Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

jbm's 20 long

JBM

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

........well..... she sure hasn't smiled liked that for me in awhile... lol -- let me know how u find that fish's personality... im still wanting to get 1/a pair... tank really looks a lot more colorful!

........well..... she sure hasn't smiled liked that for me in awhile... lol -- let me know how u find that fish's personality... im still wanting to get 1/a pair... tank really looks a lot more colorful!

i was thinking about a pair after i acclimated it. but i kinda want a wrasse or a mandarin. so im better off without the pair.

So far it's hiding. But i hope by tomorrow it will come out & play

Looks great!!!!!! The toadstool looks huge :D Cute Fish

It's open already? I will be at a party around the block on sunday I should check it out

^+1 where did that toadstool come from?! massive!!

It came from wimby's reef. Where she got it? Idk.

It is huge, I wanna frag it, but im not quite sure how. It dominates the right side of the tank. But it also provides shade for the macro & the candy canes which have some recovering to do

It came from wimby's reef. Where she got it? Idk.

It is huge, I wanna frag it, but im not quite sure how. It dominates the right side of the tank. But it also provides shade for the macro & the candy canes which have some recovering to do

Coming along nice there JBM!

Toadstools are easy to frag! get a razor, cut a quarter sectioned piece, rubber band it to a frag square, disk, plug,etc..done!

I got it from a Member on MR. I never fragged it I just kept cutting it off the rock it as on and whatever was left grew new and then reconnected the one I cut onto something else. Just wait it should get even bigger like the one I have. I still can't believe how much it grew and you were worried that it wasn't opening when you first got it .

You can take it out lie it on it's head cut around it Like make a donut then cut those up small attatch and then sell. Never tried that but heard it works

fire fish went carpet surfing. how it made it out to the front of the tank beats me (only opening is in the back of the tank). it was dead when i woke up.

WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?!? this just makes the purple firefish that much more of a hot commodity.. sorry for the loss... id like to see these fish jump.. they get some distance thats for sure..

enter purple fire fish #2

this one is feisty. started bullying the damsel right away. I like it.

Everything is doing great except for my hammer. It's been recracted for the last 3 or 4 days. It might be the new salt, or just too much light. IDK

SO i dailed the lights way back & placed a piece of paper directly over it on the lid to block most of the light. Salinty is perfect & all the rest of my levels are normal.

Tank will be pretty much in a holding pattern / grow out period for the next few months. Saving to go to disney world in october.

i'll post pics in a few days

ahhhhh disney is in october... woulda been a nanoreef reunion if you coulda met us in april... ill be saving till october to get all the stuff you have in ur tank.. lol

Normally hammers are pretty finicky when it comes to flow. Does it have too much?

Love the new fish!

for quite a while it was 6-8" from the mp10 (which was set at 100%)

now it's on the other side of the tank, It seems to be recovering. 70% of it it partly extended. Not fully, but getting better.

such is life.

• 4 weeks later...

well it's been almost a month since i've said anything here. So here it goes

Frogspawn finally kicked the bucket after a 2 week battle. I was never able to figure out what did it in. All of my testing came back within specs. Borrowed a salifert test kit from a local reefer. That came back within specs; with the exception of calcium it was down around 380. I contribute that to partly needing to do a w/c.

Other than that, tank has been on auto pilot. with weekly w/c's. When i get around to it i'll snap a few pictures.

That sucks the frogspawn kicked it.. did anything touch the flesh around the skeleton? I know they are sensitive in that area and will begin to receed if that happens.

That sucks the frogspawn kicked it.. did anything touch the flesh around the skeleton? I know they are sensitive in that area and will begin to receed if that happens.

Its a possibility that the clowns tried to host it. Other than that no, nothing was withing 6" of it

Archived