Top Shelf Aquatics

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

Yeah it does. I need a real sump before anything else. This fish tank sump was a good initial setup and very necessary at the time but it's getting so dam annoying with the carrying water levels and other plumbing issues that a real sump wouldn't have.

Thanks for the info. Gave a lot to think about.

Yeah no problem! Let me know if there's anything I can help you out with.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how I have missed this tank. What a gorgeous set up you have, and of course all of your corals look phenominal.

Excelent photography, I'm starting to get a handle on how to shoot my tank, but I can never quite capture how it really looks in person.

More!

Last one!

7903266352_8499c7581a_c.jpg

Not sure how I have missed this tank. What a gorgeous set up you have, and of course all of your corals look phenominal.

Excelent photography, I'm starting to get a handle on how to shoot my tank, but I can never quite capture how it really looks in person.

Thanks, I really appreciate it! You really need to utilize post processing to capture how the corals look in person. Concentrate on great composition, depth of field, proper focus when taking the actual picture and then tweak the white balance, exposure, etc. when post processing. Just don't go too crazy with the photoshop :P

Everything's looking really good Schreiba! Watched that video on Advanced Aquarist too, really cool!

Thanks Pak! I need to do another video soon, they just take a lot longer to put together than pictures.

Super cool tank Schreiba!

How do you control Giesemann Infiniti light? Does it have a controller?

Thanks zzl! I have it hooked up to my Apex controller.

Schreiba that new tank has a lot to live up to...

Yeah I know :P This tank will be pretty SPS focused and it'll be nice to have a good variety of fish too.

Hey Schreiba, sick tank. I saw that you have (or had at some point) a derasa clam. I have heard they are the easiest clam to care for so was thinking of getting one of them for my 30 gallon as a first ever clam. Just wondering how fast a 3" or so derasa would outgrow my tank and how hard they are to remove. Thanks.

Any estimated time when it will be fully set up?

Gonna sell your mame? ;)

I really don't know, I haven't got an estimate from Miracles yet so. I started curing some dry rock though so hopefully once it comes it I can get going pretty quick :happy:

As far as the MAME goes, I've already had one person PM me about it so you're second in line :P I'll give you the same warning though, it's pretty beat up as I posted a couple pages back about the hole in the first drain U-tube that I patched up. It also has some scratching from the pipe cleaner. I'll still sell it to someone because you could do some kind of DIY and repair and still use the rest of the MAME. And just because they're so hard to come by and I know a lot of people want them.

Hey Schreiba, sick tank. I saw that you have (or had at some point) a derasa clam. I have heard they are the easiest clam to care for so was thinking of getting one of them for my 30 gallon as a first ever clam. Just wondering how fast a 3" or so derasa would outgrow my tank and how hard they are to remove. Thanks.

Thanks Kfmmartin! I didn't have mine long enough to know how fast it grows so I can't really give you any advice there. I would make sure you are dosing and have pretty strong lights and stable parameters and the clam should be okay. Mine died because of a salinity spike when I was on vacation for a week and I think this was in combination with the fact that I wasn't dosing at the time and my alk had gotten too low. Good luck!

I really don't know, I haven't got an estimate from Miracles yet so. I started curing some dry rock though so hopefully once it comes it I can get going pretty quick :happy:

As far as the MAME goes, I've already had one person PM me about it so you're second in line :P I'll give you the same warning though, it's pretty beat up as I posted a couple pages back about the hole in the first drain U-tube that I patched up. It also has some scratching from the pipe cleaner. I'll still sell it to someone because you could do some kind of DIY and repair and still use the rest of the MAME. And just because they're so hard to come by and I know a lot of people want them.

Thanks Kfmmartin! I didn't have mine long enough to know how fast it grows so I can't really give you any advice there. I would make sure you are dosing and have pretty strong lights and stable parameters and the clam should be okay. Mine died because of a salinity spike when I was on vacation for a week and I think this was in combination with the fact that I wasn't dosing at the time and my alk had gotten too low. Good luck!

K thanks. Nice new fts.

still the best tank on here. just sayin

ScZ7F.gif

Haha thanks! And I don't know about that, there's a lot of gorgeous tanks here on N-R.

Really good looking stuff there man. That's a pretty nice SPS garden on the sand on the right side.

Thanks pyronus! And yeah I've got a pretty good collection going and am pretty much out of room :P It'll be nice to be able to mount a lot of them in the new tank and not just have them in the sand.

Archived