Coral Vue Hydros

jbm's 20 long

JBM

Species?

Clams rule.

My crocea is definitely one of my top 5 favorite things in the tank....except I have to dose like 15mL of 2-part daily because of his hungry ass.

T crocea, possibly a maxima.

funny, i never needed to dose anything. Maybe i might in the new tank

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to silence the remora, cut a piece of sponge or foam (like the type of foam used in Aqua Clear filters) to fit the open portion of the injection section of the skimmer. Cut it just enough so that it will slide in and stay in place while covering the whole open section at the top of the injection chamber. The foam will still allow the injection assembly to draw air while silencing the overall noise considerable. It's the best long term solution.

Cardboard is holding up well. Ill probably cut a piece of acrylic & jb weld it in.

Other than that. Bubbles have stopped & I'm pulling out a tinted green collection cup. YAY. time to let it skim a wee bit wetter.

how often do you need to change the collection cup? or should u be changing it? just doin some early research on it...

On this particular model skimmer. The collection cup is raised & lowered changing how much or how little you skim. The collection cup collects the skimmed materials. Yes it should be emptied often.

right.. so often means once a day? once a week? or is that all depending on type of tank? but lets say ur tank -- with the amount of stock, etc etc

finally wired up my moon lights & put them on a timer.

Normally they would be expensive, but a friend bought them for his car & hated the color (led strip light in blue) so i picked it up off him for $5. Went to the auto parts store & found out the kit is $35! HOLY BATMAN!

Also put the fuge light on a timer.

All i need now is an ato.

Cardboard is holding up well in the skimmer.

& in unrelated news; my favorite LFS bought out another LFS & now has 3 locations on long island. YAY

I know. Very happy. Never been to the selden store. Can't wait till the new one opens. There's also a new store on old country in westbury across from the cheesecake factory. Haven't been there yet.

I know. Very happy. Never been to the selden store. Can't wait till the new one opens. There's also a new store on old country in westbury across from the cheesecake factory. Haven't been there yet.

Didn't know about that one. Ill have to check it Monday.

my morning commute to work (when i work days :rant: ) normally takes me 30-40 minutes. This morning it took me 90 minutes. I cant complain tho, im very impressed that my road hugging slow slung car didnt get stuck, not even once. Being a mere 2.5" off the ground speed bumps are a pain in the ass.

Soon as i got in my work truck with a 6+ litter engine & 4 wheel drive. BAM stuck, had to have a tractor pull me out.... grrrr

Back at the farm:

Sorted out a few timer issues, thought i set all my timers to my liking & found out they didnt. SO i fixed them. Skimmer is doing it's thing & not putting bubbles into the display anymore B) . Starting to pull some murky green stuffs out. I'll let it fill up the cup before i adjust it more to get better skim.

Oh & i need more corals

Archived