ReefCleaners.org

Wilioli's 20L Sanctum

Wilioli

I still say ... build a canopy. HA

lol, im not gonna say anything cause ur predictions always come true... lol

Build a canopy!

Side note: Went to the past few canes home games. Lost to the Panthers Monday night. Are you kidding?

Looks like Mojo's stars are playing consistent and smooth hockey. Hate to say it! I lived in San Jose for the first 3/4 of 2010 so I may be pulling against them. Maybe. :P

lol

i didn't wanna say anything bout that at all... I've givin up (again) on hockey... had to resort to watching the junior team! lol

And do any of u guys know how I can glue live rock to the aquarium wall? Superglue gel good enuff for that?

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And do any of u guys know how I can glue live rock to the aquarium wall? Superglue gel good enuff for that?

no, dont do it.

why?

because it's a bad idea.

Looks like Mojo's stars are playing consistent and smooth hockey. Hate to say it! I lived in San Jose for the first 3/4 of 2010 so I may be pulling against them. Maybe

We'll see where this winds up in late March...

Btw, Will...ya outta check out Vancouver...they are sitting at the top of the overall.

no, dont do it.

why?

because it's a bad idea.

you gotta give me more than just that.. lol, im here to learn!

We'll see where this winds up in late March...

Btw, Will...ya outta check out Vancouver...they are sitting at the top of the overall.

ahhhh... there's a whole east coast vs westcoast thing goin on up here.. lol...

Annnd an updated tank shot with all the frags.. now i just .. sit here.. and ... wait

day42.jpg

Nice front tank shot.

If you use the egg crate, the cut to size ratio so that it rests on the inside rim is:

17.3/4 wide x 44.1/2 long using the individual holes in the eggcrate. Then the only other allowances you have to make are for any HOB filters on the back of the tank.

you gotta give me more than just that.. lol, im here to learn!

rock is harder than glass & will cause scratching. Cant give you any other reason than that & i wouldnt do it.

Nice front tank shot.

If you use the egg crate, the cut to size ratio so that it rests on the inside rim is:

17.3/4 wide x 44.1/2 long using the individual holes in the eggcrate. Then the only other allowances you have to make are for any HOB filters on the back of the tank.

sweet thanks! thats gonna help a lot

rock is harder than glass & will cause scratching. Cant give you any other reason than that & i wouldnt do it.

perfect, gotcha -- i think im just gonna glue the frag tile instead... less rock less damage, MUCH easier to do..

Tank looks really good! I love that sand and your scape!

thank you!

How are the 2 425's doing? I was thinking about getting an mp10 but its hard to spend that much $ on a powerhead ><.

everyone kept tellin me to get an mp10 and said i would later regret it bla bla bla.. lol.. i don't regret it, but i do wish i had an mp10.. lol -- i do agree, its hard to spend that much dough on a powerhead... but then again im a newbie... so maybe im supposed to say things like that for now..

im not familiar with any other type of koralia powerheads -- with that said -- if i was to be able to have a 'do over' same style of budget and no mp10 -- id probably get 1 koralia 750, and 1 425... not sure if that'd be too much... but yea... im happy with my flow right now only becuase i upgraded my filter to an ac110.. so im getting an extra 500 gph on that...

I have an ole maxi from my 10g that i use now for mixing water -- was considering putting that in my 20 on the back wall, and have it pointing to the front.. but ill do that later when the tanks more mature i think.. hope that helped!

Ammonia and nitrates 0, ph approx. 8.1 -- I think its almost been 2 weeks since a water change.. Will probably do that in a couple of days... Tryin to take advantage of that luxury of not doin constant water changes with so little in my tank...

The pulsing xenia keeps shriveling up, then expanding like nothing happened over and over again.. Was going to move it-- thought maybe it didnt' like where it was.. but its trunk' is now 'sucking' on the live rock... I guess it made do! The snails and crabs go over there a lot as well.. so maybe its gettin abused..

The watermelon zoas are sprouting nicely... 4-5 new polyps.. the yellow ones grew one new polyp.. and the old ones i fragged seem to be growing its mat first... the gsp is going nicely, still my favourite -- and the frogspaw seem to be 'wider'.

And im getting A LOT of evap.. lol.. gonna wait a bit before i get the ATO.. right now on the budget is a new bulb -- lookin to get the radium 20k thru a local reefer that has an account with BRS. I won't have to pay shipping that way, so thats pretty good.

The clowns have been acting weird tho. They seem more.. .afraid. Always hiding, not swimming around the tank as much... Looking for cave-like area's in the tank where they can hide.. It's really weird... Yesterday's feeding was weirder.. as soon as the frozen cube food hit the water, they bolted into their corner and hid there... I waited a couple minutes and nothing.. So i switched the powerheads and filters back on -- which stirred up all the food -- and they just ate as the food was pushed in to their corners by the current... weird... They seem fine otherwise tho...

and I got a dremel on sale! lol, so i cut up the egg crate -- DIY EXTREME!!! lol lol I dedicate this to the same ppl from the ac110 mod... lol EXTREEEMEEE!!

eggcrate.jpg

Managed to ghetto rig a 'stand' in the back of the tank (made up off the box the ac110 came in lol) and now its holding up the light fixture which is attached to a piece of wood that was used for -- something, I have no idea what -- and the lights right on top of the filter for the chaeto. Im going to decrease the hours of light tho -- too much algae growth and the chaeto is growing a bit too fast -- gonna run out of space in the fuge in 2 weeks at this rate.

Very nice.. gotta love those dremel/rotary tools.. once you have one and you start using it, like me you end up wondering how the heck you managed without one.

Nice job on the eggcrate top.

I am surprised the clowns are acting that strange and afraid. Did your live rock come from an LFS or from one of your other tanks? If so, at night, take a flashlight to it and see if you can see any hitch hikers that shouldn't be there.

half the live rock (on the right) came from a tank transfer with the clowns.. so the clowns are 'used to it' -- the other half or so is base rock.. and about 3 lbs is 'new' live rock from the lfs.. but im going to check at nite.. ive never done that.. didn't think about it..

im still waitin on jbm's punchline.. lol

im at work cant cruise youtube, but a friend of a friends brother put up a youtube video of him coaxing a mantis out of it's hiding spot. Needless to say the video was only 16 or 17 seconds long & resulted in him screaming like a little ##### & dropping the camera on the floor.

i still LOL when i watch the video. promise to link it later today when i get home

definetely need to see this. My brother bought some really awesome LR, actual LR not just cured bull#### and it came with two mantis, I think he has one left and he got the other one out. Its killed a bunch of hermits and snails

Archived