Coral Vue Hydros

Markushka's 20 Long Rimless Tank

Markushka

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the update, always nice to see some typical tanks ... ie like something I would have. :)

Low maintenance reefing ftw! I have missed the last 3 or so waterchanges... I actually ran out of salt and just have been to lazy/busy to buy more. I think I'll get it in from BRS if I get my bulbs from them.

and hell yes! I can't wait for the mp40 to get here! I think I'll have to bring it down to like 10 - 20% power to keep it from blowing #### away.

On a livestock note, I saw one of my pom-pom crabs out and about today will the lights on! wooh-hooo! Didn't have a chance to snap a picture. I'm wondering when the lobster will stop being such a wuss?

mp40 shipped today, zoas from lawnman ship tomorrow! omgomgomg

Despite finals, this week is going to be good...

Just wondering why the Mp40? Why not the mp10? Just curious because I got the mp10 for my 20 gallon long. But yay I bet you're excited nonetheless! :D

my friend is sitting on the couch next to me right now asking me the same exact thing. And he's not even a reefer.

Anyway, Its in the tank, and I also got some zoanthids from lawnman. I'll have some good pics tomorrow.

Its been a rough couple of years, but the tank is starting to come back. I'm starting to do the upgrades I've been wanting to do, and hopefully it will start looking nice once I start doing WC again. There is a hell of a lot of pods tho, so the algae is not all that bad, plus it doesn't look all that bad.. Its the random patches of cyano that piss me off.

Good to see you're still here too, and I'm curious to see your new 20 once its running. Going to get local fish stock for it again? I really liked those sargassum anglers you were catching a while back.

I place the lens on the front glass and shoot. I have a tripod and didn't see any improvements.

Is that plexiglass you have for a lid?

Nice update!

I place the lens on the front glass and shoot. I have a tripod and didn't see any improvements.

Is that plexiglass you have for a lid?

Nice update!

Macro lense doesn't really work that way unfortunately, at least not my friends. plus I didn't spend the time making my glass spotless. And the lid is actually glass, just a spare pane I found laying around, plexiglass discolours and warps after a while.

and finally, thanks. I'm hoping next time the zoas I got from lawnman will all be open. looks like they'll open up tomorrow, well some. It has only been 1 day and they look really healthy. I'm not worried, I am more worried about where to put them lol!

ps, what is the fish in your av markalot? is it a flame hawk, it looks really cool.

^

nice! I should claim that too.

Finals are done and I spent a whole hour or two looking at dottybacks and wrasses on Live Aquaria. Good thing I can't afford anything right now.

I'm still deciding between an invert dominant tank, or actually adding fish. I'm kind of leaning towards adding one or two small fish. I really want to add a blenny, either a starry or a tailspot. But now lookning at all these dottybacks I kind of want to add one or two of those. For now tho, I'm just going to leave ti how it is, Get some new bulbs as my first priority, and get back on track with water changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived