Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Wilioli's 20L Sanctum

Wilioli

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea im reading about ato's and the aqualifter (as dave said ) is for 30inches of travel... Here's the thing.. my tank isn't on a stand persay.. its on a big study desk.. thougth it would look good put on the back of this desk instead of a desktop computer or what not -- anyways, there's no stand or extra area where the reservoir could be put up higher -- unless i bought something... anyways, the aquafilter is rated at 3.5gallons per HOUR... --- so is it safe to say that if the maxijet 1200 is 229gpd , then roughly 19 gallons per HOUR.. .then should be fine for more than 30inches of travel? or is there another factor involved with going against gravity with flow of water?

mj1200's are rated at 295 gph.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Thank you d9hp, those anchors are excellent. Thank you youtube dude that showed me how to screw in a screw. The lights are up. And .. dave, u were right -- there's somethin bout MH... the pictures don't do it justice at all.. I'm gonna try and head over to my dad's later and borrow his camera... The bulb is a 12500k bulb, that starts with "p", lol, will find out exactly what it is called Fauna Marin... barely a shred of blue to it, its perfect... the pics make it seem A LOT MORE blue than it is... The clowns freaked and hid under the rocks.. And I put in the AC110 with the chaeto in there... water level dropped a lot -- that thing took up a lot of water....

lightfixture.jpg

and the fts

day29.jpg

And the crowd goes wild.......

Congrats. Looks great.

thank you! now im goin thru ur method with 4 pieces of mesh over top of each other to acclimate the frogspawn and later the zoas

thanks dude -- yea i can finally get corals without wondering if the lights enuff or not! But the lights did set me back some.. soo... no rush on the corals i guess.. lol gonna rely on the local reefers here givin up their shrooms for cheap because of hostile takeover

hmmm, I should shoot you some of my button mushrooms :3

lol im too much of a newbie to understand if thats a real coral or if we`re talkin button mushrooms from zehrs or somethin.. lol

Fragged the zoas that I had in the 10g -- hope it worked... followed the instructions from zoa.com -- or an address similar to that... Im pretty sure that I got the gorilla nipples (what was left) and the other mystery zoa -- couple heads a piece.. and threw away the rock that they came on which probably had nudi babies all over it, and BUBBLE ALGAE!!

10g is officially done.. I was going to use the maxi from that tank in the 20l and increase the flow -- but the AC110 really increased it good..!

Anyone know much about chemi pure elite? I know its carbon and a phosphate remover dual action product -- but what I want to know is how long can you leave it in the filter? There are varying opinions on the forum from 1month - 5 months.. what do you guys do with ur chemi pure?

in my 5g i would replace my 1/2 unit of elite every 3 months. instructions say every 6 months.

my 20l currently has 1 full unit of regular plain old chemipure. Sometime next week i will be replacing it with a full unit of elite & replace it every 3 months aswell. HOWEVER, in addition to the chemipure i also run a tablespoon or so of kent reef carbon & seachems phosguard which i replace every 7-10 days (or 2 water changes)

I'd start out with a 6 month soak & adjust as needed to your tank

wow... now when u say u run 1tblspoon of that -- where? you have the pantyhose sak of chemipure right? what stores the tablespoon quantity??

why run carbon when u have chemipure?

Say WIll -

I gotta suggestion fer ya that will save ya plenty.

Get some of this and this and a couple of these..

Make your own Chemipure Elite, pretty much, for a fraction of the long term cost.

Put some filter floss before and after. Just rinse the bag VERY well before first use and rinse it well at each WC.

Change the floss as needed.

Happy Holiday's -

Archived