Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanoty's clownfish pron thread

nanoty

Well, Rudy said that he was seeing 3 out of 10 babies grow out with the onyx coloration from this pair I have and it didn't appear until they were around 9 months of age... but I already have at least one that is showing onyx at just 2 months of age..

Coolio, pick me out a nice, healthy, big one and let me know when I can pick him up, lol. When it's old enough of course.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i first tried to introduce my snow to the female he is with now last year - she didn't accept him.

I learned a couple of tricks since so if you have problems - let me know.

I think "Spot" would be a good mate for this one! :P

GLASS TANKS :oomgomgomg

Acrylic grows better fish, and kids cant smash them. JJ

I can get 1/8 black. Thats it. Good prices you know that.

Well in my defense I got a pretty decent deal on them. Dont worry, I'll be calling you about a tank eventually :)

PMed you back about the acrylic.

ill have some males ready next week if your interested in one!! also completly forgot to show you some really nice breeder tanks you and kim would be interested in, very nicely built and reefready , give you a deal on those!!! lmk ty

ill have some males ready next week if your interested in one!! also completly forgot to show you some really nice breeder tanks you and kim would be interested in, very nicely built and reefready , give you a deal on those!!! lmk ty

OMG Rudy you're killing me........send pics of both please.

Need halp!

Still deciding on two things for the breeding setup. Controller and heaters.

I have a pretty good idea what controller I am going with but still need heaters. Unfotunately I don't trust any of them. I have had many (and still use) visitherm stealths despite the problems everyone has had but dont want to use them on this. I will need to heat around 100g and the heater will be attached to the controller for extra security. Cost isnt an issue on this part, I just want the absolute best, most reliable heater there is. Any thoughts?

im using a RKE on my clown system. i just bought a used reef angel and i want to get it up and running and use it possibly on the broodstock system of the growouts.

and i am using the marineland heaters which i dont trust too much, but i had 2 old ones that i traded in for the new ones. thats the only reason i am using them. on my QT system i have the theo heaters on that. i like the theo ones and never had one fail on me yet.

If your as slow ordering as you are at putting water in a tank I'm gonna have to get my 20 month old son to build you next tank :P My hands wont be steady enough when I'm that old.

I dont know if you wanna plumb in a heater but I've had an Eheim inline heater for 9 years. That thing is spot on. It holds my 30 gallon perfect. It actually held it at 82 for 5 days when the house was at 30'. I didnt even have blankets on the tank. It just had plants in it so I was kinda testing it. You know ice storm, had to test the Genny.

If your as slow ordering as you are at putting water in a tank I'm gonna have to get my 20 month old son to build you next tank :P My hands wont be steady enough when I'm that old.

I dont know if you wanna plumb in a heater but I've had an Eheim inline heater for 9 years. That thing is spot on. It holds my 30 gallon perfect. It actually held it at 82 for 5 days when the house was at 30'. I didnt even have blankets on the tank. It just had plants in it so I was kinda testing it. You know ice storm, had to test the Genny.

Boy this is a tough crowd. I like to take my time :P

Haven't really thought about an inline heater. May have to check on them.

^ pot

< kettle

lol everyones tough on ya huh!!! take your time it's all worth it to do it right the first time!!! im gonna post pics of those tanks for you in a bit,,, they are awsome! ill post pics of my new broodstock system as well! freakish awsome....lol

lol everyones tough on ya huh!!! take your time it's all worth it to do it right the first time!!! im gonna post pics of those tanks for you in a bit,,, they are awsome! ill post pics of my new broodstock system as well! freakish awsome....lol

Can't wait to see. I generally stay in the planning/building mode until everyone gets bored and quits paying attention and then I finish it.

Anywho, working out the plumbing right now (in my head and on paper). I wish they make a more flexible, yet kink resistant, vinyl tubing. I find it difficult to soft plumb with larger ID tubing especially in tight spots with many connections like I will probably see with this system.

Here is a list of stuff for the build:

Mag 24 (in the mail)

Octopus recirc skimmer (picking up tomorrow)

40 breeder sump (sitting in fish room)

Twin 200w Jager heaters OR 500w JBJ True Temp heater (need to order, can't decide, thoughts?)

Single 48" T5 light per tank (need to order ballast/endcaps)

Aqua Controller APEX with wireless game adapter for online control and email alerts (need to order, wife's idea :))

Any thoughts, concerns, racist jokes?

This thread is useless without water. The only liquid I've seen from Ty in this thread is three gallons of Honda motor oil. :P

I dont have any other thoughts, concerns, or racist jokes. But I can tell you a good one about reefscavengers.com Oh dauym I just let the punch line out.

This thread is useless without water.

Let me restate,

3 year old

pregnant wife

60 hours a week at work

building a jeep in the garage

fishing is just getting good

:P

So my wife ususally takes the pics but she wasn't home. I gave it a shot but they still suck. Anyways, here is the pair I got from Rudy. They weren't laying when I got them but seemed close. They took to the pot immediately and even showed a little cleaning activitiy already. I think they will settle right in when the broodstock setup is done and with a little conditioning should be throwing some nice clowns.

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

I also got some decent work done on the broodstock setup. The upper tank is higher than I had wanted but I made some sacrifice to have the sump on a shelf of its own and plenty of room between tanks. I will deal with a small step up ladder if needed.

I hope you appreciate the fact that although my laundry/fish room is very long it isn't very wide and I am actually standing on the sink and counter to get as much in the shot as possible.

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

Check out the awesome setup I had to throw together for the onyx.

IMG_1717.jpg

OMG, there is way too much crap in my fish room.

IMG_1718.jpg

Aaaannndd finally the new (used) skimmer I just picked up. Adult beverage for size reference......and consumption.

IMG_1721.jpg

where did you get the metal stands from? they are pretty nice. how wide are they? i would love something like that that can hold my 2 48" breeding tanks.

Gorilla Racks one of your home improvement stores should have them mine are 8' long. I added a center brace for the 8' span. One day I will post some pics.

Archived