Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Will Red Spot Cardinals jump? I couldn't find anything with a quick google search. I saw a group locally a little while ago, I know they look like fw fish but it'd be cool to have some small shoaling fish. A challenge too :P

I think it would much better if I got them from a LFS instead of ordering online because they are such poor shippers. hmmmmm

Edited by yoshii

I know I said I would have 50-60 pics, but it got cut down to 22

Most of these pics are just macro algae shots, nothing to amazing

IMG_4864-r.jpg

The lone Neon Goby

IMG_4818-r.jpg

Halimeda discoidea?

IMG_4828-r.jpg

Rics

IMG_4903-r.jpg

Titan

IMG_4913-r.jpg

Red Grape

IMG_4916-r.jpg

GHA loves to grow on this macro, and it's really hard to get it out from between the floats

IMG_4931-r.jpg

Red Gracilaria

IMG_4980-r.jpg

Tips

IMG_4984-r.jpg

Guardian Turtle

IMG_4988-r.jpg

Serrated Caulerpa and Rhodymenia holmesii

IMG_4994-r.jpg

Fauchea

IMG_5003-r.jpg

UnIDed, came in on a frag plug

IMG_5027-r.jpg

Mermaid's Fan

IMG_5030-r.jpg

This purple shroom was blue when I got it

IMG_5036-r.jpg

Sargassum

IMG_5046-r.jpg

Red Spot

IMG_5051-r.jpg

Red Mangrove roots

IMG_5075-r.jpg

FTS- the tank looks pretty empty, I think it's cause something has been eating my c. prolifera and I took out a few smaller rocks? It will be full again soon!

IMG_5079-r.jpg

Angled FTS

IMG_5086-r.jpg

Hiding: Heater, Goby, and Anemone

IMG_5091-r.jpg

Water was still a bit cloudy when I took these pics, you can really see it in this shot

IMG_4844-r.jpg

Neon Goby, with shrimp in the background :)

IMG_5086-r.jpg

Hiding: Heater, Goby, and Anemone

We have the exact same nem im think ing there suppost to look light whiteish lime green this lets me know that my anemone is not bleaching yay :happy:

We have the exact same nem im think ing there suppost to look light whiteish lime green this lets me know that my anemone is not bleaching yay :happy:

sorry but sounds like yours is bleached, mine has been since I got it, I think I need to feed it more

I see you have no more GHA :)

also your goby is so cute :wub:

Yep :D I hope it doesn't come back

ikr, I love him, hopefully he'll come out more often as he gets more used to the tank

You took some nice pictures... but no rule of thirds for the most part! :P

I know :) I just wanted to get pictures showing the different macroalgaes I have in my tank

sorry but sounds like yours is bleached, mine has been since I got it, I think I need to feed it more

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :tears:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :tears:

Sorry, just move it to the shade, and I think feeding is good too

Looks great yoshii!i want your halimeda..

Thanks! :) If you don't want to order online and pay shipping for one thing, you can often find small pieces HH on rocks at your LFS

animalmaster6

Awesome pictures!!

The Neon Goby pics were good too.

Btw the rule of thirds doesn't really aply to taking pictures of your aquarium inhabitants to show them off.

Awesome pictures!!

The Neon Goby pics were good too.

Btw the rule of thirds doesn't really aply to taking pictures of your aquarium inhabitants to show them off.

Thanks :) He was staying towards the back of the tank when I took those pics but today I'm going to try to get some more close up shots when he's eating in the front

The thing is, in reef aquariums, there's usually a bunch of stuff also in the picture besides whatever you're focusing on, so the rule of thirds isn't too important

animalmaster6
The thing is, in reef aquariums, there's usually a bunch of stuff also in the picture besides whatever you're focusing on, so the rule of thirds isn't too important

Exactly. I could care less about seeing an "artsy" picture of aquarium inhabitants. Save fancy pics for wildlife, etc.

Love the goby, Christina! The tank looks swell. :wub:

Thanks! Finally getting rid of that GHA!

Exactly. I could care less about seeing an "artsy" picture of aquarium inhabitants. Save fancy pics for wildlife, etc.

Me, I don't really mind too much artsy or not, aquarium photography is a bit different, we mostly take pics to show off our tank inhabitants

Oh that remind me, idk if you remember or not but a while ago we talked about when we would go to the beach to bring along a little tank so we could get pics of tidepool critters, and compare west coast and east coast diversity

Well it turns out I haven't been to the beach the whole summer :tears: but I might be able to go during the fall so maybe then I could get some pics but it won't be summer season stuff :/

animalmaster6
Oh that remind me, idk if you remember or not but a while ago we talked about when we would go to the beach to bring along a little tank so we could get pics of tidepool critters, and compare west coast and east coast diversity

Well it turns out I haven't been to the beach the whole summer :tears: but I might be able to go during the fall so maybe then I could get some pics but it won't be summer season stuff :/

Haha don't worry thats fine. I've been snorkeling a few times but haven't even bought the little tank yet. This fall I'm gonna get a wetsuit and muck boots so I don't freeze to death and may do that.

Haha don't worry thats fine. I've been snorkeling a few times but haven't even bought the little tank yet. This fall I'm gonna get a wetsuit and muck boots so I don't freeze to death and may do that.

Lucky! I don't even know if I could go snorkeling here, I don't have a boat and I don't want to get smashed against barnacle covered rocks

animalmaster6
Lucky! I don't even know if I could go snorkeling here, I don't have a boat and I don't want to get smashed against barnacle covered rocks

lol I go snorkeling in like 6 inches of water. Look at my thread in the biotope section, it may be of interest to you. I don't go snorkeling out very far at all and I find an abundance of life.

does your school ever do trips to snorkel or to some island?

My school? Lol noooo way, there's not really any islands around here anyway. the cost of wetsuits alone :lol: oh boy

lol I go snorkeling in like 6 inches of water. Look at my thread in the biotope section, it may be of interest to you. I don't go snorkeling out very far at all and I find an abundance of life.

How is that even possible? You might as well just stick your head in a tidepool

yeah, I've been lurking on that thread, needs more pictures! :P

animalmaster6
How is that even possible? You might as well just stick your head in a tidepool

yeah, I've been lurking on that thread, needs more pictures! :P

Tidepools aren't that oftenly found. Plus, you find different life then you do in tidepools.

I want to get an underwater camera, BADLY!