Coral Vue Hydros

jbm's 20 long

JBM

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Package from marine depot came in today. Got the salt & the dkh test kit (api). Didn't have a chance to do a 1g w/c. Maybe Wednesday.

Weekly readings are:

temp: 78.7 ( I raised it up)

sg-1.026

ammonia-0ppm

nitrate-0ppm

nitrites-0ppm

ph-8.1

dKH- 9 or 10.

Not sure how yellow the test kit is supposed to get. So it might be higher, but its atleast 9. Not sure if I like this test kit, might finally invest in a few salifert test kits.

Everything is happy, readings are solid. Weekly w/c's really are doing its job. Im sure the macro, skimmer & chemi-pure is helping.

I think its time to find some more acans for the left side of the tank.

did a 1g w/c with the new D-D salt.

it may just be me, but everything does seem to be a tad bit brighter. Especially the leather. TIme shall tell

Sweet.. I hope the new salt works out.

and reading back some... what a dumbarse lfs employee, instead of just walking out, I am the type of mean person to tell the store manager to start educating their employees about all aspects of the aquarium trade.

Heck... the digis in my tank are even growing and it is only a month and a half old!

Your DKH value is within rang as long as you don't let it get over 10.

see thats the thing. im not sure if it's 8,9 or 10. 8 is a little yellow. 9 is more yellow & 10 is really yellow.

the instructions are very vauge

sad face

i think thats still within range.. ive found dkh to be as useless as ph.... if the tank is running fine and in dkh's sake -- the calcium is stable, then thats that, and thats just the way it is... Ive been doing some superficial reading on zeo systems and apparently the main goal there is a 6-7dkh!!!!

... wow that went over my head -- i didn't know you were doin top gun.. i was really talkin about ghost rider.. lol -- nicholas cage -- the trashier tom cruise.. come on now!

... wow that went over my head -- i didn't know you were doin top gun.. i was really talkin about ghost rider.. lol -- nicholas cage -- the trashier tom cruise.. come on now!

Im an 80's guy. Always use that line

el cheapo diy ato is in the works

unfortunately i have to go to a wedding tomorrow. so i wont have pictures of the ato in action (silicone is drying as we speak) till atleast monday night.

grrr

...i think you forgot to post pics... and how's the new salt? still too early to tell?

i didnt forget. nothing made it. it happens. it sucks, but i dont have the best of luck when it comes to corals that are shipped to me.

only did 1 w/c with the new salt. tomorrow is w/c #2 with 80% new salt 20% old salt. After that it's new salt all the way.

Archived