Cultivated Reef

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

altolamprologus
:D Awesome! Also, do you want a Hyacinth birdsnest? It's taking up too much room in my 3g, it's about 3". The only thing is it's not super colorful :/ Or you want a small piece of this super bright green birdnest? I've noticed the old green birdsnest that went brown is now getting it's color back :)

Annnd I got more new stuff today, I just couldn't resist :P

-Either Halimeda kanaloana or H. incrassata

-Tiny Shaving Brush

-Gray/White Branching Sponge

-Coral Whip Goby, I'm trying to find an ID right now

5c645a151806__1313984720000.jpg

Sure I'll take the birdsnest. Do you want some of my blue ball macro? I remember awhile ago you said it wasn't growing very much in your tank and I have so much I'm about to start throwing it away.

Are sponges from the invert system? You should get one of the blue sponges too. They're huge, but awesome. And awesome is good.

your LFS gets good stuffs

My LFS is awesome :happy:

Sure I'll take the birdsnest. Do you want some of my blue ball macro? I remember awhile ago you said it wasn't growing very much in your tank and I have so much I'm about to start throwing it away.

Are sponges from the invert system? You should get one of the blue sponges too. They're huge, but awesome. And awesome is good.

Both? I glued them on plugs, you want the plugs too?

Sure :) I think it's actually a macro similar to blue ball, cause in your tank it looks red/brown :huh: I noticed a bit of some growing back in my tank, but yeah, it grows so slow for me

Yeah. I almost got one, but they are pretty big, idk where I would put one lol Maybe I'll frag a piece later

where is that sponge from if Philippines its photo and we have the same one :)

Idk if it's from the Philippines, but it is photosynthetic! :D

Ohh I almost forgot, I also got a pink spikey sponge, pink tunicates and orange tunicates :)

4353cc2ec49b__1313989888000.jpg

You mean tourniquet? Or a tunic?

No, they are ascidians, or sea squirts

They are also called tunicates because solitary ones usually have a leathery "skin" kinda like a tunic

No, they are ascidians, or sea squirts

They are also called tunicates because solitary ones usually have a leathery "skin" kinda like a tunic

OMG. I Just realized I know how to make and use tourniquets! I had no clue what they were until I looked up the definition, but the BSA like to play in "what if" land and they said that if you're hiking with a somebody on a mountain in winter during a snowstorm and they get frostbite, to rip off your shirt and tie it as tight as you can around their arm to stop blood flow and cure the frostbite, but they would have to eventually cut the dead part of the person's arm off. They also said to get in a sleeping back with them without clothes to heat the person up. They said that if it's a girl, then it's your "lucky day".

... Just my tourniquet story. Seeing that your tank thread has 155 pages, I assume there is some spam. This can add to the pile.

OMG. I Just realized I know how to make and use tourniquets! I had no clue what they were until I looked up the definition, but the BSA like to play in "what if" land and they said that if you're hiking with a somebody on a mountain in winter during a snowstorm and they get frostbite, to rip off your shirt and tie it as tight as you can around their arm to stop blood flow and cure the frostbite, but they would have to eventually cut the dead part of the person's arm off. They also said to get in a sleeping back with them without clothes to heat the person up. They said that if it's a girl, then it's your "lucky day".

... Just my tourniquet story. Seeing that your tank thread has 155 pages, I assume there is some spam. This can add to the pile.

Hm, I only knew about their use for snake bites

Lol well you're not very lucky if you're freezing to death :P

Yeah, it does :/ Try not to add any more to the pile tho please

altolamprologus
My LFS is awesome :happy:

Both? I glued them on plugs, you want the plugs too?

Sure :) I think it's actually a macro similar to blue ball, cause in your tank it looks red/brown :huh: I noticed a bit of some growing back in my tank, but yeah, it grows so slow for me

Well I was gonna ask if you wanted some of the "macro algae that you gave me that you thought was blue ball but later you realized it was probably something similar and not actually blue ball" macro algae, but I figured it was shorted to ask if you wanted some blue ball :lol: And it's not red/brown, it's purple.

Yes, I just need to borrow my friend's camera, so kinda soon

Haha...borrow your friend's camera... :haha:

Well I was gonna ask if you wanted some of the "macro algae that you gave me that you thought was blue ball but later you realized it was probably something similar and not actually blue ball" macro algae, but I figured it was shorted to ask if you wanted some blue ball :lol: And it's not red/brown, it's purple.

Haha...borrow your friend's camera... :haha:

Lol I'll take some of that too :P

Ok, well it sounds less confusing than "borrowing my camera from my friend"

altolamprologus
Ok, well it sounds less confusing than "borrowing my camera from my friend"

How about borrowing "my friend's camera which isn't hers at all and is really mine that I let her borrow indefinitely but it's not really indefinitely because I want it back now but I'll give it back when I'm done using it even though it's not really giving it back and is more like letting her borrow it again" camera. I think that just about explains it :D

How about borrowing "my friend's camera which isn't hers at all and is really mine that I let her borrow indefinitely but it's not really indefinitely because I want it back now but I'll give it back when I'm done using it even though it's not really giving it back and is more like letting her borrow it again" camera. I think that just about explains it :D

Oh, and you could add in that technically it's my mom's camera, Just to make it easier to understand :P

Random tank updates:

-The White Spot really likes hanging out on the trachy, which is right in front so I see it all the time :) But I still haven't seen the pom pom or whip coral goby since I put them in the tank

-The Caulerpa prolifera is growing really fast all of a sudden

-The gorg still hasn't opened up, I'm worried :( I'll probably try moving it to a different spot tomorrow

-There's a new HH macro growing (kinda slowly), I think it's the same one as sandcrusier had a while ago. But idk if he ever IDed it, and I don't think he's active on NR anymore :(

-It looks like something tried to half-way eat some of the feather duster's "feathers" :angry: idk what happened

you should set up an automatic feeding system

I like "manual" feeding better, I can target feed corals and other stuff, like my pipefish

Plus almost all of the food I use needs to be kept frozen or refrigerated. Plus I don't need one, I don't feed this tank 10x a day

how's dat wire goby thing doing?

or was that your other thread?

Whip Coral Goby, although I still haven't IDed it, maybe it's a Ghost Goby?

I still haven't seen it, probably still getting used to the tank

altolamprologus
Thanks Alto for the baby cleaner shrimp (pipefish loved them!) and macroalgae :) I dipped it and it looks like all the flatworms died/came off

Good! Let me know how the leather does, it was looking really pissed off.

Good! Let me know how the leather does, it was looking really pissed off.

Yeah, well it just got cut, so I think it will take a few days to fully open up again I think I'll put it in this tank until it attaches to something, then I'll move it to my 3g

Hi Yoshii, it's been a little while. First week back to work was tough (I'm a college professor). By Pom pom, do you mean crab?

Looks like you've been busy. Has the gorgonian opened yet?

As always looking forward to update pictures. I think I may have a sponge in my LR that I've got just in a bucket with a powerhead. Looks like someof the stuff that you posted recently. I'll try to get a picture up today.

llj

Ooh, good luck! :P

Yep, Pom Pom Crab I still haven't seen her since I put her in the tank but I know they're pretty secretive

The gorg is like half-open <_< I think it might like more flow

I think I'll be able to get some update pics later today, it's been a busy week!

Cool, I'm interested to see if we have the same one! :)

Got several thousand little copepods today, I think my pipefish will like them :)

I took a few pictures, but I can't find the camera cable >.< I'll get some better pics (when the tank isnt cloudy) tomorrow anyways. Sorry for the wait!