Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Newman's 10 Gallon Piece of Ocean

.Newman.

i have plenty of growing cheato in my fuge. it should take care of the cyano in due time.

I know animal that acans and chalice deals are great there, but those are not really corals i am into right now. i have one of each ATM and im happy with what i have :P

I have asked (mr coral on this site?) Sonny about the torch and hammer in $10 , he just said "you never know!" lol Thats the problem, lol these $10 frags go fast on his site. I am not buying anything right now. having issues with safety and powering these reef tanks of mine..

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes so i just dropped around $70 on power strips to make sure my tanks arent going to cause a fire here lol. i could have used that money to buy livestock but safety is way more important.

this also means that i wont be spending that $253 on coral any time soon, so this tank will be more of the same old for a while :)

ok i found a site called aquatic connection which sells pretty much everything I want in this tank. I am going to try to get a quote on everything and post it here :) thats including corals and other livestock.

OMGSH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Aquatic Connection=Aquacon

I could take all day telling you how horrible they are, but there are plenty of threads on here that will explain it better than me. Search Aquacon, and run away

DOH

then its back to the drawing board. I have ordered corals from Aquacon before. 3 corals that were in my 3 gal pico: the green finger leather thats the focal point of my tank, the green stripe shroom thats my favorite shroom, and a real small rhodactis that never grew. what I'm mainly upset about is that small transparent rhodactis thats in this tank at the moment. they advertized it to be a large -growing pink looking shroom yet it looks nothing like the advertised image lol. One plus from their shipment is that they sent me a bonus Porites colony as a hitchicker on the green striped shroom frag. unfortunately that frag also containe the very source of my bryopsis algae plague that i went through and the algae eventually overtook the porites anyway so i guess its was a loss anyway...

Very unfotunate because they had every invertebrate in addition to corals that i want ed in this tank :( the prices on their inverts were lower than any ive seen on any other site too...

Well its time to find some other site i guess, any suggestions guys? I need some site that carries corals, fan worms, porcelain crabs, and clams. its tough to find a site that has everything and for a reasonable price :(

DOH

then its back to the drawing board. I have ordered corals from Aquacon before. 3 corals that were in my 3 gal pico: the green finger leather thats the focal point of my tank, the green stripe shroom thats my favorite shroom, and a real small rhodactis that never grew. what I'm mainly upset about is that small transparent rhodactis thats in this tank at the moment. they advertized it to be a large -growing pink looking shroom yet it looks nothing like the advertised image lol. One plus from their shipment is that they sent me a bonus Porites colony as a hitchicker on the green striped shroom frag. unfortunately that frag also containe the very source of my bryopsis algae plague that i went through and the algae eventually overtook the porites anyway so i guess its was a loss anyway...

Very unfotunate because they had every invertebrate in addition to corals that i want ed in this tank :( the prices on their inverts were lower than any ive seen on any other site too...

Well its time to find some other site i guess, any suggestions guys? I need some site that carries corals, fan worms, porcelain crabs, and clams. its tough to find a site that has everything and for a reasonable price :(

They actually tend to steal pics, like the mermaid's fan pic is taken from reefcleaner's site, it's just cropped

I've read they don't always have all that stuff in stock

I've never ordered from blue zoo aquatics, but I've heard good stuff about them. Liveaquaria has diver's den, it has some pretty awesome inverts.

Can you ask your LFS to order stuff for you?

no lol my lfs prices are just as bad as any site that charge premium prices for all their stock. in other words very high prices!

Liveaquaria is price and bluezoo dousnt really have everything I want.......ill check out blue zoo one more time.

bluezoo is also very pricey...

no lol my lfs prices are just as bad as any site that charge premium prices for all their stock. in other words very high prices!

Liveaquaria is price and bluezoo dousnt really have everything I want.......ill check out blue zoo one more time.

Awww :( That stinks

Hopefully they have what you're looking for! Or someone else can post a good site here

ok i have decided to split my orders. Non-coral Invertebrates will be purchased from live aquaria for $86.95 (thats after i use my DFS giftcard...) So 2 porcelain crabs, one feather duster and one clam will be purchased from there.

Now for coral there's a dilemma. Mr. coral has the best price and free shipping deal hands down but i have not seen hammer or torch corals in his $10 section, ever. this forces me to order from some site such as your reef.com. This site has all the shrooms, zoas, and the elusive hammer coral that i need (their torch is too expensive). now the problem with their site is that i have to order $250 to get free shipping >_< compared to Mr. Coral's $125 which is the money i want to spend...

which ever way i squirm, online stores do not make it any easier by having limited choices whether it is corals or other inverts that i want. I cant seem to avoid running into the $300 range to stock this tank...

because the torch + hammer will have separate shipping then that i have to pay...no local clubs that i know around me. gonna look more on the sites you mentioned but i suspect ebay prices which are the same as most online stores...plus the same stupid 39.99 shipping >_<

NR reefers have never offered those corals for resonable prices. everything is either $60 per frag or like $100+ per colony >_< I just want 1 polyp!

Just bought a frag pack off ebay. I have never bought from this seller before so it should be a new experience. 25 frags total for $150 shipped overnight. I asked for mushrooms, zoas/palys, LPS, and even SPS. too good to be true right? well it is, cuz the frags are supposed to be tiny. like zoa frags will only have 1-3 polyps max...still I personally think its a good deal for the variety I am getting.

once I get these frags I'll let it settle for a few months maybe and then when I feel like the tank once again needs more excitement, I will buy my inverts from Liveaquaria!

I'll try to post pics when i get them and they all open. probably wont be for another week, so you'll see them during the next monthly update for sure.

corals are set to arrive tomorrow! I am excited! the seller said that he will be sending a few extra frags, so that is a potential gain of 25+ frags for $150 shipped. quite good considering again the variety. and i do believe torch and hammer LPS are included, which is what i wanted most.

Cool shrimp, I never saw mine again once I put it in my 55gal..I think it's dead by now :(

omgomgomg omgomgomg remember, first thing you do when you get them(have N-R open on your computer) then take tons of pics for us, so you don't forget :P

lol why would i want to take pics of stressed corals? xD

not that all are closed, but none are open to their full potential, so ill only take pics when they look good, and wont die on me.

In other words, they arrived today! 28 frags total. one monti cap broke into many pieces so i was able to make a 29th frag out of the largest piece that broke off.

As soon as my peppermint found the torch coral, he started to attack it and eat the tentacles, so I sent the shrimp to the fuge. he shows no interest in the hammer(or maybe its frogspawn idk) which is of the same genus i think. apparently torch is the tastiest of the corals in my tank.

I moved a few zoa paly and ricordea frags to my 3 gal pico temporarily because they looked like they had bryopsis, red hair algae and some bubble algae. the emerald already cleaned the ric frag and one of the paly/zoa frags so I put those back into the 10 gal.

Words are worthless to explain what kind of frags i got so ill let pics do the talking later, when things calm down.

I also did a 2 gal water change as i was acclimating the frags.

Archived