ReefCleaners.org

Wilioli's 20L Sanctum

Wilioli

haha that is probably the best reason i've heard for setting up a sump :haha:

lol, really I want a chamber.. not a sump.. a dungeon actually!

Update: underestimated the power of evaporation for a tank with no lid (im used to the 10g with a canopy) -- this morning the salinity was 1.028 from my 1.025-1.026 level... !!!! Added some water, and we're back to business.. If I had any other fish I'm sure they'd be toast by now.. hmm...

The clowns love this new tank -- they made a new home from the rocks on the left -- but in the back of the tank.. woulda been nice if they took up the spaces i strategically formed, facing the front of the tank -- but... meh... it is what it is .. -- There seems to be one dead spot in the tank.. front right.. Because I saw a bunch of leftover fish food that the crabs rolled up into a ball and were in a circle feasting on some sloppy .... leftovers.. ahem.. anyways -- might create a mesh cage and banish critters there... not sure yet. I'm going to start making plans for cages/dungeons on sketchup now...

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why do you want to banish things now? I shouldnt be talking, I put my peppermint shrimp into my AC110...

because people like you banish things... annnd my hermits were all up on the zoas, all up on any snail that comes in the tank -- and have basically made me feel like its their tank... lol So basically for an ego boost..?

got some chaeto! but its in the 10g with the corals.. figure i'll put em in here once i get the new lights.. IF I GET THEM.. starting to get very impatient.. but what can I do.. hmm.. -- still debating on whether or nto i should put it wrapped around (the chaeto) something and leave it behind the rockwork so people can't see, or leave it out.. I love it out in the open doin its thing.. wifey seems to think it looks like barf and ruins the look... meh.

my stupidity -- i bought an ac50 not realizing what I could do with a 70 or 110... soo... blah. And if i was to buy another one id look into the 110 i think, my heater is a 100w heater, and i dont think it'll fit in the 70...?

whaaa? no way! what brand? do you have pics of it on ur thread? i know i could just go check, but id rather ask first.. lol... soo lazy.. I think u've just convinced me to get a bigger filter.... another question for you and everyone else who does that... does it really warm the water properly to have the heater in the filter with such a low quantity of water thats constantly going through the filter?

ROCK TANK!!

Day9.jpg

Nice pic. I just ordered 10 pounds of dry rock from eco reefer in kitchener. 60 dollars for 10 pounds of rock 10 pounds of sand and shipping included. So I am vibrating with anticipation!

I would put the chaeto in the refugium. it can grow painfullty fast. IF you have one. No light eh? bet that is making you twitch. I got my 25 out of sight so I don't twitch while looking at it empty.

Nice pic. I just ordered 10 pounds of dry rock from eco reefer in kitchener. 60 dollars for 10 pounds of rock 10 pounds of sand and shipping included. So I am vibrating with anticipation!

I would put the chaeto in the refugium. it can grow painfullty fast. IF you have one. No light eh? bet that is making you twitch. I got my 25 out of sight so I don't twitch while looking at it empty.

lol yea ive been waiting a good 3 weeks for the lights... keeps getting delayed from the other end (quebec) -- im gonna chceck out ece reefer.. never heard of it..

they are kinda expensive.

$165 for 50 lbs shipped?

reefcleaners has 50 lbs for $75 shipped.

but alas im one of those silly americans, so dont pay me to much attention

I was just going to say that -- real expensive... i got my florida rock for 50 bucks for 50lbs.. split it with a buddy... but, from teh states... SILLY AMERICANS.. lol

i thought the site was more stuff than just rock -- do you know of any canadian sites for equipment and dry goods, as well as live stock? im looking for lights actually... besides jlaquatics and bigals...lol

SILLY AMERICANS.. lol

I know a canadian & thats what she calls me. She lives in Acme.

im looking for lights actually... besides jlaquatics and bigals...lol

go LED or go home

go LED or go home

so you gonna hook me up with LEDs then?

