inTank Media Baskets

Markushka's 20 Long Rimless Tank

Markushka

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plans for a clam :D maybe... I vowed not to spend money on corals or fish or stuff anymore. So I trade stuff. I may trade my large (G?)BTA (in the sump atm, didn't want to move it up) and a banggai for the clam at the lfs. I'll also try to trade locally for corals.

gulfsurfer101

Your tank is looking better, you can always dissolve some epsom salt in some ro water and drip dose to raise mag if you still wanted to try that to battle your bryopsis on the cheap. The first sps looks to be a digita or a stylo and the last looks like a montipora confusa or danea.

Your tank is looking better, you can always dissolve some epsom salt in some ro water and drip dose to raise mag if you still wanted to try that to battle your bryopsis on the cheap. The first sps looks to be a digita or a stylo and the last looks like a montipora confusa or danea.

Thanks!

Hmm, epsom salt you say? On the cheap is always good because I really have 0$ for tank stuff ATM and I need an ATO before I leave for college.

Depending on how it grows/colors, I'm thinking digi or maybe a stylo.

Oh, shoot, I copied the wrong pic. I mean the first one. :huh:

I've been thinking that too. I cant recall what the guy said who gave it to me.

Lol.

wiil - well i'm not out of the woods yet. I still have to kill off that nasty bryopsis.

Anyone know how to frag a fungia?

animalmaster6

Mark, take a dremel across the middle of the plate and keep splitting in half I think. Kraylen has a video of doing it with a tile saw too.

Well the fungia is my buddies so I cant just chop it in half, but I could take a bit off the edge. I have seen a few threads where they chopped the whole thing into little peices. I'm going to try, and if it works cool. If not, oh well.

The trade for a clam is pending. fingerscrossed the lfs just has to sell some of the nems he has in stock cause he got a bunch in.

In other news i'm planning on setting up a prop tank, I just need to figure out if a DIY T5 fixture is feasible. Its in the works tho, going to HD to see if they have the parts I need tomorrow before classes.

Thought you had no money :P I guess its a good thing you didn't give up. Tank is looking good Mark. Chop that fungia up and send me a piece!

Thought you had no money :P I guess its a good thing you didn't give up. Tank is looking good Mark. Chop that fungia up and send me a piece!

He is russian, he doesn't need money. I don't know what that means, but it's too early to get in a proper insult.

I dont have money. I have only spent money on shipping coral so far for this tank. The only thing I need to set up a prop tank is a ballast for T5s and end caps ( that may total to 30$) and I am trying to sell other stuff of mine to get that 30$. Anyone want a heater/stirrer or a BC churchwarden pipe? :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
... This tank is getting shut down, I just don't have the time and money to keep things going the way I want them. This goes for all my tanks. I will be back tho, in a few years. When I'm done with college, or at least with my undergrad. Its for the better imo.
  • 1 month later...
i thought this tank was taken down!?!?!?!? whaat?!?!?!

the red macro -- how come its not on reverse lighting in a refug?

Its pending a takedown. The macro isn't in the fuge because I like it in the display. I have other stuff in the fuge.

Its pending a takedown. The macro isn't in the fuge because I like it in the display. I have other stuff in the fuge.

i like it in the display as well -- but what about how everyone talks about ph swings? is that balanced out by the other stuff in the fuge? tank looks awesome btw... this whole time I thought it was flushed!

i like it in the display as well -- but what about how everyone talks about ph swings? is that balanced out by the other stuff in the fuge? tank looks awesome btw... this whole time I thought it was flushed!

Yes, I have it balanced, or had. I don't worry bout pH. I wish it looked a lot better. I just have everything in thrown there.

I don't worry

ahhh yes , i forgot! i think i need to go underground for a bit -- disappear for a while, then resurface ... reefin is gettin to my head

edit: IVE GOT BUGS!

Archived