Coral Vue Hydros

Wilioli's 20L Sanctum

Wilioli

hahahahhaha

i agree with u on the purple tho -- i hate it.. do u have any other links to something like the image comparison chart u have there? cause from what im seeing, it looks like 25000k is purple, 10000k looks like a normal lightbulb, and 14000k looks like crips white with a hint of blue giving more of a shimmer...

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the solution is simple, which brand stock one are you getting?

btw shimmer happens with all the MH lights. what gives off more shimmer is the amount of water turbulence you have in your tank. the more, the faster the shimmer effect.

Ahhh.. I have no idea.. its not on their website.. i guess i could email them.. but i like to space out my emails instead of my thousands of emails a day.. lol.. dammit, i should find this out...ummmm... fishneedit brand? lol

Ahhh.. I have no idea.. its not on their website.. i guess i could email them.. but i like to space out my emails instead of my thousands of emails a day.. lol.. dammit, i should find this out...ummmm... fishneedit brand? lol

Id go with the 14k bulb, never have liked the looks of 10ks.. very ugly, and I havent seen a 10k thats "crisp white" 20ks are too blue for me 14ks seem to be perfect! We all have our own preferences though.

yes well according to the links i posted some 10k's (depending on company) could actually even have that blue tint to it!! But i see what u mean...

i found out what kind of bulbs they are.. .chinese made -- no brand name.. they're labelled for the consumer as to what 'k' it is -- but after that its got chinese writing on it apparently.

Phoenix ftw.

get er done

Ammonia 0, nitrites 0.3, nitrates 5

First time i've ever got nitrites (in my 1 month of experience lol) -- I was real happy! lol, dumped some water from my 10 gallon into this tank -- see what that does! I think I might add CUC soon.. .gonna see what the water readings are for the next couple o days...

CUCs are CUTE! I love mine. What are you wanting to add and lets see FTS

I'm waiting for a 'good day' to take the pic -- no lights yet, so ... yea... I already have 4 hermits that i'll transfer from the 10g.. and 1 trochus snail.. not very keen on the crabs, so i think ill stick to more snails..?

@sunstar -- put up a FTS on the main page..

update: Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 10, ph: 7.9ish --> hoping that'll go up more after some of that base rock is seeded? I heard that base rock can drop the pH...?

I assumed these levels after dumping some of the ole 10g water in here... but im gonna wait it out till nitrates go up a bit more, and everything else remains 0.. and then add clean up crew (thanks newman for implanting procedures into my brain.. lol) -- then I can add the clowns... corals will be last -- these lights are takin some time... to even be able to place an order.. :S I guess in the mean time i can look into hoods -- screen diy hoods i mean, or eggcrate.. and some more screen for light acclimation

edit 11/28/10: ammonia & nitrites 0, nitrates 10, ph 7.7 :(

just made the transfer of my other piece of live rock (my fav one) -- first did a freshwater dip on it, then transferred it -- then drip acclimated the 2 clowns, 4 hermits and 1 snail and transferred those to this tank as well.

NEWMANOLOGY ... u were right.. this is too much rock. This is now a rock tank. WTV. I guess I can get 2 more fish, AND THATS IT.. As in one GBG or clown goby, and 1 firefish.. thats it. lol... argh....

this tank is looking good man. Good luck with those nudis or whatever's bothering your zoas.

thanks dude, appreciate that a lot -- but the tank looks... weird now with the addition of more liverock.. ill put up a pic later, u'll see it... I just need some lights and better growth to balance it out

lol you made it out to be more packed than it is you should see my fuge! that is packed! this is looking good.

you got a pic of ur fuge?

you got a pic of ur fuge?

look up my master build thread. I'll take one today if you want. Its not pretty. at all. I banish all my bryopsis there but now i've got mag and I can kill, kill, kill!

look up my master build thread. I'll take one today if you want. Its not pretty. at all. I banish all my bryopsis there but now i've got mag and I can kill, kill, kill!

right right -- i remember that.. checked it out again -- i thought u meant for the 46 -- take pics of the killing spree.. lol

thats not alot of rock, i have more in my 20g

nah i meant how it takes up so much space! I think we have the same weight in rocks..? I've got almost 40lbs? But like 4 big pieces, and a few small ones... !

46 isnt up yet. I still need to drill it and am waiting for the bulkheads to get here. killing spree won't be as epic as it sounds, it'll just be me adding lots of mag and it yellowing and dieing away.

Mark, add an emerald crab to your fuge with all that bryopsis. he'll eat it :) and shouldnt die of the mag.

Wil that 20Gl looks fine and interesting. not a rock tank. good for reef.

thanks -- hoping that the short lived experience from the 10g is gonna help me out here... and after looking more into sumps/etc.. I think im gonna reseal the 10g at some point in the future, and use that as a sump/refugium -- just so i can tell ppl that ive BANISHED the crabs

thanks -- hoping that the short lived experience from the 10g is gonna help me out here... and after looking more into sumps/etc.. I think im gonna reseal the 10g at some point in the future, and use that as a sump/refugium -- just so i can tell ppl that ive BANISHED the crabs

haha that is probably the best reason i've heard for setting up a sump :haha:

Archived