Coral Vue Hydros

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

teamschreiba
Dude, congrats. Just noticed that your video is hosted on advanced aquarist right now. Check it out guys. Schreiber's ADA Video

Thanks IIX! I think I posted that a little while back but it was really cool to be featured on there :happy:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4
Thanks IIX! I think I posted that a little while back but it was really cool to be featured on there :happy:

Ahh yeah I just looked back a few pages...haha I'm a little late but it's fine. ahha

teamschreiba
Ahh yeah I just looked back a few pages...haha I'm a little late but it's fine. ahha

No problem! Maybe there's some people that missed it ;)

Deleted User 4
No problem! Maybe there's some people that missed it ;)

Yeah, I figured that would happen ahah. I did this so some people won't miss it. :D

I missed it first time around. Gorgeous tank bro! Very minimalistic and really showcases you beautiful specimens. Most definately an inspiration to us all!

teamschreiba
Yeah, I figured that would happen ahah. I did this so some people won't miss it. :D

:lol: Thanks IIX!

I missed it first time around. Gorgeous tank bro! Very minimalistic and really showcases you beautiful specimens. Most definately an inspiration to us all!

Thanks sfnt, I really appreciate it!

teamschreiba

Wow so I definitely think I was overdue for a bulb change. All the corals have responded extremely well and are coloring up and noticeably growing more. I know some of this is due to the stabilized alkalinity but my corals have definitely improved.

teamschreiba

Also looking to buy some high end aquacultured SPS frags too, right now I'm debating between Battlecorals and Atlantis (ATL). Any opinions?

teamschreiba
Either one is fine! Are you actually planning on removing the frogspawn?? :scarry:

Still probably not... There's not enough flow on that end of the tank for SPS so. If enough people think the tank would look better without it, I'd consider it though :P

maybe just start another build and do all sps in that one :D

That would be awesome and I have thought about it but I've had this tank so dialed in that I don't know if I feel like starting from scratch again right now.

teamschreiba
Yeah, that's true. I wanna see something new in this tank! :lol:

I bought a couple milli's so I try and get some shots up of those. And I'm getting ready to place an order with Battlecorals too :happy: I might sell a few of my SPS that I'm not too excited about anymore as well.

teamschreiba
Millis :wub:

I know they've had really good PE too especially considering their smaller size.

Lemme get this tank, and you can start a new one. :)

:lol: As long as I only went up to 25-30 gallons all I'd need is a new return pump and possibly lights if I went longer than 24" (Plus the cost of the tank and stand). However I don't feel like dealing with the headache of adding new sand and possibly rocks and dealing with the mini cycle, etc. I'm enjoying my colorful and growing SPS, but don't get me wrong I'd love to have a tank like this.

I heart millis too.

You could upgrade to a 60 cube and keep your light. you would need more rock, but could easily go with dead rock. a long, low shallow is on my hitlist for one of these days. It would look really good on the side of my bar I never use.

teamschreiba
I heart millis too.

You could upgrade to a 60 cube and keep your light. you would need more rock, but could easily go with dead rock. a long, low shallow is on my hitlist for one of these days. It would look really good on the side of my bar I never use.

Man you are just killing me :P If the MAME really starts to fall apart maybe I'll start to consider it a little more. I'd also probably need the 250W MH since I doubt the 150W would be enough. And there's no way I could live up to your tank ;)

teamschreiba

That is a good looking setup. As nice as the MAME is, I'm going drilled with an overflow box on my next setup because I just get tired of cleaning the MAME. It's great for small tanks like mine where an overflow box would take up too much real estate but on larger tanks drilled is better.

Also just spent awhile taking some new shots and am post-processing now :happy:

teamschreiba
Thats a beautiful piece ts.. what is it?

Thanks hype! I honestly don't know the real name for it, I picked it up at Mr. Coral right when I was first setting up the 60-f. It looks very similar to the picture of the teal stag you posted a few days back though. Here's a progression post I did on it awhile back too.

Thanks hype! I honestly don't know the real name for it, I picked it up at Mr. Coral right when I was first setting up the 60-f. It looks very similar to the picture of the teal stag you posted a few days back though. Here's a progression post I did on it awhile back too.

Wow thats an awesome timeline...the frag did a complete 180. congrats man and your right it does look just like my teal stag although yours looks even better now that it has purple tips.

It looks a lot like my green and blue frogskin. I have a couple of frags that started tiny and looked like they weren't going to make it. Good Schrieba husbandry goes a long way!

Archived