Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Newman's 10 Gallon Piece of Ocean

.Newman.

may be a poor camera, but u got nikon quality there.. im usin a canon powershot.. horrible! lol, canons are great for the slr tho... im eyein up sony.. anyone.. they're perfect imo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
October FTS has been put up:

DSCN2308.jpg

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangggg -- you really downplayed it bro -- amazing!!

annnd i didnt mean to 'quote the pic' right after u posted ur pic... lol my bad

no problem.

28 frags were added for $150 (I will not be buying any more coral, especially not for this tank, too busy as it is). the $150 included overnight shipping costs. this means that each frag was less than $5. a bargain really compared to the same frags sold at my LFS for $30 a piece! Plus I would even find 1/2 of these types of coral at my LFS, so why even bother going to LFS for corals lol.

I think it was a good deal, and i dont mind that i spent so much.

The only upcoming spending for this tank will probably be its inverts:

2x Porcelain crabs

1x Clam

1x Big Feather Duster

those are probably going to cost $86 plus shipping x_x

But I am not getting them any time soon. maybe next spring.

lets see if you can hold out till next spring.. lol.. well i dunno how well disciplined u are.. lol u just might be able to wait till spring -- so this comment was just useless.. LOL

thats a deal for sure -- my lfs sells em for 40 bucks a piece or for 110 for 3... and its not a variety thats for sure.. can u tell me what site you went from? or was this a private seller?

Nah, Will, that comment wasnt useless - i have been known to be impulsive on things (like my little incident of randomly wanting lettuce sea hares and pom pom xenia)

An yes that reminds me that I havent shown you guys that lettuce sea hare. he's still alive but I cant tell if he'll make it or not. idk if he eats chaeto, Elysia clarki isnt supposed to eat it...so in theory the only thing thats powering him right now are the fuge lights. he is retaining his green color, but its only been a week, so we shall see if he loses any color or gets smaller in size. if he does then I'll know that I need to get the correct type of macro algae for him to chow on.

thanks AM!

terrible news: the lettuce sea hare escaped somehow from the fuge, went into the display and got sucked into the AC110 intake X_X

sea hares and AC filters are incompatible. Shame because I didnt even get a chance to see if it would survive in my tank/fuge. So much for showing you guys what an amazing animal it is...

um i didnt attach any to anything. they are jsut lying there.

anyway the seller of the sea hares and the xenia sent in some frags to balance out the losses. I finally got a frag of NORMAL GSP. this stuff is supposed to be easy to grow compared to what i have in this tank. Also got a frag containing green bay packer zoas and some orange skirt zoas. another frag had an orange ric and some xenia that didnt die. another frag had some wicked large AOG zoas and some xenia that looks ok. so i got 4 frags total. so 6 types of coral total. not too shabby.

had to google each of those -- but they all look great! lol might be goin this weekend to get some zoas'.. the lfs doesn't have them labelled as their specific types, but nevertheless i hope they will be 'cool' ones!

i'm still excited about this normal GSP. very different from the whiny type i had before (still have). looks tons better in terms of color too.

the way i tell them apart since both produce metallic green polyps is that the mat of the normal GSP is perple and with stubby polyp bumps when theyre retracted. the annoying GSP has a white-skin color mat and the polyp bumps are not visible at all when retracted.

Maybe I need to stop dosing Seachem Reef+ supplement. I think it may just be aggravating my cyano.

On a random side note, my blue ric has decided to eat itself...Its edge liquefied and that was being drawn into its mouth..idk rics are bizarre -_-

yes I have been watching the progress all day... I think the ric looks a bit better now, it has finished eating that part of its outer self...it really tough to describe whats going on lol. I thought that this weird behavior was in response to the two different types of rics touching, so I moved the blue one away from the new orange one. I thought that rics enjoyed being in contact with one another, but this weird thing happened...

• 2 weeks later...

I cut that ric in half with a scalpel the other day. just wanting it to split lol. also cut my larges rhodactis in half too. hopefully both shrooms heal up nice and successfully multiply.

Some random pics

The recovering Acan:

A pic of the hammer and its reflection. I'd like to call it "The Roaring Ocean". I just like the way the greenish reflection looks like turbulent waves in the ocean (kind like if someone painted it...)

There's also a random shot in the post after this. as you can see I moved the hammer up and you can also see the normal GSP and some of the new xenia. that pic was taken from the torch coral (the blurry thing in front)

amazing pics as always -- my favourite is the acan, and the roaring ocean.. really looks like some outerspace/northern lights deal... wow..... whats easier in your opinion to maintain/keep -- the hammer or frogspawn?

idk I have never kept frogspawn lol.

this is a weird hammer too, it sorta looks like a mix between a regular hammer and a frogspawn coral.

Archived