Cultivated Reef

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
how's the tank doing? i haven't been here for awhile. but i am back and i need some updates!

Not too bad! I don't know if you saw but I'm in the planning stages of upgrading to a custom 83g :happy: Other than that just continuing on with grow out, unfortunately this week I found some more red bugs so it'll be the 3rd round of dips -_-

I think I'm going to setup some kind of quarantine/extremely close examination process/extra dips when I transfer corals from the ADA to the new tank to try and kick these red bugs for good.

Recently I got some very infected prices from a friends tank. I made two dips in seperate containers. One with 4+ drops of lugols and one with double dose of coral RX. Dipped all corals in both for 15 minutes each. The ones that pulled through (which was mostly the larger ones) looked great afterwards with no ill effects.

havent been on the forums that much since school and rugby take up 100 percent of my time (tank is showing it but im going tpp this weekend to catch up on supplies). Pierce your tank looks fantastic!

where did you get a 36x36x12? :)

teamschreiba
Recently I got some very infected prices from a friends tank. I made two dips in seperate containers. One with 4+ drops of lugols and one with double dose of coral RX. Dipped all corals in both for 15 minutes each. The ones that pulled through (which was mostly the larger ones) looked great afterwards with no ill effects.

Yeah my bayer dip has definitely worked I think I just need to double the dosage to really make sure I get all of them. Thanks for the suggestion too!

havent been on the forums that much since school and rugby take up 100 percent of my time (tank is showing it but im going tpp this weekend to catch up on supplies). Pierce your tank looks fantastic!

where did you get a 36x36x12? :)

Thanks man! I actually got a 40x24x20 from Miracles. It's supposed to be arriving at the end of the month and I can't wait.

Well after having my single clownfish for two years, she went to a new good home today...

And I added two new fish!!! Let's see if anyone can guess what they are :happy:

thats sick. how big are they?

Yeah I love them! They're probably around 1" long right now so pretty small.

Wait, what lighting is this tank under again?? I forgot haha.

I have a Giesemann Infiniti fixture with 150W MH + 5T5's.

That's the craziest clownfish I've ever seen. Can't wait to see ur new tank.

Yeah I think they're so cool! Thanks man!

One of the new little guys :happy: They're eating really well too and looking great!

8092179990_5df3a366e7_c.jpg

I'm going to work on a getting a good shot of the two of them but it's been pretty tough.

how old are they bro?

I'm not sure, but since they're ORA I wouldn't think they would release them at too young of an age. I got them from saltwaterfish.com and they're about an inch long. The eat freeze dried cyclopeeze like crazy though, I'm feeding them ~3-4 times a day.

One of the new little guys :happy: They're eating really well too and looking great!

8092179990_5df3a366e7_c.jpg

I'm going to work on a getting a good shot of the two of them but it's been pretty tough.

do want.

You feed them 3-4 times a day. Holy sh.t.

Yeah but not very much, just when I walk by the tank I put some freeze dried cyclopeeze in. I figure since they're so small and active they probably need to eat a lot :P

do want.

:D

Sounds like I'm a little late to the party since your already moving on to another tank but I have to say bravo on what you have done here.

I just recently got one of these tanks for a sps dominant tank and you have provided a lot of inspiration with this build. Some questions; Have you ever considered any types of covers for the tank to keep in jumpers? How does your filtration work and whats the WC dosing schedule like? I'll be waiting eagerly for any updates and news on the new tank (The dimms sound great BTW)

Sounds like I'm a little late to the party since your already moving on to another tank but I have to say bravo on what you have done here.

I just recently got one of these tanks for a sps dominant tank and you have provided a lot of inspiration with this build. Some questions; Have you ever considered any types of covers for the tank to keep in jumpers? How does your filtration work and whats the WC dosing schedule like? I'll be waiting eagerly for any updates and news on the new tank (The dimms sound great BTW)

Thanks SDartifex! I run a mesh screen top but take it off when I take my FTS. My filtration is a combination of filter sock, skimmer, chaeto, mangroves, live rock, and a TLF reactor with ROX carbon. I've been running my skimmer 4 hours on, 4 hours off recently though because I've been worried I'm taking too many nutrients out of the tank. I do a 2-4 gallon water change about every week and half, I'm pretty bad about following a strict schedule but never go longer than two weeks without a water change.

I need to email Miracles to see how the production is coming along on the new tank though and I'll be sure to post updates. Thanks for following along and good luck with your new tank! Be sure to post up lots of pictures :happy:

New October FTS!

8092088227_beb745cd0a_c.jpg

I also dipped ALL my SPS today in another Bayer treatment. Didn't skip any this time with the exception of my montipora spongodes because I'm pretty confident red bugs don't live on that. Also since my tank was basically empty, I leveled out the sand dunes and took some time to rearrange some of my SPS when I put them back in. I pray this is the last time I have to treat for red bugs!

Archived