I did buy from MOPS today. that is a canadian company.

http://www.aquariumsupplies.ca/

Also, a canadian forum.... they have a fish section and most of us are salties. http://gtaaquaria.com/forum/index.php we call the GTAA (greater toronto area Aquaria. there's all sorts of links ot places there for canadian reefers.

ill check em out, thanks

does it really warm the water properly to have the heater in the filter with such a low quantity of water thats constantly going through the filter?

sorry for the late reply to this, must have missed it.

im not sure of what brand, the whole heater does not submerge. Only the part that matters. Meaning on every heater there is a certain amount of heater that must be in water to work properly & mine fits with about 1/4" to spare. Be mindfull that i can no longer put the lid on my filter, it doesnt bother me because i have cheato in there & have the light hanging off it.

here is a pic that looks very close to what i have going for myself.

2219252769_b328874d5d.jpg?v=0

it's not exactly what i have going for me BUT, my heater is on the left side along with a peice of pantyhose filled with carbon & phosguard & poly fill for mechanic filtration. in the main chamber on the bottom i have a full unit of chemipure & the equivalent of a softball sized chuck of cheato. My light is hanging off the back.

I can take pictures tonight for you.

Here's a new FTS from today

day24.jpg

A lil upset still that I have no lights.. its already day 24 for this tank, and it looks no different from day 2 -- except for the diatom 'breeding'. I'm growing diatom and selling it for a great price... so... let me know..

sorry for the late reply to this, must have missed it.

im not sure of what brand, the whole heater does not submerge. Only the part that matters. Meaning on every heater there is a certain amount of heater that must be in water to work properly & mine fits with about 1/4" to spare. Be mindfull that i can no longer put the lid on my filter, it doesnt bother me because i have cheato in there & have the light hanging off it.

here is a pic that looks very close to what i have going for myself.

2219252769_b328874d5d.jpg?v=0

it's not exactly what i have going for me BUT, my heater is on the left side along with a peice of pantyhose filled with carbon & phosguard & poly fill for mechanic filtration. in the main chamber on the bottom i have a full unit of chemipure & the equivalent of a softball sized chuck of cheato. My light is hanging off the back.

I can take pictures tonight for you.

hey really appreciate it -- i thought u didnt' want to answer cause I was askin too many questions. .hahahah, but its all good, thank you. . Thing is I think my heater is 12".. well it wont fit standing upright in the tank -- which is 12".. its the eheim heaters.. so it has a min submerge line... which still won't fit upright! I might have to do an angle thing.. but then the heater will definitely either have to be in the chamber with the chaeto like ur pic u posted.. I kinda wanted it separate? not that it matters I guess? I guess I gotta think about this... cause there's no point gettin an ac110 if the bulk of the space is gonna be for my heater.. I really don't care to hide the heater that much.. I'd rather start buying some chemi pure like everyone else, and get a nice home for the chaeto and pods..

Here's a new FTS from today

day24.jpg

A lil upset still that I have no lights.. its already day 24 for this tank, and it looks no different from day 2 -- except for the diatom 'breeding'. I'm growing diatom and selling it for a great price... so... let me know..

hey really appreciate it -- i thought u didnt' want to answer cause I was askin too many questions. .hahahah, but its all good, thank you. . Thing is I think my heater is 12".. well it wont fit standing upright in the tank -- which is 12".. its the eheim heaters.. so it has a min submerge line... which still won't fit upright! I might have to do an angle thing.. but then the heater will definitely either have to be in the chamber with the chaeto like ur pic u posted.. I kinda wanted it separate? not that it matters I guess? I guess I gotta think about this... cause there's no point gettin an ac110 if the bulk of the space is gonna be for my heater.. I really don't care to hide the heater that much.. I'd rather start buying some chemi pure like everyone else, and get a nice home for the chaeto and pods..

That sort of setup is what I am doing too. I have an AC110 on my 10 gallon and heat is not an issue. Flow is not an issue other than I need tune it down a bit... REALLY Good flow on the larger one. Going ot be building a smaller one, again with the heater in it. but also with a slot to put a filter cartridge and place for macro (not likely sand this time)

Thing is I think my heater is 12

thats what she said :lol:

So now to be serious. that heater is HUGE. Even if it's 10" thats still huge. Go get a betterer, smaller heater & stuff it in your filter.

but believe me, a ac110 will have enough room for 5 bags of chemipure. it's really big

thats what she said :lol:

it's really big

.............THATS WHAT SHE SAID!

yea ill look into a different heater.. they're really expensive tho -- the smaller bettererere ones.. lol

but yea, either way i think im gonna end up gettin this ac110

Archived