Top Shelf Aquatics

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Hey, if it is, then you can feed your cows it. :)

...:huh:

Sad news, the squat lobster is dead :tears: I didn't even get a chance to put him in the tank yet :tears::tears::tears:

I'm hoping it wasn't because the sea cucumber released some toxin.. :scarry: It was fine this morning

Also, Idk where the camera is, so for now I just have cell phone pics

(coming soon)

9a042c430cab__1303093734000.jpeg

FTS with new stuff

6f0250ef7710__1303094287000.jpeg

Two macros I forgot to mention, I actually just took them out of my 3gal, but at the end of the week I'm going to be giving most of it away anyways. You can see they turned a deep red in my 3gal, they were both originally a bright red

5da95da7ef3b__1303094348000.jpeg

Sea Cucumber, which I'm hoping is not responsible for the death of the squat lobster

d44aa74deee3__1303094405000.jpg

:tears: :tears: :tears:

0f32d606371d__1303094457000.jpg

Dragon's Breath has always been a slow grower for me, but it seems to like this new spot, and also for the past week I've been feeding daily, so this macro and others(mostly the caulerpa, dictoya & agar) like the extra nutrients

Edited by yoshii
Poor squatter. :(

Everything else looks good though.

I know :( It's the first ornamental crustacean that died in my tanks

Thanks, also, I'm going to clean that hideous box in the upper lefthand corner today :)

That is a nice sea cucumber. How is it doing?

Thanks :) well I've only had it for a few days, so it's hard to tell, but it's eating and likes sitting in the flow from the K1

I took some new pics today, I'll upload them soon (have to go find the computer charger..)

animalmaster6

Sorry about the squat lobster. :(

I like that cucumber. I hope it doesn't nuke :scarry:

Thinking about adding some Caulerpa nummularia to this tank. I have some that HH'd into my 55gal, the only thing I don't like about it is that it has part of it rooted in the rock, but as it grows it just kinda grows straight out into the open space, which I don't like the look of, is there a way to get it to just grow in the sand or on the rock?

Caulerpa is illegal in CA. Are all species illegal?

Sorry about the squat lobster. :(

I like that cucumber. I hope it doesn't nuke :scarry:

Caulerpa is illegal in CA. Are all species illegal?

I'll be watching it carefully, if it stops extending it's tentacles or loses an "arm" it's out of there

Only 9 species are illegal, I think there's a nice list with pictures at sccat.com/org/net

I still can't have any of the pretty "feathery" ones though :(

DSC05406.jpg

Mystic Grape or Raptor's Peace Favia, still getting used to the tank so it's not open all the way yet

DSC05418.jpg

Yellow Encrusting Sponge

DSC05419.jpg

Red Dictorya spreading on the rocks, looks nice with the coralline

DSC05421.jpg

One of the macros from the 3gal

DSC05458.jpg

Trachy is healing

DSC05460.jpg

Likes the mangroves

DSC05462.jpg

DSC05463.jpg

DSC05465.jpg

Agar's new growth is shaped differently

DSC05468.jpg

Acansss hunnngrryyy

DSC05470.jpg

Nom nom nom

DSC05471.jpg

om nom nom nom, acans are happy

DSC05473.jpg

Rics like food too :P

Also, I just added a Nass, some Caulerpa nummularia and some Chaeto(temp)

I've had a cuc in every tank so far. I wouldn't worry to much about the whole nuking the tank issue. Feeding it will be more of a concern. But it will do wonderful things to your water quality.

PS nice pic's.

All kinds of neat stuff in there.

:happy: I think I might get a yellow frilly sponge this weekend, and I'm keeping my eyes open for more unique inverts, I really want to get a pair of some kind of shrimp

Your pictures are getting really great.
Agreed. Did you get a DSLR?

Thanks guys :) I keep practicing

Lol no Kazooie, I wish!

I've had a cuc in every tank so far. I wouldn't worry to much about the whole nuking the tank issue. Feeding it will be more of a concern. But it will do wonderful things to your water quality.

PS nice pic's.

Same, I want to add some dwarf ceriths, but I'm not 100% sure they won't eat my macros

Just fed the tank and took some more pics, so those will be up soon, also, spring break for me starts half-way through tomorrow!! woooo! omgomgomg:happydance:

Sorry guys! Super late with the pics, I've been busy with spring break B)

I got a really pretty orange flower tree coral for this tank today :wub: it's pretty awesome

Ooh and I found this really tiny little jellyfish/or larvae thing earlier, it was neat, couldn't get a pic though

DSC05481.jpg

One of the new macros

DSC05490.jpg

Fang Blenny

DSC05506.jpg

Feed me!

DSC05514.jpg

DSC05516.jpg

DSC05543.jpg

It's really bright, but I couldn't capture the bright orange on the camera

DSC05546.jpg

DSC05549.jpg

Monti Cap, Leng Sy?

DSC05561.jpg

Fang Blenny

DSC05565.jpg

Maxi mini still bleached :/

DSC05570.jpg

Cucumber likes hanging on that mangrove

DSC05571.jpg

One of the new caulerpas

DSC05579.jpg

:)

DSC05585.jpg

DSC05590.jpg

DSC05587.jpg

Feather Duster :wub:

DSC05518.jpg

Peek-a-boo

DSC05521.jpg

DSC05592.jpg

Looks like a small piece of Halimeda survived! (And as you can see, is growing)

DSC05593.jpg

Leather kinda pale

DSC05589.jpg

Trachy is healing fast!

DSC05501.jpg

Acans!

DSC05537.jpg

Best $350 I ever spent! :lol: Actually I didn't get it for that much, but you can buy it now on ebay for that much :wacko:

Also, I'm thinking about trying out some small pieces of a purple gorg and an orange gorg later this week

DSC05577.jpg

FTS, I moved some stuff around, made some more space on the sand. Water's a bit low from acclimation

I just got the Clownfishes book by Joyce Wilkerson too! If you ever need books/can't find 'em, use Amazon Marketplace and half.com I got my copy for $35 and it's pretty brand spanking new!

Forgot to ask, are you going to BAYMAC?

Nice Macro tank. Everything looks good. See you guys at Baymac if you guys go might run into you guys, i will be hanging out by Norcalreefclub and BAR tables.

I just got the Clownfishes book by Joyce Wilkerson too! If you ever need books/can't find 'em, use Amazon Marketplace and half.com I got my copy for $35 and it's pretty brand spanking new!

Forgot to ask, are you going to BAYMAC?

Lol cool, it seems like a really great book from what I've read so far

Nice!

Yep! Can't wait to go :D

Nice Macro tank. Everything looks good. See you guys at Baymac if you guys go might run into you guys, i will be hanging out by Norcalreefclub and BAR tables.

Cool, I know I'll go by the NCRC booth :)

animalmaster6

This tank is becoming really biodiverse.

I love it!

Just checked out the first post's species list. Keep the species coming! One of my favorite threads on N-R :D

Edited by animalmaster6
This tank is becoming really biodiverse.

I love it!

Just checked out the first post's species list. Keep the species coming! One of my favorite threads on N-R :D

Thanks, me too :lol:

Also, I've decided to definitely get a frag from the purple and the orange gorgs at my LFS this week :)

:happy: