Coral Vue Hydros

Newman's 10 Gallon Piece of Ocean

.Newman.

CanadianNano

where did you get the rock from? i like the idea of getting alot of rock for a cheap price, but ill pay top dollar to get cured live rock and pick out my own peices to my own liking... found some hitch hikers in my tank today, have a look

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the rock was florida base rock from reefcleaners. at $2.50 per pound it w3as a decent price IMO. My LFS charges more but i guess ill have to settle for some LFS rock after all xD

Added all my rock:

goldifhs237.jpg

looks way better IMO.

I'll try to keep it like this if i can ;)

found my first HH: Aiptasia! wonderful! :D

CanadianNano

awesome! looking good, too bad on the first hitchhiker though, i got lucky with mine i suppose lol. so any idea what your first coral is gonna be ? i just pm'd somebody on a local site, hes got a bunch of zoos and rics for sale so i think i might pick them up today

Thanks guys! The aiptasia that i saw got torched off the rock so its all good. i hope they dont reappear.

The tank starts off today with these readings:

Ammonia - 0.25ppm

Nitrite- 0.25ppm

Nitrate - 5ppm

SG - 1.0255

pH - 8.3

Good start no?

This tank is still cycling. right now theres a 1ppm Nitrite spike. Some rocks got moved around unfortunately because someone bothered this tank and the rocks fell..

ammonia and nitrite were about 0 so I jumped the gun and bought my pair of clowns today...

$27 for both from Petco.

FTS:

goldifhs254.jpg

Larger Clown (has a strange "blunt" clown goby face):

goldifhs256.jpg

Little Clown(normal face):

goldifhs255.jpg

the larger clown has paler color no? I hope she gets more black outlines to her..

surely they must be stressed. when i got my peppermint shrimp for my pico that sucker wouldnt eat for a good 3-4 days before he started getting comfortable.. but these are fish, theyre more active and they burn more calories so im kinda worried if they dont feed soon :(

I've tried Sera marine granulated food, hickari frozen mysis, cyclop eeze...not much of a reaction.

tried my Spirulina flakes a few minutes ago, and still got limited response; same little clown chasing the food and "telling" the other clown where the food is...the other one fails big time >_<

I understand they need a few days to get used to their tank, but I'm a little worried cuz theyre zipping all over the glass and wasting energy...

come to think of it this is exactly like the time i bought my peppermint shrimp for my 3 gal. he too refused food for around 4 days and paced the tank on his first few days like crazy! If he worked out, these clowns should work out as well :)

CanadianNano

im sure it will work out fine! on a lighter note, got some new additions for my tank newman! gotta check em out, posting pics tonight!

a little more activity during feeding time today, both clownfish participated this time, but the big one is still lacking, she barely ate anything, its the same little clownfish going crazy for cyclopeeze. I will be buying a new food for them today, and I'll see how that goes...

Thanks micro!

I will be looking for formula one pellets and new life spectrum small fish pellets at my LFS soon.

pismo_reefer

That 'blunt faced' clown is the female....

She has that mean look, and thicker stripe/body combo.

Im also 4 for 4, pickin' female clowns.

Archived