Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jeff's U.P. LED BioCube 29G --> Out of Hobby Sale

msujeff

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks expensive :)

Quickly realizing the costs associated with this hobby :) but its alright

Awesome shipment. Nothing like doing it right the first time. B)

That's the plan, lights will comes down the road

I'm jealous! :)

Thanks!

very nice Jeff. mp10 is on my wish list, hopefully after christmas.

no fuge basket? must be getting the 9002 right off the bat, nice!

After reading people's experiences with the fuge in a BC, it seems like more work then they're worth. I will be adding the 9002, I may see what the LFS has in stock today when I pick up some live rock and sand.

Tank should be up and going mon or tues. :D

Picked up 5 lbs of live rock, a lb of live sand and the Tunze 9002 at Preuss Pets in Lansing, MI today. If anyone in Michigan is on here, this store is a must see!

Picked up 5 lbs of live rock, a lb of live sand and the Tunze 9002 at Preuss Pets in Lansing, MI today. If anyone in Michigan is on here, this store is a must see!

Totally agree. I know Rick and Steve personally and they are just great people. Virtually all the corals in the store are aquacultured. They quarantine all fishes before they make it out to the sales area.They actually maintain a log on each fish. I'm from the Detroit area originally and never saw anything close to this place.I'm there every week or two to feed my addiction ;) Definitely worth the trip if you are anywhere near the place.

What is the best way to connect the rio 6hf to the output nozzle in the BC?

The stock line is 1/2 inch but it does not fit on the rio. Do I need to step it down going from the pump to the output nozzle?

What is the best way to connect the rio 6hf to the output nozzle in the BC?

The stock line is 1/2 inch but it does not fit on the rio. Do I need to step it down going from the pump to the output nozzle?

The 6hf comes with "extras" to connect to the stock tube. No reason for downgrade or modding. It will fit trust me.

The mp10 mount on the left side. Just a suggestion. Because I had a crazy time trying to find the best placement for it. The manual sucks use their online manual.

The mp10 was the best investment. Just one pump. You'll love it.

Lets see some pictures.

I'll look through the fitting again to see if i can find one that fits. The only one that I saw was the one where you can adjust the flow through the fitting. Is this the one?

My mp10 is on the right side, very easy to set up and hopefully it was a good investment.

Pics will be up tomorrow!

Pics are a little cloudy, rearranged the scape before snapping the pics.

100_4990.jpg

12/7/10

100_4998.jpg

Front

100_4988.jpg

Left Side

100_4989.jpg

Right Side

100_4995.jpg

Back of tank (water is not as high as it appears)

100_4993.jpg

Cord Chaos

Looks like you're off to a great start. If your pump is on in the 2nd to last picture, you should take some water out so that the water spills into your media rack from chamber 1. The water level in chambers 2 and 3 should be around the bottom of your filter floss in the media rack.

Looks like you're off to a great start. If your pump is on in the 2nd to last picture, you should take some water out so that the water spills into your media rack from chamber 1. The water level in chambers 2 and 3 should be around the bottom of your filter floss in the media rack.

Yeah I thought I put a little too much water in. Thanks

With 5 lbs of live rock and 1 lb of live stand (i have 15-20 lbs of dry rock and 20 lbs of new dry sand), is there anything I can do to help the cycle? I put in a few pellets of food today and I am going to test the parameters tomorrow. More food? raw shrimp? just keep testing every few days?

Thanks for you help

I tried the Rio 6HF and it was way too loud. <_< I took it apart and tried to clean up any of the plastic that was over molded and it didn't change anything. So I put the Maxi-Jet 1200 in that I was going to use for the JBJ ATO. Now its either the stock pump or the Rio for the ATO.

I had the same problem. I use the maxi for the return.

You may want to use an aqualifter for your top off. I feel like the rio or the stock pump will place way too much water in when activated.

I tried the Rio 6HF and it was way too loud. <_< I took it apart and tried to clean up any of the plastic that was over molded and it didn't change anything. So I put the Maxi-Jet 1200 in that I was going to use for the JBJ ATO. Now its either the stock pump or the Rio for the ATO.

Super jealous of that MP10. Getting for xmas the SL2 from Digital Aquatics, ph probe and a float switch.

MP10 soon enough...

I had the same problem. I use the maxi for the return.

You may want to use an aqualifter for your top off. I feel like the rio or the stock pump will place way too much water in when activated.

Super jealous of that MP10. Getting for xmas the SL2 from Digital Aquatics, ph probe and a float switch.

MP10 soon enough...

I'll test the rio or stock pump under a close eye to see how it goes. Some use the 1200 for the ato pump so I think the rio or stock pump should work fine. The rio also has a valve where I can turn down the flow rate. I am going to add the ato when I put in the 9002. I only was to set up the ato once and not have to adjust it every time I add something to change the water level.

The mp10 is amazing. I cannot wait to see it in action with some livestock.

The tank has been up for 10 days and the cycle is slowly coming along. Starting to get a little bit of brownish algae on the sand and rocks. The parameters are very low, with ammonia showing a little above 0, nitrite and nitrate showing 0 and ph at 8.0

100_4999.jpg

12/9/10

• 2 weeks later...

Small update:

Hair algae has slowed the past few days. I'm starting to see more life on the live rock. I'm currently adjusting the scape and use some epoxy to glue some pieces together. The reef cleaners caribbean dry rock stacks pretty well but its not as solid as I would like. I did my first wc and to my surprise, it went well. A cuc order through reefcleaners will be made on Monday. :happy:

I am currently shopping around for a ro/di. Distilled from walmart is not going to cut it, pita. I'm looking to spend around $150-175 or so.

After spending a few hours at my not so local lfs (5 hrs away) while visiting my family and loving all the colors of the lps and sps, I may be pulling the trigger on the nanocustoms 5.6 led retro kit buuuut spending that much on lights right now may be a hard to part with. I planned on upgrading the lights in the future but I'm thinking about doing it now to get the full benefits of the lights from the beginning.

I'm thinking of doing three whites and two blues for the 5.6 kit and then adding a R2 moon light.

With the led kit, what are the advantages of going with a variable power adapter opposed to the straight 12v adapter?

Placed two orders today!

Order #1: CUC through reefcleaners. I still would like to get a couple of emerald crabs and some blue leg hermits but shipping to my area is crazy. The closest LFS is about two hours away but I've never been there so I do not know what they have.

Order #2: 75 GPD 5 Stage Plus RO/DI and an Aqua Lifter from Bulk Reef Supply.

Researching the nanotuners 5.6 leds, deciding on which of the led combos to go with:

3 whites and 2 blues

OR

2 whites, 1 white/blue, and 2 blues

Any suggestions?

Now time for some pictures!

100_5011.jpg

FTS 12/26/10

100_5009.jpg

Left Side

100_5010.jpg

Right Side

100_5004.jpg