Coral Vue Hydros

Nanoty's clownfish pron thread

nanoty

i'll let you know how much trouble they are worth. hehe

i got a bubble for each of my pairs. whats cool is they only go in them at night. well, only the females do.

you gonna use pots or tiles?

Picked up pots the other day. I may experiment later on with tiles or cones.

your setup sounds like a plan, but if i were you i would go a little bigger, i have 40 breeders divided into 3 sections and they are barely enough room imo, but yeah the 40 breeder for a sump is a great idea,thats what i run filled up 11 inches high for my skimmer and enough when i get power outs, as for heaters i now use 2 250 watt marineland pros incase more blizzards come along, learned my lesson last week when we got blasted with snow!! tank couldn't hold up with one heater! controller is also a great idea as i need to order me one here soon, cause you never know when those heaters go out, sucks trust me i lost a awsome onyx pair due to this!! other than that you sound like you got a great idea on how you want your setup,as you go along youll adjust your setup, make sure you get a great skimmer and a turbo twist uv sterlizer..... as for anemones, i would skip on those cause it's another problem you have to deal with and with all the feeding trust me your water quality will fluctuate, no matter what and anemones hate that, did it done it so im just saying from my experience, pots and or tiles will work alot faster!!! goodluck and pm me if you ever have any questions or need advice, i know abit!!! :D

oh forgot to add, look into the quietone pumps, they are awsome, cool running and not high priced!!! i use 1pump split up into 3 sections per 40 breeder(quietone 4000) and they have the perfect flow!!!

I had a quiet one pump that I bought used. It wasn't very quiet lol but could have been because it was well used. I will check out all the options and I'm not against used pumps as long as they are good ones I can trust.

Damn I'm ready for those clowns, lol. Hope you don't mind holding them for me.

On another note, I picked up two unused 40 breeders and an unused 20L from a local reefer today, still have stickers on all of them. Not sure if I will need all 3 tanks but I am planning to used one breeder for a sump and not sure what to do with the others. I will hold onto them for a while in case something comes up.

2011-02-10_11-25-27_458.jpg

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got pots too. i had a breeder give me a good idea with the pots. he took a dremel tool and cut about 1/4 off the pot so it stands and doesnt roll around. also he caulked the bottom that he cut so it slides better and wont scratch the crap out of the bottom and possibly break apart either. i can snap a pic if you like. i did this for mine as well.

i got pots too. i had a breeder give me a good idea with the pots. he took a dremel tool and cut about 1/4 off the pot so it stands and doesnt roll around. also he caulked the bottom that he cut so it slides better and wont scratch the crap out of the bottom and possibly break apart either. i can snap a pic if you like. i did this for mine as well.

Sounds cool, shoot me some pics if you can.

I decided it was easier to start breeding kids. I don't get near as many out of each clutch but they tend to sell for a better price.

Actually, let this be a lesson to all you soon to be parents out there. If your 2 year old quits making noise for a few minutes, it's time to go check on them.

At least the tanks are getting some use in the mean time.

PART951297826976248.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I know and apologize. We have been preoccupied with the baby (due in may) and a few things that have come up. Things are looking better or at least we are trying to stay positive through the situation.

On a brighter note, I am traveling to San Antonio this weekend to pick up a new pair (B&W and snowflake) as well as a female onyx and another clown for Kim so I need to get cracking on this setup. I do have a holding tank setup for the fish I am getting but running out of room fast.

I know and apologize. We have been preoccupied with the baby (due in may) and a few things that have come up. Things are looking better or at least we are trying to stay positive through the situation.

On a brighter note, I am traveling to San Antonio this weekend to pick up a new pair (B&W and snowflake) as well as a female onyx and another clown for Kim so I need to get cracking on this setup. I do have a holding tank setup for the fish I am getting but running out of room fast.

