ReefCleaners.org

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

teamschreiba
lmk if you like the bubble magnus, im thinking about trading for one due to how tiny it is.

Yeah will do. My only other choices were:

a. The ghl profilux doser but that was expensive and wasn't really meant for doing small doses

b. Litermeter 3 but that is also expensive especially since you have to keep adding on dosing pumps at $175 a piece

c. BRS/drew's dosers with my apex but I would have to buy another EB8 which I really have no need for and it would end up being around the same price as the bm-t01

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
Nice. I gotta check some of these LFS on the VA side. Where did you get them?

Thanks! I picked them up at aquatic obsession in Manassas. They had a lot of great zoas the last time I went.

devilsadvocate
Thanks! I picked them up at aquatic obsession in Manassas. They had a lot of great zoas the last time I went.

aquatic obsession is a great store, im glad they are within walking distance of me.

teamschreiba
aquatic obsession is a great store, im glad they are within walking distance of me.

Yeah they do carry great stuff and some really nice people too. I wish I had an LFS that close :P

teamschreiba

Ugh, when one thing goes wrong everything seems to go wrong...

I noticed my large bushy acro in the back has been looking worse over the last few weeks but thought maybe it was due to the dosing or just the fact that it was a maricultured coral. Then my tri-color acro which has always looked good started to get a washed out, chalky look to it so I knew something was up. So last night when I was feeding I really tried to look closely at the SPS and what did I discover. Red bugs :angry:

So I spent about 4 hours researching it last night and decided I didn't want to go through the hassel of trying to get interceptor from a vet and was worried that since my tank has so many pods, it would cause a mini cycle. So I found another treatment where you used Bayer pest control as a dip and many people seemed to have success so I gave it a shot. After doing the dip to 3 corals, I put them back in and noticed PE within an hour and saw dead red bugs on the acros. I took a magnifying glass to all my other SPS and didn't see any so hopefully I'm in the clear!

Thats awesome ts im glad you were able to get rid of them so quickly...hopefully they stay gone. I actually recently had some acro eating flatworms attack my tricolor acros but after a few dips in melafix marine the coral seems to be pest free.

I could be wrong, but a Sixline might help

Every two weeks my big acan will get cleaned for a day and the next will be very healthy and big

Have heard of people using sixlines in frag systems to keep corals clean too :P

idk, GL though :D

teamschreiba
Thats awesome ts im glad you were able to get rid of them so quickly...hopefully they stay gone. I actually recently had some acro eating flatworms attack my tricolor acros but after a few dips in melafix marine the coral seems to be pest free.

Yeah I really hope they were just on the ones I dipped. I spent a good hour with the magnifying glass looking at the other SPS and gave myself a pretty good headache in the process haha. They're just so small and hard to see on darker colored SPS. I'll keep checking and if I see more I'll dip those corals too. Also great you were able to get rid of yours so easily too!

:( keep your chin up, i need a 4x4x20" tank...let me know when you want some more sps ive cut the gnarly ones

Thanks man! Once I'm sure I'm completely rid of the red bugs I'll probably take you up on those.

I could be wrong, but a Sixline might help

Every two weeks my big acan will get cleaned for a day and the next will be very healthy and big

Have heard of people using sixlines in frag systems to keep corals clean too :P

idk, GL though :D

Thanks Spencer! I'd be worried about the added bio load and I'd be impressed if a sixline could pick the bugs off just because they are so incredibly small. Hopefully I finished them off and it won't come to that.

teamschreiba

Well after coming back from being away for a long weekend there's still no sign of the red bugs but I'm going to give it a closer look tonight fingerscrossed

Unfortunately I lost the shortcake but it was the one that was looking the worst. I'm guessing it's how the red bugs got into the tank considering it was maricultured and covered in them. My tri color is looking okay, still pale but not getting any worse. The large acro mini colony in the middle-rear of the tank is showing PE still but it definitely browned out and still looks agitated. Hopefully both of them will recover from the dip.

Another nice surprise from the weekend was finding out my video was featured on Advanced Aquarist! :happy:

devilsadvocate
Well after coming back from being away for a long weekend there's still no sign of the red bugs but I'm going to give it a closer look tonight fingerscrossed

Unfortunately I lost the shortcake but it was the one that was looking the worst. I'm guessing it's how the red bugs got into the tank considering it was maricultured and covered in them. My tri color is looking okay, still pale but not getting any worse. The large acro mini colony in the middle-rear of the tank is showing PE still but it definitely browned out and still looks agitated. Hopefully both of them will recover from the dip.

Another nice surprise from the weekend was finding out my video was featured on Advanced Aquarist! :happy:

congrats man!

Hey I saw your vid on Avanced Aquarist and it was awesome, good job love ya tank.

teamschreiba
congrats man!

Thanks!!

Hey I saw your vid on Avanced Aquarist and it was awesome, good job love ya tank.

Thanks, it's quite an honor to be featured on there especially since I read it everyday :happy:

teamschreiba
Time for frags? Im off mon to wed and Brad wants some i figure i could do nova in one day.

Sure! Just shoot me a PM with maybe some descriptions and prices of what you have.

Hey man this tank is looking awesome. I saw it the other day on WAMAS when I was renewing my subscription and it reminded me I needed to check it out again.

teamschreiba
Hey man this tank is looking awesome. I saw it the other day on WAMAS when I was renewing my subscription and it reminded me I needed to check it out again.

Thanks! And yeah I really try to keep posting everything that's going on with my tank because it continues to go through lots of changes.

Thanks! And yeah I really try to keep posting everything that's going on with my tank because it continues to go through lots of changes.

I feel ya man. I look at my tank now and it looks like a completely different tank than a year ago. I had a 6 month period where I lacked the proper maintenance, but luckily everything was stable. You still in Dumfries?

teamschreiba
I feel ya man. I look at my tank now and it looks like a completely different tank than a year ago. I had a 6 month period where I lacked the proper maintenance, but luckily everything was stable. You still in Dumfries?

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm really trying to get the right stable parameters now and it definitely takes some work. And yep I sure am, you in Manassas?

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm really trying to get the right stable parameters now and it definitely takes some work. And yep I sure am, you in Manassas?

Yep still living in Manassas commuting to DC. Me and the wife a looking to buy in Gainesville are in a year or so. We will probably be in this area for a while although I have a few opportunities that could move us to Europe or Hawaii for a few years, but well end up around here in the end.

teamschreiba
Yep still living in Manassas commuting to DC. Me and the wife a looking to buy in Gainesville are in a year or so. We will probably be in this area for a while although I have a few opportunities that could move us to Europe or Hawaii for a few years, but well end up around here in the end.

Yeah I commute up to around Arlington so I know how that is. That's great you have opportunities to go places like that though, I'd love to travel to those places but living there would be a pretty big step.

Archived