inTank Media Baskets

Nanoty's clownfish pron thread

nanoty

Of the tanks sitting in my garage? :lol:

I could post a few pics of my clowns I have so far. Perhaps tomorrow.

haha no more pics of the tanks sitting in your garage... Hurry up and get it setup :lol:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be moving my setup date forward some. I'm thinking I should get this setup fairly quickly so I can aquire the rest of the fish as soon as possible. Probably won't have the money I need to do everything I want right up front so I need to design it so I can add on later. Ill work on a system description toninght and see what I can come up with.

So I'm setting up my clownfish breeding setup using a rubbermaid stock tank as a refugium. I was going to purchase a new one but realized today that my grandmother has one at her old house (was destroyed by hurricane Ike) that she was using as a filter for her koi pond. I believe it is 150g like the one I wanted to use and since the house is gone there is no use for it.

Just curious on what everyone thought about cleaning it up and using it for the clownfish setup. If you think it could be used what would you use and how would you clean it?

Where do you get the black acrylic? All I can find is clear...My husband tried drilling holes in a sheet of it so I could use it to divide my 37 gallon so I could keep 2 pairs of clowns in it, but it shattered around the holes. Drill bit was sharp. Do we need a special type?

pismo_reefer
Just curious on what everyone thought about cleaning it up and using it for the clownfish setup. If you think it could be used what would you use and how would you clean it?

70g's of water, 5g's of Vineger, and a Pool scrubber brush.

;)

Id just run it as one HUGE refugium,

with a smaller sectioned off part for a skimmer and whatnots.

70g's of water, 5g's of Vineger, and a Pool scrubber brush.

;)

Id just run it as one HUGE refugium,

with a smaller sectioned off part for a skimmer and whatnots.

Wait....

Did I win? :huh:

This project has epic win written all over it.

Er, sorry. Had a nice long post after your quote but apparently my phone decided not to post it.

Anyways, just (literally) got back into town from camping. Decided to buy a new tub for the sump since I don't want to chance hundreds of dollars worth of broodstock on a $75 tub. Working on aquiring more equipment for the project and HOPEFULLY get to work on it next weekend.

In the meantime my picassos are getting bigger every day and eating like pigs. My misbars are also pigs and eat anything and everything. They seem to be very close to wanting to spawn and probably would have already had they not been in a reef tank.

Next weekend is the local beach cleanup but I should be able to jack with it Sunday.

Whatother clownfish species are you planning on breeding?

Right now it depends on what broodstock I can aquire. For sure percus, ocy and clarkii. I have 2 pair of "picassos" and one pair of black and white misbars.

This is going to be awesome!

I love Clarkii Clowns, they are too aggressive though :(

Hence why I don't own a pair, lol.

pismo_reefer

Hope you had fun camping, 'ty....

Smart move getting a new tub. Some of us aren't that bright. :lol:

Sorry your phone ate yer post as well.

Cant wait to see this venture come to fruition.

i may be getting soem fiches from you in the not-so-distant future.

:happy:

edit: There's a local guy that breeds "bullhead Ocellaris". They almost always come out with "bull horn" markings on the heads.... just throwin' it out there.

Hope you had fun camping, 'ty....

Smart move getting a new tub. Some of us aren't that bright. :lol:

Sorry your phone ate yer post as well.

Cant wait to see this venture come to fruition.

i may be getting soem fiches from you in the not-so-distant future.

:happy:

edit: There's a local guy that breeds "bullhead Ocellaris". They almost always come out with "bull horn" markings on the heads.... just throwin' it out there.

Camping trip was sweet. Had a great time with the family.

About to pull the trigger on some equipment from a NR member and need to get to town and pick up my tub this weekend. Most likely going with wood 2x4s for stands instead of metal due to rediculous metal costs around here right now and should be able to pick that up soon as well and get started.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually no. I just got back from fire fighting school for my fire responder certification at my terminal so I've been tied up. I hope to start the "real" work tomorrow afternoon. On a side note, liquid natural gas fires are really hot........

Woo! I like fire.

Also, hi.

Howdy.

I'm a fire bug myself but a couple guys in my class don't like it anymore. They got caught in a flash fire and one had some 2nd degree burns to his face and arms. Pretty bad when skin starts to come off immediately. Also, gross.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived