ReefCleaners.org

Markushka's 20 Long Rimless Tank

Markushka

found a black acrylic sheet online and I think thats what I have to get. its like 20 bucks.

I wish I could get it locally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ordered my acrylic, going with a full back false wall. Hopefully it will come in some time next week so I can set this tank up already!

Acrylic has arrived omgomgomg going home tomorrow and I'll be cutting and sealing after work. hopefully this tank will have water by monday.

yay pics!!!!

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Most of the zoas just went in so they are still PO'd.

Now everything needs to just recover from all the past neglect in my old tanks. The corals are looking much better after the move.

Looks nice! Can't wait to see it with the zoas all opened. What's up with the brain? It looks like part of it's bleaching?

The brain is actually looking much better! My brother was supposed to watch my tank at home for a week while I had not set this one up yet, but he didn't really... I think a part of it bleached but its all coming back now. can't say so much for my leather. It looks pretty bad but stable.

I also need to go home and get a return pump because the quietone is way too much for this tank. right now the only flow is the big powerhead in the tank that i'm hoping to replace soon.

I'm also not quite satisfied with the scape. its a bit too much rock fro what I was going for, I'm probably going to rework that left column and clear out the middle.

Thanks socal, I've been very busy lately.

in tank news, both my firefish are out more now. looks like every one is settled in the new tank now.

IMG_0138.jpg

Rescaped, and I'm liking this much better! I also need to clean the glass a bit better, it was a rushed job today.

In coral news I lost my toadstool :tears: and the black sun coral I'd just bought, everything else seens to have survived the move, tho the candy canes are still looking iffy. I salvaged a fragment of the toadstool, fingernail-clipping size again, we'll see maybe it will come back.

Hasn't bothered any that are in the tank, I've seen him peck at them on occasion, but not enough to hurt anything. He really liked the acans tho, but they're gone now. I also have a lone blue leg in there, the sole surviving member of my clean up crew. which reminds me I need to get a cuc too...

I'm not sure about the toadstool, all I managed to save was a tiny sliver that looks like it could be ok, it'll be a while before it amounts to anything tho. I'm puzzled as to what killed it. same thing that killed the shrimp and the rest of the corals in the pico tho. It was a hardy sonna#####, I almost froze it once and it came back.

You want some toadstool too?

How about a little pink finger leather?

TALK TO ME DAMMIT! :angry:

:D

I haz both of these from Richie...they are doing great :)

anywhay.... more pics

IMG_0143.jpg

Right side:

IMG_0144.jpg

Left side:

IMG_0145.jpg

Puffer!!

IMG_0146.jpg

+ clowns

IMG_0150.jpg

Artsy shot:

IMG_0151.jpg

I haz both of these from Richie...they are doing great :)

I bet they'd look greeeat on the left side of the tank, its gonna be my softie side. and richie lives literally down the road from me.

Archived