ReefCleaners.org

Markushka's 20 Long Rimless Tank

Markushka

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A guy in maine shipped me some eggs. Haven't seen any for sale in the last month, looks like they could be out of season for now. hopefully i'll be able to breed these guys down the road.

That is just awesome!

Thanks.

Now if I could just get the inspiration for a scape for the damn thing. Then I surely think I have a winner on my hands :D

but yeah these guys are so cool. I wish I could shoot a video. maybe i'll try fiddling with the camera.

animalmaster6

Search "Greatest nano Aquascapes Thread". Click on the one tha has like around 7-14 pages. It was made by ReefDreamz. Part of my 125g aquascape was modded from parts of nanos.

gulfsurfer101

Hacksaw helps to flatten out rocks also. Those are some wild creatures. I didn't know they were that tiny. I'll be following along to see how your scape turns out andwhat direction you decide to take.

This is the result of my week away in philly. :o

... its as I feared. the cuttels are all MIA :tears:

while I was away last week a flower nem I got in two weeks before disintegrated. I had an ammonia spike. when I tested It was .02ppm last night it looked like .01ppm and I hope It'll be all gone when I test tonight. I poured in some ammobuster to neutralize the ammonia the first day and did a wc, as well as tossing in some carbon.

I also moved the tank from my desk to the basement and it's all cloudy from the sand being kicked up.

all in all the death toll looks like:

1x flower nem

3-4X cuttles (maybe they're still there, just hiding)

1x chiton (maybe he's alive and just stressed from the move)

1x FW angel (this wasn't the flower nems fault)

mandarins looked stressed, and I was afraid I was gonna lose the female. she was swimming in circles at the top. the look better now. most of the corals looked POd still.

cpu trouble is that mac is being a #####. just trying to upgrade to 10.6 and its a pita.

hopefully everything starts looking better tomorrow.

animalmaster6

The whole sump is 45 gallons and the fuge is 15 gallons. The fuge is in the middle and is in between the skimmer pump and return section. Would the cuttles go over the little barricade? I believe I can only have crabs and macros. No Fish (I know cuttles aren't fish)

It'd be too small for a cuttle imo. they get to 4". It depends on the baffles but they don't try to escape like octopi.

OK socal, but its not looking too hot atm.

Me too. heres some pics:

I need to get around to scapeing still, it's been a bit disheartening tho with the recent loses.

DSC_0001.JPG

the feeders were added today and are gonna be moved to another tank tomorrow. I was just to lazy to do it today.

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

the fungia, i'm trying to rehabilitate for a friend.

DSC_0004.JPG

can you find the byropis? should be easier than finding waldo.

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

Female mandarin. the male was being reclusive.

All the tanks: Lights out & Flash

DSC_0035.JPG

The little 10g is FW and this is still a work in progress. I'll make a separate thread for the entire build and keep this strictly contest. so no more bout that here :P

gulfsurfer101

No effin way the cuttle fish are gone. That bites it hard bro. Me and my wife were looking foward to seeing more of them. She wanted me to get one before I ever even heard of them and when I researched them I researched the wrong ones because I read they got to be 3 feet in the wild and I was like f%$#% no I'm not buying a bigger tank for one of those things. Hope things will turn around for you.

Yeah its depressing. I'm gonna go look at the tank in a few to see if they just hid really well. Before I left, I gave my friend one of my cuttles cause his second died. Now i'm really wishing i'd given them all to him to hold. We're hoping to get a pair from the two cuttles now, or i'll have to find some more eggs.

Archived