Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jeff's U.P. LED BioCube 29G --> Out of Hobby Sale

msujeff

Not much to update. I started doing BRS two part today so hopefully everything goes well. I also placed an order from inTank today for some purigen, chemi-pure elite, floss, and some other random things.

I plan on placing an order with reefgardener.net next week. Should be a good size order. :)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received my order from inTank today consisting of more purigen, chemi-pure elite, one HUGE thing of super glue, putty and some other random things. Coral order will hopefully come next week. Currently swamped with finals for grad school this week.

I was crimping the last connector from my ALC and interface kit from NC and I snapped it in half so I have to run to the hardware store so I can finally set up the auto dimming.

• 1 month later...

Hello out there! It's been a while since my last post so here's a small update on what's going on with the tank.

I just got back from a month long work trip to Georgia and had to leave the tank all by its lonesome (absolutely no one checked on it!). I hooked up a 5 gallon bucket to my ATO and bought an automatic fish feeder, stocked it full of pellets and hoped for the best. While the tank wasn't in the best shape when I got back, everyone survived and they are looking healthy. Another week and I probably would have ran out of water for my top off so I cut it pretty close.

I'm doing extra water changes, 2-3 a week, to try to take care of outbreak of cyano on my substrate and once I get that taken care of I will finally place an order for some corals (yes i know, the ones I have been talking about for months and months...).

Not sure if anyone is still keeping track of this thread but I just wanted to say the tank is still going strong!

no new corals?

Lame I know -_-

Still following along. Now let's see some coral :D

Thanks and hopefully I can get some new ones soon.

Hello out there! It's been a while since my last post so here's a small update on what's going on with the tank.

I just got back from a month long work trip to Georgia and had to leave the tank all by its lonesome (absolutely no one checked on it!). I hooked up a 5 gallon bucket to my ATO and bought an automatic fish feeder, stocked it full of pellets and hoped for the best. While the tank wasn't in the best shape when I got back, everyone survived and they are looking healthy. Another week and I probably would have ran out of water for my top off so I cut it pretty close.

I'm doing extra water changes, 2-3 a week, to try to take care of outbreak of cyano on my substrate and once I get that taken care of I will finally place an order for some corals (yes i know, the ones I have been talking about for months and months...).

Not sure if anyone is still keeping track of this thread but I just wanted to say the tank is still going strong!

Glad everything survived!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well things have been pretty busy around here and the tank has taken a back seat to other more pressing events.

I am looking to sell the livestock and then I will breaking down the tank. If there is anyone in Michigan that would be interesting in a pair of clowns and a hi fin/randalli pair, let me know. I live in the soo but travel downstate quite a big so we could make an arrangements.

Order of selling things:

1. clowns (need to go first since catching the goby/pistol will be tough)

2a. hi fin goby and randalli shrimp pair

2b. cleaner shrimp

3. live rock and live sand if any one is interested

4. rest of the equipement, I will be selling the biocube with the nanocustoms 5.6 LED upgrade

Those who buy or help me sell the livestock will have preference when I sell the equipment. The prices will be competitive. :)

• 3 months later...

Do you have any of the equipment left?

Well things have been pretty busy around here and the tank has taken a back seat to other more pressing events.

I am looking to sell the livestock and then I will breaking down the tank. If there is anyone in Michigan that would be interesting in a pair of clowns and a hi fin/randalli pair, let me know. I live in the soo but travel downstate quite a big so we could make an arrangements.

Order of selling things:

1. clowns (need to go first since catching the goby/pistol will be tough)

2a. hi fin goby and randalli shrimp pair

2b. cleaner shrimp

3. live rock and live sand if any one is interested

4. rest of the equipement, I will be selling the biocube with the nanocustoms 5.6 LED upgrade

Those who buy or help me sell the livestock will have preference when I sell the equipment. The prices will be competitive. :)

Do you have any of the equipment left?

Just took down the tank a few days ago, I have to clean everything and then I will be putting everything up for sale.

Stay tuned.

• 5 months later...

Well it's been quite a while since I took the tank down and I have finally got around to putting everything up for sale. Darn masters consumed too much of my time.

Thanks everyone for all the help, ideas, and inspiration. Hopefully in the future I will return to the hobby. It was a lot of fun.

All equipement will be up for sale later tonight! I'll post the thread here when it's up.

Getting out of Hobby Sale located here --> http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/317561-fs-getting-out-of-hobby-sale-nanocustoms-led-mp10-rkl-intank-and-more/

Time has finally come to part with hobby for the time being. Most if not all items were in use for about 18 months. Everything is in excellent working condition and clean.

All transaction will be done using PayPal. Buyer pays for shipping (USPS, UPS, or FedEx). If you are in Michigan, we can arrange for local pickup. I live in 49783 but I frequent the Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Detroit area once a month or so.

Thanks for looking and please don't hesitate to ask any questions. Special consideration will be made to offers that include multiple items. Extra photos can be found in my Tank thread at http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/254050-jeffs-up-led-biocube-29g-out-of-hobby-sale/

This list will not be updated, please refer to the thread in the hardware classifieds section

NanoCustoms 5.6 LED Retro Kit (2b, 2w, 1 50/50): $350

Vortech MP10: $180

Tunze 9002 Skimmer: $100

Reef Keeper Lite: $90

PC4: $75

ALC with 2 Blue Lunar Pods: $60

InTank BioCube 29g Media Basket: $35

InTank Tunze Skimmer Cup: $20

InTank Fish Saver: $10

Eheim Jager 150w Heater: $15

Eheim Jager 100w Heater: $15

R2 Moonlight (brand new): $20

JBJ ATO (includes only one sensor): $40

Eheim Fish Feeder: $20

Maxi-Jet 1200: $13

Rio 6HF: $15

Coral Rx (used only once): $10

Purigen (new): $5

Chemi-Pure Elite 11.74oz (new): $8

Aqua Lifter: $8

API Saltwater Master Test Kit (roughly 60% left): $10

Salifert Test Kits (Roughly 60% left)

-Nitrate exp 10/12: Free

-Calcium exp 7/15: $10

-Carbonate Hardness/Alkalinity exp 7/15: $7

-Magnesium exp 6/13: $10

-Flatworm Exit exp 10/13 (Never Used): $10

BioCube Parts (Make offer, I have no idea how to set the price on these)

-Moonlights and power adapter

-2 Ballasts

-Filter

Future Items for sale (Contact me about local pickup or meet up in Michigan)

-BioCube 29g Tank Only

-BioCube 29g Stand

-BRS RO/DI 5 Stage Plus

-BRS Two Part Ca & Alk

Thanks. I wish I was able to spend a little bit more time on it. Education and work were pretty consuming. Also the lack of a LFS (closest one is in Lansing, 4 hours away) made things pretty difficult.

Archived