Pod Your Reef

Markushka's 20 Long Rimless Tank

Markushka

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tank is lonely. I'm thinking I'm going to reintroduce the clowns from exile tonight, I've just ben really busy. Maybe even some pictures will be posted.... depends if I can fix my router tonight too...

• 2 weeks later...

Well the water has been mixing since yesterday, so theres nothing stopping me from doing the WC, pictures however, well that will depend if my internet works at home.

Well the water has been mixing since yesterday, so theres nothing stopping me from doing the WC, pictures however, well that will depend if my internet works at home.

ah...see? Already a prophylactic excuse for lack of pichurs.

Fine, but please do the damn WC mkay?

• 2 weeks later...

The masses want pics!

Power went out for a day, 'hurricane' didn't really hit New Brunswick hard, but with out heat, my poor fishies froze :/ Most of the coral are looking OK, but I don't really want to look at the tank right now naturally.

The masses will have to wait... the tank looks nasty right now, mid-terms season is no time for saltwater reefing... -_-

+1 to that. I slacked off during midterms and some nasties started showing up.

Really sorry you lost your fish in the power outage. I live in MN and its not uncommon for the power to go out in the middle of winter (yay fallen tree branches and blizzards). I've had it go out for a few hours before and I dread the day the power goes out and doesn't come back on for a day or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Pics after work, if I can find em in the tank! I cleaned the glass and redid the scape a bit too. Time to start turning this tank around, altho despite all the neglect it'd not looking bad at all.

So I've been thinking lately, I need to replace my T5 bulb and I could drop like 80 dollars on new ones, or I could spend the same and get a bunch of 4 or 5w LEDs but then I'd need to build a fixture for them. Decisions decisions.. Also some better picture coming tonight... :D

So I've been thinking lately, I need to replace my T5 bulb and I could drop like 80 dollars on new ones, or I could spend the same and get a bunch of 4 or 5w LEDs but then I'd need to build a fixture for them. Decisions decisions.. Also some better picture coming tonight... :D

DIY LEDS? Sounds good!

SAM_0545.JPG

SAM_0547.JPG

Left Side

SAM_0548.JPG

Right Side

SAM_0549.JPG

Palys

SAM_0550.JPG

Hermit

Not quite DIY LEDs, I was thinking 10 or 12 GU10 bulbs and then some sort of custom mounting. I\'ll have to see what I can pull together, probably over winter break.

Archived