Coral Vue Hydros

Markushka's 20 Long Rimless Tank

Markushka

animalmaster6

Mark the tank looks awesome man.

I love the anemone with the clowns hosting it at the top of the tank.

Do I see a Sailfin Molly?

The angels are doing great and are eating extremely well. These are some of the most beautiful angels I've ever seen. I can't thank you enough! One may have ich but he's eating very well and is very healthy. I think they're still traumatized from the long car rides and sand. He took it pretty hard.

The Kuhli Loach is being, well a Kuhli Loach! :lol: I have a little colosseum decoration. It has little holes where the windows are in the colosseum and the Kuhli Loach was just sitting in between one of the holes and just fell from it :lol:

These guys are awesome!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D

Hope they all keep well. I'll be shipping the rest of the sand out to you as soon as I manage to get to that. its still in the tank and the tanks still running so it wont go bad by shipping time.

I added about 155 ppm of magnesium (according to my calculations) over the past 2 days. Making more pure MgCl2 as we speak. I'm hoping it'll put a dent in the bryopsis. Does anyone know what normal Mag levels are in fresh made salt? I don't have a mag test so i'm sorta running blind here but it'll be alright. (just don't follow my example!) also does anyone know what lethal mag levels are in a reef tank?

Some sad news, not from my tanks, but my buddies. He lost his big female cuttlefish (age: 5 mo) and a pincushion urchin I gave him. I took my long spine back but I'm afraid it wont make it. He also has a bahamas star in there that wasn't looking too hot. Neither of us have any idea whats going on. He actually has this tank plumbed to a sump in the basement and that sump feeds two tanks. In his other tank he has the cuttle I gave him and that one is looking good. Thats the weird part that one tank is going to hell while the other is doing ok. he ran parameter tests and they were good.

My tanks are in the middle of this bryopsis war.

Oh man :(

Does he have any other cuttles?

just that one now. Actually he asked me about cherry shrimp yesterday, and I though: hmm better ask AM. Can they live in full salt water? He said they could in brackish, and would that affect their reproduction rates? He wants to culture them to feed baby cuttles till they are big enough to take the SW shrimp he catches.

• 3 weeks later...

I'M BACK!!! and I've got good new, but no pics :/ (parents took the camera with them on vacation yesterday) we'll see if I can scrounge one up somewhere.

THE BRYOPSIS IS DEAD!!! I WON!! VICTORY IS MINE. now I have hair algae to fight <_<

I'll be taking this tank and system down tho in favour of the 46, and I'll be starting that today.

Bye Bye 20L

So are you going to dorm reef it?

nah, too much trouble moving the tank there and back over break. It's a 5 hr drive to school one way. I'll be doing a drat tank at college with one of the 20s if i can get it set up before break is over.

I'm also setting up the 46 as a no-maintenance macro tank. I'm going to leave my two clowns and my rainfords goby. I will have my mom and sister feeding it and topping off the ato res. I have experience running no maintenance systems so I do not expect failure with this one even tho I will be away for 2 month stretches. Its an nice way to ease my mom into the world of reef-keeping. shes been saying she wanted a tank.

some close up coral pics (I really hate this camera):

DSCN2188.JPG

DSCN2189.JPG

DSCN2190.JPG

DSCN2186.JPG

DSCN2175.JPG

DSCN2191.JPG

DSCN2169.JPG

DSCN2177.JPG

I'll see if I can get some better ones tomorrow night.

• 5 weeks later...

OK well this tank went down on Jan 1st. The 46 replaced it, and it looks awesome. I think you all should still vote for me in AMs contest... :D

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

woah, haven't been on nr in a while. yeah I have my 46 still up socal. not looking as good as i'd like tho.

• 3 months later...

DSC_0398.JPG

De-rimmed and ready for round 2!

I'm moving the contents of my 46 over into this tank and taking it down to my apt in New Brunswick. I finally decided to move all my tanks from home.

I'm going to make this into an AIO so i'm looking for some black acrylic for the false wall. I'm still in the air whether I'm going to do sand or go BB. I'm leaning to BB atm, because I want to get an MP10 and I'm giving the minimalist look a go.

Archived