Builder Anthony

I got a replacement basslast for my flourecenst that i fryed with water today.There were no flouresents running the last two and a half day which made my blue polyps turn brown again.

Corky withering from lack of light because led is higher up and i dont want to burn the mushrooms that i uasually hide with the flouresent.

Waters starting to balance out with water changes.