Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

captainbastard
If you're a local, you really should visit Yoshi at work. She definitely knows her stuff.

Wow every time I check back you have something new and cool in this tank. I didn't realize you were local, where do you work?

Builder Anthony

I dont souppose you could get more of the Red Epizoanthus.First time ive seen these..... from what ive read they can be placed in the dark spots in your tank.

Wow that stuff is looking great. I'm hoping the dragon's breath you gave me starts growing. The orange really pops under my lights.

Sorry to hear about the cuc. I really like the colors it has.

It didn't grow for me for a while until I moved it to the other side of the tank, and I've been feeding more, so I think that helped too :)

Yeah, it looks pretty cool :( Still in the tank as of now

very cool

Wow every time I check back you have something new and cool in this tank. I didn't realize you were local, where do you work?

I usually get new stuff every week or two :)

Yep, I work at Atlantis Aquarium

I dont souppose you could get more of the Red Epizoanthus.First time ive seen these..... from what ive read they can be placed in the dark spots in your tank.

I think the ones you're thinking of are from/near Mexico, they are a brighter red than the ones I have. Mine are darker red and come from Panama, and are cheaper, I got mine at a LFS for $10, but the ones on DD(from Mexico) are $60+

Looking really nice! Almost lost track of this tank. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! :happy:

R.I.P that little guy

:tears:

you been getting good staff n im so mad that I can't take micro shots like you do -_-

I think you mean macro shots? :P

Practice! It can make a world of difference, along with reading your camera's manual

nice pics! is that a Crinoid?

Not sure what you're talking about but I'm guessing the sea cucumber? Crinoids are cool looking, but I would never put one in this tank unless I was sure of it's diet and care. Plus this tank would be small for one anyways

A little update for you guys :)

When I got home I noticed the fish was breathing faster, so I finally found a place to put the sea cucumber, took it out and did a large water change, fish is all good now. whew

Oh, I also took out the lettuce nudi, it just wasn't really helping with the GHA that much, and now I can get rid of that hideous bag over the K1 yay lol

Here's some pics!

DSC05712.jpg

DSC05714.jpg

I think this gorg might be/related to the "Blue Polyped Sea Fan" (Guaiagorgia sp.)

DSC05716.jpg

Other gorg is very slowly opening up

DSC05717.jpg

Delicious mixture of Phyto Feast + Oyster Feast + Tank Water

DSC05725.jpg

Agar grows pretty fast :)

DSC05719.jpg

DSC05726.jpg

Bleached Maxi Mini

DSC05737.jpg

FTS

No fts? :lol:

Looking really good. Any special plans on how to care for the gorgs?

It's the last picture

Nope, but I love to target feed stuff, so I'll probably target feed them at least a few times a week, more if I feel like or I'm bored :lol:

I don't really have a schedule for feeding, but I tend to feed a couple mL of my phyto/oyster feast/water mixture every time I target feed

it looks so full and lush! :wub:

:D It's getting pretty!

Ever since the c. prolifera started growing in the middle you can't see the space between the two rock structures, do you think it still looks ok like this?

It must be pod - o - licious in there huh??????

Yeah! Since the Mandarin is gone, there are copepods EVERYWHERE! They're actually getting in the way when I try to take pictures

DSC05743.jpg

DSC05742.jpg

You can see why :lol:

Here's a video of some pods in the back corner:

Btw, the purple gorg seems to be a "Purple Polyped Sea Fan" (Guaiagorgia sp.) and it's non-photosynthetic (what I suspected) Still no ID on the orange one

are you going to get another mandy?

Eh idk, probably not. I do need a fish that will eat pods though. I would like a pair of blue neon gobies, but idk if they would jump, or if they'd go well with the fang blenny

Suggestions?

why not get another? they're so cheap.

My decision isn't based on cost, it's just such a pain to train them (I got lucky with mine, it was interested right away) and I think I might want to try out some other fish too :) If get some other fish for this tank and then come across a trained mandarin later, I could just put it in my 55 or something

Yes, Lace Corals are beautiful! I just don't want to order livestock online (shipping) I found one in a LFS, but it's mostly dead already :/

Not sure what you're talking about but I'm guessing the sea cucumber? Crinoids are cool looking, but I would never put one in this tank unless I was sure of it's diet and care. Plus this tank would be small for one anyways

opps must have been imagining

~LadyBug~
Ever since the c. prolifera started growing in the middle you can't see the space between the two rock structures, do you think it still looks ok like this?

it kind of reminds me of those takashi amano fw tanks :happy:

opps must have been imagining

Haha that's ok :) Bongo kept one in one of his tanks for a few years, check out his threads, I think he has some pics of his crinoid on this thread

it kind of reminds me of those takashi amano fw tanks :happy:

Haha I those tanks tend to be a bit cleaner :P But thanks