Pod Your Reef

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

Schools kicking my but so I haven't had much time to keep up with things. But I wanted to say Hi & keep up the good work.

It's ok, I understand. Thanks for stopping by! :)

The tank is looking good!

Thanks AM :)

I picked up some Arti Pods today, I don't think the pipefish will eat them, but might as well give it a try

I listen to Lady Gaga, but I can't spot the reference

IMG_1974.jpg

Super awesome sponge, right?

But then my C. prolifera went sexual or something (I had to pull it all out :( ) which stressed out the new sponge, I had to take it out, then by the end of the next day it was dead :tears:

Sorry for the bad quality pics, I don't have the best camera to work with atm

The Lady Gaga reference was the paws up thing. She said it in Born This Way and there was a dude on 101 Ways to Leave a Gameshow that had a huge tattoo of Lady Gaga on his arm and he kept saying "paws up!"

The sponge looks amazing!! Hopefully my pink one will get that big one day.

A few months back my caulerpa went sexual in my BioCube 14. The water was really cloudy and you could see little spores and such floating in the water column. I decided to not take the risk anymore and I just took it out, at which point it was already falling apart.

The Lady Gaga reference was the paws up thing. She said it in Born This Way and there was a dude on 101 Ways to Leave a Gameshow that had a huge tattoo of Lady Gaga on his arm and he kept saying "paws up!"

The sponge looks amazing!! Hopefully my pink one will get that big one day.

A few months back my caulerpa went sexual in my BioCube 14. The water was really cloudy and you could see little spores and such floating in the water column. I decided to not take the risk anymore and I just took it out, at which point it was already falling apart.

Oh lol I guess I just didn't remember

The funny thing was the water wasn't really cloudy :huh: Maybe I pulled it out before it got super cloudy?

btw cool to meet you today! :)

Oh lol I guess I just didn't remember

The funny thing was the water wasn't really cloudy :huh: Maybe I pulled it out before it got super cloudy?

btw cool to meet you today! :)

Mine went sexual over night so it had like 10 hours to cloud up the water.

Here's what I'm talking about... start at 5:30 and you'll hear the guy say paws up...

Nice to meet you too. The SPS I got are doing well in acclimation right now and they look awesome under my light! :)

I'd have to buy 2 fixtures, I just want one fixture, with 4 bulbs

so get two, link them...it's like 1 fixture. i think they also sell a hanging kit for it. would probaly be the same price as any other 4-bulb fixture.

maybe you could do a retro fit?

or get two PAR 38 bulbs? that would be in your budget, no?

Mine went sexual over night so it had like 10 hours to cloud up the water.

Here's what I'm talking about... start at 5:30 and you'll hear the guy say paws up...

Nice to meet you too. The SPS I got are doing well in acclimation right now and they look awesome under my light! :)

Oh, well I was up early for school so don't think it got a chance to be in the tank for long

Lol I heard it

Great! I really can't think of the name for the green and purple one atm, but I'm going to ask a friend to see if he knows. (My friend just told me it's an "Ultimate Tri-Color".)I think the Hawkins will look really good in your tank, plus it grows pretty fast :)

so get two, link them...it's like 1 fixture. i think they also sell a hanging kit for it. would probaly be the same price as any other 4-bulb fixture.

maybe you could do a retro fit?

or get two PAR 38 bulbs? that would be in your budget, no?

Eh I think I'd rather buy a different fixture :/

I don't have a canopy

I don't have any place to attach fixtures for PAR38s, plus macros look ugly under LEDs meant for coral

Edited by yoshii
so get the 6500K PAR bulbs?

My LED flashlight is 6500K (all white) and it makes everything look really brown. I saw an 18w PAR 38 at CostCo a few weeks ago for like $40, all white though.

so get the 6500K PAR bulbs?

Then my corals will look brown

My LED flashlight is 6500K (all white) and it makes everything look really brown. I saw an 18w PAR 38 at CostCo a few weeks ago for like $40, all white though.

Yeah, and those kinds of PAR38s don't have the same power as say my PAR30 from BoostLED

Then my corals will look brown

Yeah, and those kinds of PAR38s don't have the same power as say my PAR30 from BoostLED

Oh lol. I'm not in to LEDs much, I'm a huge halide fan. :D

your're so picky :P

good luck with your search for the light ;)

yes I am! Plus I don't want to spend my money on something I might hate

Oh lol. I'm not in to LEDs much, I'm a huge halide fan. :D

Halides are awesome, sadly this little tank would roast with one :( Even with my current PC fixture my tank can go up to 83-84* in hot weather

how is your eucheuma doing after a month under PCs? I just got some and love it.

It has lost its extremely bright yellow color, and it now a darker orange/yellow

I'm hoping once I upgrade lights it color will get bright again

ok, glad it's doing ok. I want to upgrade the lights in my BC29 but probably won't be able to until next year.

It's not dying or anything, the color is just darker, and I think it would probably grow faster until brighter lighting. Put if you ordered from live-plants I've sure you'll have plenty :lol: