• Created
  • Last Reply
My wife won't even feed my fish...

Yeah but she's hot right?

I want bbq.

Then go get some damnit!!

Where's my brisket!!!!!

Pork ribs FTW.

Looks good, they should work well for broodstock tanks. You could prob go with a 50gal stock tub for the sump. Use BRT's for growout, you need a rack for phyto, etc.

Thanks, I'll have to look at the stock tanks and see which size will work best. I was hoping to do a 100-150g but I might need the extra room.

I'll be working on the growout and phyto culture stations later as things progress. I am putting most of my efforts into the broodstock system in the mean time.

I'm ready for dinner.

Meh, me too.

On an actual on topic subject. I inspected the tanks a little closer today and discovered a few things. First, I might not need to resilicone all of them although I wonder if I should. They actually have black silicone (for some reason) but I would go back with clear. Next, the dividers are actually glass and not acrylic like I thought. I was going to remove them and replace them with black acrylic but I am not sure now. I want them black so the broodstock pairs cannot see one another but not sure what the best way is. Any thoughts?

Also, you can't imagine how awesome it is to have all of these tanks already drilled and all of the plumbing included. It is saving me tons of money and more importantly my time and sanity from drilling 6 holes in 4 tanks. I am such a lucky bastard for falling into this and having such badass local club members. I owe him big.

Thanks, I'll have to look at the stock tanks and see which size will work best. I was hoping to do a 100-150g but I might need the extra room.

U know Im tryin to sell the old 180........../hint /hint /shove /shove :lol:

This is going to be cool when its up and going :bowdown:

Thanks, I wish I didn't suck at sketch up so bad so I could do my stand drawings.

U know Im tryin to sell the old 180........../hint /hint /shove /shove :lol:

Yeah I saw. Probably a little more fuge than I need,lol.

You could paint the glass dividers, but might be safer to just remove them and get black acrylic.

Thought about that but I'm worried about it coming off if I have to scrape the glass for some reason. May go ahead with the black acrylic. Removable would be nice but I don't want to get too crazy.

Well aren't we a busy bee :P

what a great deal on the tanks Ty...I am def following this. I have a club member friend that breeds clowns and her house looks like a mad lab lol

BTW my RBTA split ;)

Well aren't we a busy bee :P

what a great deal on the tanks Ty...I am def following this. I have a club member friend that breeds clowns and her house looks like a mad lab lol

BTW my RBTA split ;)

Shipping to 77619?

:D

What pump are you planning to use for your return and how do you plan on plumbing it.. I mean it looks like each section has it's own return. Are you planning on one feed line to each system breaking off to the 3 individual sections?

What pump are you planning to use for your return and how do you plan on plumbing it.. I mean it looks like each section has it's own return. Are you planning on one feed line to each system breaking off to the 3 individual sections?

The pump I am not sure about at the moment. It will most likely be overpowered and I will put a ball valve with a kickback to the sump to contol excess flow. The oversized pump is in case I need to add more tanks to the same system.

The plumbing is still in planning since I am still not sure how I am going to do the tanks. Most likely, since the space I have isn't wide enough for two 48" tanks side by side, they will be stacked. However I am not ruling out an "L" configuration in the corner. It really depends on however I can set it all up to maximize space and still have easy access to everything.

That being said, the most likely configuration is to have a main header for all the drains to drain into that will empty into the sump and likewise there will be a main header for each lever for the the returns with idividual ball valve to help control flow to each section of the tanks.

That is about as far as I am now. I think I am going to concentrate on the tanks right now and then tackle the overall layout secondary. As an extremly wild ass timeline prediciton I'm going to guess around late May for final setup.

Shipping to 77619?

:D

You want it for realz! B)

I will let it heal for a week or so and get back with you ;)

I have never shipped a anemone before...can't be much different than shipping any other coral.

Thanks, I wish I didn't suck at sketch up so bad so I could do my stand drawings.

Yeah I saw. Probably a little more fuge than I need,lol.

Thought about that but I'm worried about it coming off if I have to scrape the glass for some reason. May go ahead with the black acrylic. Removable would be nice but I don't want to get too crazy.

Why not silicone magnets to the black acrylic and silicone magnets to the glass dividers.. This way you can remove the acrylic out if you ever want to. It's not permanent.

You want it for realz! B)

I will let it heal for a week or so and get back with you ;)

I have never shipped a anemone before...can't be much different than shipping any other coral.

Well, we can try, lol.

Wow! that's crazy! I never would have thought of shipping an anemone dry with no H20 :o:huh:

Yeah I don't know about that.

Why not silicone magnets to the black acrylic and silicone magnets to the glass dividers.. This way you can remove the acrylic out if you ever want to. It's not permanent.

That's a pretty good idea.

Wow! that's crazy! I never would have thought of shipping an anemone dry with no H20 :o:huh:

Hey just had a brain fart in the shower! I wonder if John Maloney has any ideas on this if you are serious about shipping the nem. If you contact him about it I would be interested in his answer.

Just silicon some thin black acrylic to the dividers.You could do both sides if you are worried about looks.

Most likely I will do something like this. I don't know if it's worth it to pull the glass completely out. The only way I can see that is if I have to resilicone the entire tank.

Most likely I will do something like this. I don't know if it's worth it to pull the glass completely out. The only way I can see that is if I have to resilicone the entire tank.

More pics pls.

More pics pls.

Of the tanks sitting in my garage? :lol:

I could post a few pics of my clowns I have so far. Perhaps tomorrow.

Archived