HURRY HURRY.... LOL

congrats on the new arrival... after my second i got snipped.. first kid was a suprise at 19. hehe

quiet is bad when having little ones. mine are 16 and 12 now and silence is great!

i watched a movie called "life as we know it" with katherine Hiegl and Josh Duhmels where tier best friends doe and and they inherit their kid. the kids crying and they are freaking out. i had to stop watching it cause i was having flashbacks especially when the kid wouldn't stop crying and they had to drive her around. im only 36 and i couldnt handle another kid. haha

you will like Rudy's clowns. i got a snowflake male / aussie female combo from him and they are georgous. you won't be dissapointed.

he has some nice clowns. if i could afford it i would buy his plat pair.

FishEyeAquaculture
Ha.. that's awesome - That's when I'm the most nervous, when it's tooooo quiet in the house. They are always up to something.

Ugh, I know that feeling. It hits me once I realize it's too quite.......something is always on its way to being broken....ore someone is poopin' :P

Sorry, I was really busy getting everyone situated when I got home this afternoon. Lani came and picked hers up thankfully because I would have been a nervous wreck holding someone elses fish. The pair I originally paid Rudy for is chilling in the biocube I had set up for them. I also picked up a pretty onyx female that I intended on plopping in the 90g with my misbars who have always got along with other clowns. Apparently they didn't like this one because they chased her around until I finally pulled her back out.

She is spending the night in a 5g bucket with a heater and airstone but will have her own 10g tomorrow until I can plumb up the breeding tanks. Damn I need to get to work.

nice meeting you ty, glad you and kim are happy with the clowns. if you need more just pm me and if you have any questions you know im here!!! thanks again good luck on your breeding venture!!!

nice meeting you ty, glad you and kim are happy with the clowns. if you need more just pm me and if you have any questions you know im here!!! thanks again good luck on your breeding venture!!!

Thanks Rudy, it was nice to meet you as well. I would have love to bought more but as it is I am out of room for the time being. Perhaps in the near future. Thanks again for working with me and holding the fish so long. I know you didn't want to and I don't blame you lol.

Thanks Rudy, it was nice to meet you as well. I would have love to bought more but as it is I am out of room for the time being. Perhaps in the near future. Thanks again for working with me and holding the fish so long. I know you didn't want to and I don't blame you lol.
it was not a big deal, thanks again and when your ready let me know!!!

Soooo, since I couldn't take a clear picture of a white wall if my life depended on it I decided you will have to suffer through some cell phone videos of the new clowns.

Should have a return pump on the way in a few days and picking up the skimmer this weekend. Really just need heaters and some plumbing to get rolling.

Anyways, blah.

Snowflake/B&W pair, resting comfortably in their temporary biocube. Water looks like hell cause I cleaned the glass to get the vid real quick and there are a lot of floaties.

Its a video, click on it....

th_2011-02-28_20-06-21_95.jpg

Wife just took a bunch of pics of the onyx female (she actually knows what she is doing) and I am going to upload them. Until then here is video of her.

th_2011-02-28_20-05-57_97.jpg

Ok, lights went out on the Biocube before the wife could take some pics of them but she did get some of the onyx, here they be.

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

My fav

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

Man they are all nice but that last one ------ WANT!

Thanks, she is a pretty one and Rudy gave me a great deal on it her. I need to scare her up an onyx male somewhere, anyone know where I can get an onyx juvi? Anyone? Kim? :P

She's a beaut! :happy:

And lol, ya know I'll hook you up with one of my babies when they're big enough, shouldn't be long before some of them are 1", unless you want to wait until they're a little bigger?

She's a beaut! :happy:

And lol, ya know I'll hook you up with one of my babies when they're big enough, shouldn't be long before some of them are 1", unless you want to wait until they're a little bigger?

I have no idea how the best way to do it is, lol. I would think males would be ready to roll around 12 months or so and they should be ok together when the juvie is around 6 months or 1", whichever is first.

What are the percentages of onyx thrown by full onyx parents? When do you know which are going to be which?

What are the percentages of onyx thrown by full onyx parents? When do you know which are going to be which?

Well, Rudy said that he was seeing 3 out of 10 babies grow out with the onyx coloration from this pair I have and it didn't appear until they were around 9 months of age... but I already have at least one that is showing onyx at just 2 months of age..

Archived