Pod Your Reef

jbm's 20 long

JBM

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get oyster feast JBM. Really. It makes everything do something special.

going to a LFS today to pick up tigger pods & arctic pods. I've been pondering the thought of oyster feast also but not sure.

Im almost 100% positive my next & final fish purchase will be a mandarin.

just googled tigger pods -- i had no idea live pods came in a bottle? I always pictured a tank full of live pods and someone tryin to scoop em in a bag for you.. -- so is that all it takes for a mandarin then? Everyone goes on about having to 'breed pods' -- but just get those bottles right? The bottle I looked at said 2000-3000 pods -- how long is that gonna last a mandarin?

btw where are your harlequin shrimps?!

just googled tigger pods -- i had no idea live pods came in a bottle? I always pictured a tank full of live pods and someone tryin to scoop em in a bag for you.. -- so is that all it takes for a mandarin then? Everyone goes on about having to 'breed pods' -- but just get those bottles right? The bottle I looked at said 2000-3000 pods -- how long is that gonna last a mandarin?

btw where are your harlequin shrimps?!

idk how long the bottle will last, but i plan on training the thing on how to eat frozen food stuffs

i might get a harlequin, but i cant justify spending $30 a month to feed it. even on my salary, i just cant justify it.

yea its weird -- i've read they only eat starfish -- but im pretty sure you can 'train' then to eat other things too ? i dunno.. either way... its a bit too much 'bling' for me as well.. lol

yea its weird -- i've read they only eat starfish -- but im pretty sure you can 'train' then to eat other things too ? i dunno.. either way... its a bit too much 'bling' for me as well.. lol

I've never heard of them eatting anything other than stars.

I just bought a breeder box on ebay, starting to amass the stuff needed for the mandarin

I've never heard of them eatting anything other than stars.

I just bought a breeder box on ebay, starting to amass the stuff needed for the mandarin

im gonna follow this closely -- didn't realize a breeder box was necessary... or other 'stuff' lol

Took a video of me feeding the oyster and phyto feast...thought you might like to see it:

Im speach-less, thats all i can say. So just 4 drops of oyster feast in some tank water? then dump it in?

tank looks great BTW, makes me sad

im gonna follow this closely -- didn't realize a breeder box was necessary... or other 'stuff' lol

here is the link to the discussion i have been reading. A member claims to have "trained" over 30 mandarins with these methods. It seems simple enough & i hope it to work well

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=mandarin

readings update:

temp: 76.7

sg- 1.026

ammonia- 0ppm

nitrate- 0ppm

nitrites- 0ppm

ph- 8.0-8.1

ordered D-D H2Ocean salt & an api KH test kit. maybe down the road i will order a salfert calcium test kit. But for now, im good with the weekly w/c

Params look good

they've been fairly stable for the last 2 months. Altho i am starting so see a bit of GHA. Might have to suction that up next week in my w/c.

Due to Dustins recent & most excelent reviews of D-D H2Ocean salt. I've decided to try it out. Not that the tropic marin hasnt been good to me, i'd just like to try a 'better' salt

skimmer is still doing it's thing, im slowly starting to zero in on a happy medium of wettness to nastiness. I'd like nastier, gunky stuff. but what can i really expect from a skimmer thats rated for 20g?

in other news 2 heads of the candy canes i got from DHAUT are spliting 3 ways. This makes me very happy.

Cool beans on the candy cane. I use coralife salt. No problems at all. I get tea out pof my skimmer the 30gl has no skimmer the pump broke. Just picked up a gold frogspawn before from a mr member. Looks nice.

Cool beans on the candy cane. I use coralife salt. No problems at all. I get tea out pof my skimmer the 30gl has no skimmer the pump broke. Just picked up a gold frogspawn before from a mr member. Looks nice.

im still deciding on my next coral purchase. I love zoas, but I have 15 different zoas frag / colonies in the tank. maybe it's time for another funky LPS

Zoas are looking good man. That mp10 IS TINY..

yea, somebody hooked me up with some great zoas. :P

im kinda glad the mp10 is tiny. now i wish i either A) didnt have a skimmer. Or B) the skimmer pump was hidden.

I sure do hope that my new salt comes in the mail today. I want to see how well it works.

How is the leather? Open for ya now? Will the salt really make a difference with just one water change? Might have to wait a little longer to see a difference.

How is the leather? Open for ya now? Will the salt really make a difference with just one water change? Might have to wait a little longer to see a difference.

Over the course of time it should help out a great deal. Not right away. Leather should be doin fine. Haven't seen the tank with the lithe on in 3 days.

Breeder net for the future mandarin came in today. Its a simple 6" cube. Should be adequate for it to live in for the first week or so.

In the next week or two, ill start looking for a target or other mandarin.

almost bought a duncan frag today.

but i got a bad taste in my mouth from the convo between myself & the lfs worker. it went something like this

" can you bag up that duncan frag & the rainbow acans"

" duncans need a MH, what lighting do you have? "

"i have a 60w custom led fixture i built myself, i can keep anything"

" LED's cant support corals, sell that LED fixture & buy a 250w MH "

*shows employee picture of my reef*

"thats not led lighting thats MH"

* walks out of store *

Archived