Pod Your Reef

Jeff's U.P. LED BioCube 29G --> Out of Hobby Sale

msujeff

Small update:

Everything is going well. The Hi-Fin is still pretty shy but is doing a little better. His partner in crime is already starting to branch out their tunnel network. The cleaner is fun to watch especially when it goes nuts when food hits the water. This guy is definitely is not going to starve, always quick to grab as many pellets as it can hold on to at once.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good.

Thanks!

What are you feeding and how often?

Small feeding once a day alternating between Ocean Nutrition Formula One Pellets and Flakes and frozen mysis shrimp. I have some freeze dried Cyclop-eeze but I have not tried it yet.

Gr8_Outdoorsman

I enjoyed reading your thread here.... How are you liking your filter arrangement? I'm going to give the AquaticLife skimmer and inTank's BC29 a try....

I dont know if you ever got an answer to what lights to go with in nanotuners upgrade, but I have the lights and I went with 2 whites and 3 blues and love it. Check out my thread if you want to see color and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Nice tank.

I enjoyed reading your thread here.... How are you liking your filter arrangement? I'm going to give the AquaticLife skimmer and inTank's BC29 a try....

Seems like it is doing its job. I had to ziptie the chemi-pure elite to the second shelf to make sure the water could go through all the media rather then spilling over the top. People say good things about the 115 and for $50 its worth a try.

I dont know if you ever got an answer to what lights to go with in nanotuners upgrade, but I have the lights and I went with 2 whites and 3 blues and love it. Check out my thread if you want to see color and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Nice tank.

Thanks for the compliments and I can't wait for the lights to arrive.

Seems like it is doing its job. I had to ziptie the chemi-pure elite to the second shelf to make sure the water could go through all the media rather then spilling over the top. People say good things about the 115 and for $50 its worth a try.

Thanks for the compliments and I can't wait for the lights to arrive.

You've got to let us know how the lights work out. I'm really interested in trying out a similar kit for my 14 G Biocube.

I really like your rock arrangement. That looks sharp.

You've got to let us know how the lights work out. I'm really interested in trying out a similar kit for my 14 G Biocube.

I really like your rock arrangement. That looks sharp.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm going to do a write up of the kit with a bunch of pictures.

On my way back to my apt, I swung by Pruess Pets in Lansing and picked up a pair of Amphiprion ocellaris, one B&W and one regular. They are swimming around the tank together (they did not come paired) and have already snacked on some pellets. The B&W is about 1.25 inches and the orange one is about .75 inches.

I also picked up three frags: frogspawn, candy cane, and a zoa colony. All should do fine with the stock lights before I upgrade to the 5.6 LEDs.

Pictures will be posted tomorrow. :happy:

Nice tank. I've kept meaning to stop by Pruess...

My parents live in Ludington and I always think about stopping there on the way home. Maybe in February !

Nice tank. I've kept meaning to stop by Pruess...

My parents live in Ludington and I always think about stopping there on the way home. Maybe in February !

It's a great store! I try to stop by there every time I'm visiting my family.

On my way back to my apt, I swung by Pruess Pets in Lansing and picked up a pair of Amphiprion ocellaris, one B&W and one regular. They are swimming around the tank together (they did not come paired) and have already snacked on some pellets. The B&W is about 1.25 inches and the orange one is about .75 inches.

I also picked up three frags: frogspawn, candy cane, and a zoa colony. All should do fine with the stock lights before I upgrade to the 5.6 LEDs.

Pictures will be posted tomorrow. :happy:

Looking forward to seeing these!

Some pictures of the new additions

100_5031.jpg

Group Picture

100_5040.jpg

Clowns

photo4.jpg

Hi-Fin Goby

100_5045.jpg

Front to Back: Candy Cane, Zoas (still trying to id), and Frogspawn, all for $50

100_5047.jpg

Candy Cane

100_5048.jpg

Actinic Shot turns out very blue

:D

what are you going to use that little tank in your stand for?

It's my ATO reservoir. I was going to use a MJ1200 for the ATO pump but then changed to an aqua lifter. I may switch the container to something else.

Read the whole thread and I will have to add this to my favorites which I often read

Great work I must say! I have decided on getting a BC29, now they only thing left to do is wait until I move next month and order it from PETCO.

My equipment is similar to yours except for a few things.

• Tunze DOC 9002 Nano Protein Skimmer (recommendations for an online store w/free shipping to all 50 states??)
  • inTank Standard Upgraded Cup Tunze 9002
  • inTank Biocube 29 Media Basket
  • inTank VALUE PACK - POLY FILTER FLOSS
  • inTank Chemi-Pure Elite 11.74 oz Bag (x3 quantity)
  • inTank Purigen 100mL in Bag (x3 quantity)

Does the chemi pure come with the bag to put the carbon in?

I don't know how an ATO works (other than it tops off the water of course lol) and not sure how I would put it on the BC29?

I was also thinking of buying the BC29 UV Clarifier but I don't know if I will have room in any of the three chambers for it.

Stock Lighting and Stock pump.

The plan for the tank is a lagoon type setting so I don't need intense lighting because most coral is illegal here anyway lol

Livestock is going to be 2-4 Seahorses & CUC

Corals maybe some Button Polyps, I don't know if they will be fine with the stock flow/lights?

Does the chemi pure come with the bag to put the carbon in?

Chemi-pure Elite comes is already bagged. It's in a plastic container since it's moist.

I don't know how an ATO works (other than it tops off the water of course lol) and not sure how I would put it on the BC29?

I have the JBJ ATO, pretty much there's a sensor that activates a pump when the water level in the tank gets too low. I have the sensor in chamber three. Since the salt doesn't evaporate you just put in fresh water to counter the evaporation.

I was also thinking of buying the BC29 UV Clarifier but I don't know if I will have room in any of the three chambers for it.

No clue. I haven't heard of anyone using one in a BC so I can't help ya there.If it's anything like the quality of their skimmer then defiantly no go

Stock Lighting and Stock pump.

The plan for the tank is a lagoon type setting so I don't need intense lighting because most coral is illegal here anyway lol

I guess that would be a fair trade off for living in Hawaii.... B)

Livestock is going to be 2-4 Seahorses & CUC

Sounds pretty neat

Corals maybe some Button Polyps, I don't know if they will be fine with the stock flow/lights?

Soft corals will do fine with the stock lights. I saw your post about the MP10 and I think that's a great choice, you can also use it in the future for a different tank/livestock

Which MP10 did you get? I see a couple of them. $220 and $265?

Thanks!

I got the MP10 ES (the $220 one but i got it for $200, black friday sale :happy: ) The $265 is the MP10w ES, the w is for wireless.

I got the MP10es (the $220 one but i got it for $200, black friday sale :happy: ) The $265 is the MP10esW,the W is for wireless.

Ok cool, thanks. I am thinking my two Nano 240's may not be producing enough flow. So, I was looking to the MP10.

Does it come pre-programmed or did you create your own?

Ok cool, thanks. I am thinking my two Nano 240's may not be producing enough flow. So, I was looking to the MP10.

Does it come pre-programmed or did you create your own?

It's pre-programmed, all you do it choose the mode and the percentage of flow. There's a ton of features, most I have not tried. Here are the links to the manuals

MP10 Quick Start

MP10 Full Manual

Archived