ReefCleaners.org

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
Wow thats an awesome timeline...the frag did a complete 180. congrats man and your right it does look just like my teal stag although yours looks even better now that it has purple tips.

Thanks hype! And I know it went from a coral that was slightly neglected to one of my favorites. I think even the polyps have changed color too.

It looks a lot like my green and blue frogskin. I have a couple of frags that started tiny and looked like they weren't going to make it. Good Schrieba husbandry goes a long way!

Could be it! I'll probably be able to tell even more as it continues to grow. And yeah goes to show you should never give up on a coral.

:naughtydance: :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

:lol:

teamschreiba
What did you dip it in and why?

This post should answer all your questions.

can i has piece?

Haha once the frag grows out maybe ;)

teamschreiba
Glad to see everything's still kicking! :lol: Looking great schreiba.

Thanks iball!

Oh yeah forgot about that. I can't keep up with all these threads....

:lol: No problem, there are a ton of great threads on here to keep track of.

• 2 weeks later...
teamschreiba

Quick update: Everything in the tank is doing great and growing well. I recently placed an order with battlecorals to get some more limited SPS pieces. They were a great company to deal with and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for great SPS. I even got a free frag of jason fox psammacora! Once the frags start to color up a little more from the shipping I'll take some new shots :happy:

Here's the new corals!

Shawn Bennet Yellow Tort

Acro Suharsonoi (Banannas! Banannas! Banannas!)

Cali Tort

Ultimate's Rainbow Acro

ORA Pearlberry

Palmers Blue Milli

Quick update: Everything in the tank is doing great and growing well. I recently placed an order with battlecorals to get some more limited SPS pieces. They were a great company to deal with and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for great SPS. I even got a free frag of jason fox psammacora! Once the frags start to color up a little more from the shipping I'll take some new shots :happy:

Here's the new corals!

Shawn Bennet Yellow Tort

Acro Suharsonoi (Banannas! Banannas! Banannas!)

Cali Tort

Ultimate's Rainbow Acro

ORA Pearlberry

Palmers Blue Milli

Nice list of SPS. :)

teamschreiba
Looks awesome TS!

Thanks MGD!!

Nice list of SPS. :)

Thanks Asureef! I spent awhile really trying to decide which ones I wanted, there were a few more I wanted that he didn't have in stock too.

teamschreiba
i do need to see these new corals :D
This...asap :D
This ²

Ahh okay I guess I have to :P They really don't look the best right now because of the shipping but it is good to have some baseline pictures. I'll try and take some either tomorrow or this weekend!

• 4 weeks later...
teamschreiba

Man it's been a long time since I've done an update...

A few things have popped up with the tank. Unfortunately the red bugs are back, so tomorrow night all SPS are getting dipped since I don't want to treat the whole tank with interceptor and kill all my inverts and pods. Secondly, I was away this weekend and the MAME got dirty enough to the point where a large air bubble built up in the overflow and my tank sitter could not get it to go away. I basically had them take the whole sump offline and place a heater in the tank and surprisingly everything survived really well. I'm getting really tired of cleaning the MAME though and I know one day when I'm cleaning it something catastrophic is going to happen and then I'll really have a problem. I could take out all the corals and drill the 60-f but I just don't like how it looks and feel like a traditional overflow in this small of a tank takes up too much space.

Sooooo this got me thinking about getting a bigger tank possibly a shallow-ish, rimless, starphire cube somewhere between 60-100 gallons :ninja: I'd need a new return pump, powerhead, stand, and lights (but not immediately), and that's about it. What do you guys think?

I think it never fails. Once you start you can't stop.

That said a shallow 10 gallon setup sounds like a wet dream. And I'm bout to go to sleep. Night.

Make an external overflow, you just need a dremel and a diamond wheel. Then build the overflow box from glass from glass shop, pretty easy and won't take up any room in your excellent 60-F. This is what i'm doing for my new 15 gallon AGA.

Just noticed your in VA as well. I have a tank that is custom built from acrylic 36"x9"x10". Very close to the ada, just a little bigger. The reason I bring this up is because I see you were mentioning the overflow taking up too much room. The guy that built mine built an external overflow attached to the back of the tank. I will have to get pics later, but the overflow box doesn't take up any room. I will buy a maggie muffler to throw in the overflow box, and bam, good to go

thegadgetfish

Wow, that is an absolutely breathtaking setup! The mame overflow is so beautiful and clean. How often do you have to clean it?

Bigger tank? Do it! You know you want to :lol:

teamschreiba
I think it never fails. Once you start you can't stop.

That said a shallow 10 gallon setup sounds like a wet dream. And I'm bout to go to sleep. Night.

Yeah very true...

Make an external overflow, you just need a dremel and a diamond wheel. Then build the overflow box from glass from glass shop, pretty easy and won't take up any room in your excellent 60-F. This is what i'm doing for my new 15 gallon AGA.
Just noticed your in VA as well. I have a tank that is custom built from acrylic 36"x9"x10". Very close to the ada, just a little bigger. The reason I bring this up is because I see you were mentioning the overflow taking up too much room. The guy that built mine built an external overflow attached to the back of the tank. I will have to get pics later, but the overflow box doesn't take up any room. I will buy a maggie muffler to throw in the overflow box, and bam, good to go

Thanks for the advice guys these do sound like reasonable options that I need to look into.

Wow, that is an absolutely breathtaking setup! The mame overflow is so beautiful and clean. How often do you have to clean it?

Bigger tank? Do it! You know you want to :lol:

Thanks! I'm getting to the point where I have to clean it every 3-4 weeks otherwise it gets pretty bad.

36x36x10 go go go

Man you are just reading my mind, I was thinking 36x36x(12-16) :P

Archived