Top Shelf Aquatics

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

• 4 weeks later...
altolamprologus
Hello? :unsure:

Yosh is busy setting up the infamous 55 gallon reef again. But I do know she got a couple awesome inverts for this tank. I won't say what they are though :P

My White Spot really like the Nano Mag..

DSC06861.jpg

DSC06856.jpg

DSC06858.jpg

I always have trouble getting good pics of this guy :/

DSC06867.jpg

DSC06868.jpg

New Porcelain, hiding behind a spot of coralline <_<

DSC06855.jpg

Trying to figure out what kind of algae this is, it randomly appeared one day and has been growing pretty fast

DSC06816.jpg

Also, some very sad news, a few weeks ago I was gone for a week and told my sister to take care of this tank...well let's just say I came back to a dead pipefish and tons of GHA :tears: :tears: :tears:

But, some cool stuff, some crab had babies in my tank, idk what crab, maybe the hermits?

pictures of the larvae coming soon

Well I have a Mermaid's Fan right next to it, (but it didn't come off from it, it was attached to something else)

but it's growth pattern is different. Shaving Brush doesn't have a single flat "blade"

Well I have a Mermaid's Fan right next to it, (but it didn't come off from it, it was attached to something else)

but it's growth pattern is different. Shaving Brush doesn't have a single flat "blade"

Ooooh I thought you meant the one behind it. At least I correctly ID'd the Mermaid's Fan! :lol:

I could swear I've seen the no ID one before on NR... :huh:

Ooooh I thought you meant the one behind it. At least I correctly ID'd the Mermaid's Fan! :lol:

I could swear I've seen the no ID one before on NR... :huh:

Sorry, no I do mean the one that looks similar to a Mermaid's Fan

Mermaid's Fan has more of a fan shape (surprise) this one just grows straight up, the "strip" has around the same width at the base and at the top

Kinda hard to see against a white background

DSC06881.jpg

DSC06882.jpg

DSC06883.jpg

DSC06884.jpg

that's the tip of my pinky btw, just to give you a sense of scale

DSC06886.jpg

cm/mm

Edited by yoshii
altolamprologus
Kinda hard to see against a white background

DSC06881.jpg

DSC06882.jpg

DSC06883.jpg

DSC06884.jpg

that's the tip of my pinky btw, just to give you a sense of scale

DSC06886.jpg

cm/mm

Ah so cute!!!!! :wub: I love the giant eyes :)

That macro is probably a relative of mermaid's fan. Like same genus different species kinda thing.

Wow, those are so cool! Will be awesome if they survive to see what they actually are ...
Ah so cute!!!!! :wub: I love the giant eyes :)

That macro is probably a relative of mermaid's fan. Like same genus different species kinda thing.

They are very cool :happy: I siphoned some out, dumped a bunch of phyto in the container, then a little while later moved them back in the tank and added more phyto. They won't survive but at least they'll be a little more nutritious for whatever eats them :)

Probably, I just want to find out what species

altolamprologus
They are very cool :happy: I siphoned some out, dumped a bunch of phyto in the container, then a little while later moved them back in the tank and added more phyto. They won't survive but at least they'll be a little more nutritious for whatever eats them :)

Probably, I just want to find out what species

I was trying to search for it, but correct id's on algae are gard to come by. It's definitely Udotea sp., same genus as mermaid's fan, but that's as far as I got. Udotea dixonii looks similar but doesn't quite grow straight up.