SaltCritters.com

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

Looks great.

Any updates on the new tank?

Thanks brad! And yeah it should be shipping at the end of this coming week :D

When are you buying your new big tank? ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once I find the perfect stand. My fiancé is pretty specific on what she wants.

And no way the current ikea bookcase can hold anything bigger, it is already starting to bow a little

And no way the current ikea bookcase can hold anything bigger, it is already starting to bow a little

if you can come up with a drawing of something and we can figure out how we can get it there we can make it happen. ;)

She wants something vintagey looking. Think my best bet is antique/vintage shops or Craigslist and refinishing something. Needs to support 40+ gallons and a sump

de1d2c4389b10a9102f61245770d7844.jpg

3a726e9264b07abd45be7f749d125d59.jpg

Hmm that's going to be a little bit of a challenge. Going to have to be very sturdy to support that much weight. Might have to get something custom built. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what type of stand I want.

if you can come up with a drawing of something and we can figure out how we can get it there we can make it happen. ;)

I agree!

Awesome FTS. I know that MAME is difficult to clean but it looks real cool. What is your water change schedule? Curious cause I don't think I'm doing enough.

Also, Brad. I have an idea. I'll PM u.

Awesome FTS. I know that MAME is difficult to clean but it looks real cool. What is your water change schedule? Curious cause I don't think I'm doing enough.

Also, Brad. I have an idea. I'll PM u.

Thanks! I try and do a WC about every 7-15 days and do 2-4 gallons depending on how long it's been since my last water change. Since I started dosing I'm not as good at sticking to the exactly once a week WC :P

• 1 month later...

Well this tank is officially in the process of being taken down. I'm no longer running the sump/MAME and have all the necessary equipment in the tank. I also have the mangroves from the sump in my tank and all my SPS are in quarantine. It does make for quite an interesting natural/lagoon type look and even at the end of this tanks life it still finds ways to entertain me :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did you end up taking any pics of the sump? I would have loved to see how this was setup.

Here's the only one I had...

6214882345_9619d27840.jpg

What!!! This tank is being taken down??? Dude, no way....ada is too good to let go....

Sadly yes it is...

It is still running with one rock left with just my maxi-mini anemone but all the other corals have been transferred over to the new tank. You could say it is extremely minimalistic :P I'm going to try and take some pictures to sell the whole setup locally since the thing is still full of pods and I don't want to completely take it down and lose all of them. I'll post up one last shot here before it's sold though so don't worry.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

I see. You know, you can always have the last thoughts of converting it into an anemone tank :)

Instead of taking it down. Very low maintenance and easy. Yet pleasing to see it sway with a clown or two.

I see. You know, you can always have the last thoughts of converting it into an anemone tank :)

Instead of taking it down. Very low maintenance and easy. Yet pleasing to see it sway with a clown or two.

I've given it a lot of thought because I do love the ADA but I really want to make sure all my efforts are focused in on the Miracles. Plus I can't stand the sight of the heater in the tank :P

Pretty neat, I am guessing it was custom made.

Thanks, and yes it was by Advanced Acrylics.

24x14x14 but the water level only goes to about 7"

(its cool, im a fan :P )

Pretty much right on there and I estimate I run ~10 gallons of water in it with it around 7".

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

You can use in-line hydor heater to hide it from display or put the heater over in the sump?

Ehh shifting all your emphasis on one tank is best though.

Archived