inTank Media Baskets

jbm's 20 long

JBM

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make a pop bottle fish trap and put a fishing line in there wrapped around a fake worm with some mysis.. that should attract the little crapper.

ahhh dude that sucks... gobies are so weird..

it does suck, i've had crazier things happen. Thought i lost a 6 line wrasse about 2 years ago when i had my 40b, turned out he took a ride down my overflow & was happily living in my fuge for about 3 weeks. That was weird.

so my skimmer should be comming in sometime this week. Cant wait to get it in service. Never owned a 'quality' skimmer before. I mean back in the day (like 7 years ago) i bought a seaclone 150. That was ok, but as we all know now it's POO POO. Then i stayed partial to the red sea prism deluxe for many years. But again it's not all that great. The new/used skimmer is rated for 20g or less (bought the aqua c remora nano). i dont really plan on having a heavy sps population. Maybe 2-3 more pieces, so im pretty sure with my w/c routine, adding more macros & running the skimmer. I should be good for the next year or so, or untill i upgrade to a 75g+

Im still on the fence when it comes to this arduino controller. Do i really need it? NO, do i want it? YES.

time shall tell really

Got the skimmer in today & boy am i disapointed.

The seller didnt include the hose that attaches the pump to the skimmer. The pump sounds like garbage, mostly because it has a red gunk inside of it. AND the cover to the pump is missing. REALLY?

i just can F'in win today

Yeah, that is good that you are putting the claim in right away. That is BS that he sent you the item and it looked like that and had missing pieces to it. Check the description on the page you bought it from to ensure that it said nothing about missing pieces.

I hate it when people do that to other people. It just sucks so bad.

Yeah, that is good that you are putting the claim in right away. That is BS that he sent you the item and it looked like that and had missing pieces to it. Check the description on the page you bought it from to ensure that it said nothing about missing pieces.

I hate it when people do that to other people. It just sucks so bad.

after it sold he deleted all the writing off his add.

but i assure you it said nothing about missing pieces

Hi Mark!

The tank has progressed a LOT, fantastic! :)

Sorry about the skimmer/seller hassles, hope it all resolves quickly. :(

Today was a perfect museum day, glad you and yours had fun. :happy:

If its the gurgling of the venturi air intake on the skimmer thats bothering you, than a simple pill bottle silencer mod will shut it right up!!!

Give the skimmer a little time to break in. Most of them are really loud at first, but once they slim up a bit from our systems and we get used to the noise they aren't all that bad.

If you have to, just unplug it at night if you are trying to sleep and it is driving you nuts.

Hi Mark!

The tank has progressed a LOT, fantastic! :)

Sorry about the skimmer/seller hassles, hope it all resolves quickly. :(

Today was a perfect museum day, glad you and yours had fun. :happy:

i was wondering where you ran off too. Tanks, but progress is slower than i'd like. Got some frags i can buy?

:lol:

im sure everything will be fine.

If its the gurgling of the venturi air intake on the skimmer thats bothering you, than a simple pill bottle silencer mod will shut it right up!!!

its a aqua c remora. There is no air intake tube to do a silencer mod on. But thanks for the suggestion

Give the skimmer a little time to break in. Most of them are really loud at first, but once they slim up a bit from our systems and we get used to the noise they aren't all that bad.

If you have to, just unplug it at night if you are trying to sleep and it is driving you nuts.

I cut a piece of cardboard over the injection chamber. Cut the noise by 50%. Im gonna see about some hard plastic tomorrow. Turning it off probably isnt a good idea as the water would be stagnant for X amount of hours & then get dumped back into the tank,

hope you get business taken care of -- can't understand why that dude posted on ur forum -- anyways, hope it works/worked out

I sure hope so too. Dude is a little crazy & childish. I mean really? Your gonna muck up my tank thread because i have a claim out againts you? Get over it. Not to mention that everything he posted was a cut & paste from the claim.

MOVING ON.

i did some reading, seems like what i did is the only thing to quite this beast down. Not to comfortable with cardboard in there for very long.

Possible lead on a clam.

Species?

Clams rule.

My crocea is definitely one of my top 5 favorite things in the tank....except I have to dose like 15mL of 2-part daily because of his hungry ass.

Archived