SaltCritters.com

Wilioli's 20L Sanctum

Wilioli

Say WIll -

I gotta suggestion fer ya that will save ya plenty.

Get some of this and this and a couple of these..

Make your own Chemipure Elite, pretty much, for a fraction of the long term cost.

Put some filter floss before and after. Just rinse the bag VERY well before first use and rinse it well at each WC.

Change the floss as needed.

Happy Holiday's -

sweet!! thats the ingredients for chemi pure elite! hahah, awesome, thanks a lot.. and happy holidays to you too...

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas!

Ammonia, nitrites 0. Nitrates 0!!! Was 5-10 about 3 days ago... after the addition of the chaeto its gone down! awesome... gonna delay that water change.. lol..

Frogspawn are doin well so far... zoas on the frag are also doin well...I had 4 pieces of mesh on top of each other for acclimation... rechecked the fixture.. thought it was 8inches above.. but its like 9.5inches above the tank.. lol.. so i took 2 pieces of mesh off.. i really don't think the 2 corals are suffering with the halide.. in fact i think they are loving it..one of the zoa heads are actually stretching up higher to get more light.. so yea... done deal..

frogsandzoa.jpg

frogs.jpg

boxing day sale here.. for the americans, this is the canadian version of black friday sales..

so i got 3 trochus snails and an orange spotted goby. Really wanted the yellow watchman, but the lfs had 3 of them each 2inches long.. wanted something smaller -- and the orange spotted was about an inch long..

orangespottedgoby.jpg

wow... now when u say u run 1tblspoon of that -- where? you have the pantyhose sak of chemipure right? what stores the tablespoon quantity??

why run carbon when u have chemipure?

i run it because i feel like it. it's in a knee high pantyhose thats knotted off

sweet!! thats the ingredients for chemi pure elite! hahah, awesome, thanks a lot.. and happy holidays to you too...

Well, not exactly. Elite has a couple other things as well. But the Rox .08 + GFO in a media bag of some sort running in the back of your AquaClear should work well fer ya. Personally, I would use two separate bags. One for the Rox and one for the GFO. the recommended amounts and replacement schedules are different for each.

Those, however, are starting points only. If you find you need a little more or less of each then it's easily adjusted.

The BRS Reef Calculator will give you starting amounts based upon tank volume.

Have fun -

Man the new light looks great Will. I love the black sand and those darker rocks. Really motivating me to setup another tank!

Thanks so much! yea i had white sand in my 10gallon.. saw pics of black sand and it seemed 'too black' - so i got the mix bag... i like it. The darker rocks I have not seen anywhere else-- haitian rock.. really cool formation and colors..

get that 75g started! lol

Well, not exactly. Elite has a couple other things as well. But the Rox .08 + GFO in a media bag of some sort running in the back of your AquaClear should work well fer ya. Personally, I would use two separate bags. One for the Rox and one for the GFO. the recommended amounts and replacement schedules are different for each.

Those, however, are starting points only. If you find you need a little more or less of each then it's easily adjusted.

The BRS Reef Calculator will give you starting amounts based upon tank volume.

Have fun -

you know what i was actually on that site using that calculator.. they recommend the carbon to be changed every 2 weeks.. and the quantity for my tank is 3 tablespoons, lol Is it safe to assume the more I use the longer it can stay in? it'd be nice to leave something in there for a couple months.. maybe even just a month! lloll

-----------------------------------

so all I have left to get is the 6 line... bringing my count to 4 fish -- a comfortable number.. gonna wait for the tank to mature a bit more...

Gonna get some chemipure elite/carbon/gfo, a mh bulb for standby, and eggcrate!

you know what i was actually on that site using that calculator.. they recommend the carbon to be changed every 2 weeks.. and the quantity for my tank is 3 tablespoons, lol Is it safe to assume the more I use the longer it can stay in? it'd be nice to leave something in there for a couple months.. maybe even just a month! lloll

I'll let you or some one else make the call on that one. I use the recommended amount and change the Rox every two weeks and the GFO once a month for now. As my tank ages, I might tweak the amounts ... too early to tell in my case. In my 40 I combined the carbon and GFO in one reactor using half the GFO and changed the entire thing out every two weeks. I got another reactor for Christmas, so now, I'm running one reactor for each.

I'll let you or some one else make the call on that one. I use the recommended amount and change the Rox every two weeks and the GFO once a month for now. As my tank ages, I might tweak the amounts ... too early to tell in my case. In my 40 I combined the carbon and GFO in one reactor using half the GFO and changed the entire thing out every two weeks. I got another reactor for Christmas, so now, I'm running one reactor for each.

reactors look cool. lol

thanks a lot -- again

Finally got the placement down for the frogspawn.. the ac110 brought in so much more flow than i expected. I still can't imagine people with even more flow than this. Anyways, the frogs are open and happy so thats that. Lets see now if the zoas grow. A lot of people see weekly growths, that'd be fantastic -- but no high hopes.

The goby has been hiding this whole time.. Sometimes I see it between the rock work -- other times I can't find it... Was getting worried -- I really thought he'd be roaming the sand building forts, etc.. lol I did hold down some food near its 'cave' and he jumped out and devoured the food. So at least he ate. I thought maybe he wasn't eating. Hope this is just him being shy in a new tank.

Did a 5 gallon water change. I get to use the old heater and powerhead to mix water and temp match it -- so I feel like a pro.. lol Levels were great before the change tho -- ammonia nitrites and nitrates 0. Well nitrates were less than 5 with the API test kit. I think I just changed the water out of habit. lol.

Hoping to get new zoa frags in a week, and possibly a white gsp/white tipped gsp.. wtv its called. I know a lot of people say this will grow and take over, but really I'd love that! Id love any growth!

day34.jpg

and it starts :3. my 2 gallon nano is almost ready to be started up. just made the tank stand. I keep eyeing the dark sand. I was thinking of mixing it in with white and go for the salt and pepper look.

I really like that new goby! looks awesome man. I really like your rock work, its interesting unlike some of the other 'scapes I've seen

thanks boss, mean's a lot -- the goby would be awesome if i could see it more often!

and it starts :3. my 2 gallon nano is almost ready to be started up. just made the tank stand. I keep eyeing the dark sand. I was thinking of mixing it in with white and go for the salt and pepper look.

i wanted to get pure black sand but it was only available in the 'pebble' format... if i would have found the fine sand in a black -- i woulda gone with it.. instead i got the mix -- 'coarse black mixed with fine white' sand.

there's a sort of salt and pepper looking mix at the local petsmart. Perhaps a petsmart near oyu has some? I think it was "live" sand. Pricy hence why I have currently passed on it. I might get it when I get closer to starting up my 25 gallon.

thats with the new MH? it looks nice. is it a bit more blue in real life? or is the camera doing a good job?

neither .. lol camera is doing a horrible job, and in real life u can't see blue... if u stare u might think u see a tint of blue.. otherwise its just like a really nice white bulb... tryin to mess around with this weirdo camera to get a better pic

Ahh sorry man. I know the feeling. I got tired of it after the second clown and bought a top. It's really not as bad as I thought, but if I'm going to be home for a while and the lights are on I take it off and place it behind the stand.

Archived