Cultivated Reef

Ricordea Group Buy! $6 per polyp!

escaudio

Sorry people, had a major breakdown in communication along the way. I promise I will resolve all issues. Please be patient with me going through some really rough times on the homefront, but still working on getting this straightened up. Thanks!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no offense on the name calling, but i call it how i see it. unfortunately you're kinda stupid for jumping into a GB that was said from the start there was no guarantee on what would be rec'd, when you claim to get a better product for pennies more. Common sense would have told ME, stick with what is good.

Easy there rookie, I just figured I would give this GB a shot since the seller had good feedback. No, honestly, I'm lying, I got in on this GB simply because my friend asked me to. I only invested $60 into this which is less than dinner with the family at Chili's so I'm not really sweating it. I'm not trying to get a refund, nor am I even remotely upset about what I got. And I honestly couldn't care less about the 75 cent per ric discount or whatever it is that you guys are worried about now. I'm fully aware of how GB's work, this isn't my first rodeo.

My point was just that overall I had a MUCH better experience with another seller and that is all. If you're cool with mediocre corals at great prices then more power to you, there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe I just have higher standards? Idk, you're the one that's got me pegged, you tell me?

here's my fav Ric that i got :) Almost center of the rock. And boy does my camera make the colors different.

I see blue and green, probably just the camera though.

Lol, I just re-read the OP. You're right, there isn't a guarantee, but it says that the guy recieved yellows, oranges, rainbows, pink w/ orange polka dots, etc. It says nothing about the fact that some of us would be recieving plain jane blues and greens. I'd be willing to bet that we would've had a tough time getting to 20 polyps, much less 200 if that were the case.

No offense to the seller, or whoever it was that organized the GB. I really didn't pay much attention to any of this since my friend handled the whole thing and I truly appreciate your efforts. I was just proving a point with the above statement.

$6 a polyp random colors no cherry picking. Last time I ordered 25 I got 3 orange, 2 yellow, one pink, alot of rainbows, and blue, and green!!

Umm actually it does say blue and green. No one can be held responsible for the conditions in FL I do not personally understand how weather effects ricordea, but this is what I was told. Three people have confirmed that it does have to do with the "extreme" weather conditions in FL. I wish it would have gone better but for $6 each I would buy green and blue all day.

"Lol, I just re-read the OP. You're right, there isn't a guarantee, but it says that the guy recieved yellows, oranges, rainbows, pink w/ orange polka dots, etc. It says nothing about the fact that some of us would be recieving plain jane blues and greens. I'd be willing to bet that we would've had a tough time getting to 20 polyps, much less 200 if that were the case."

Sorry yours sucked but I have read about studies that link peoples attitude to how their tanks react. So if your attitude sucks.......... :P

Umm actually it does say blue and green. No one can be held responsible for the conditions in FL I do not personally understand how weather effects ricordea, but this is what I was told. Three people have confirmed that it does have to do with the "extreme" weather conditions in FL. I wish it would have gone better but for $6 each I would buy green and blue all day.

"Lol, I just re-read the OP. You're right, there isn't a guarantee, but it says that the guy recieved yellows, oranges, rainbows, pink w/ orange polka dots, etc. It says nothing about the fact that some of us would be recieving plain jane blues and greens. I'd be willing to bet that we would've had a tough time getting to 20 polyps, much less 200 if that were the case."

Sorry yours sucked but I have read about studies that link peoples attitude to how their tanks react. So if your attitude sucks.......... :P

Wow, really? How does my attitude suck? I clearly stated that I wasn't all that concerned with what I got, just wanted to state that I guess I expected a little better.

You know what, screw it I'm tired of taking the high road here. The rics I got were garbage. In fact, so far I haven't even been able to GIVE THEM AWAY. Of the 10 I recieved I wouldn't pay $20 for the lot had I seen them first. Not one is larger than a quarter, the colors on the ones that aren't bleached suck (yeah, 3 of them arrived bleached)

Look around the threads I post in, I'm really not one to b!tch and i really didn't intend to here. However, if that's how it comes across it's okay because it is definitely justified.

Shall I post pics?

Wow, really? How does my attitude suck? I clearly stated that I wasn't all that concerned with what I got, just wanted to state that I guess I expected a little better.

You know what, screw it I'm tired of taking the high road here. The rics I got were garbage. In fact, so far I haven't even been able to GIVE THEM AWAY. Of the 10 I recieved I wouldn't pay $20 for the lot had I seen them first. Not one is larger than a quarter, the colors on the ones that aren't bleached suck (yeah, 3 of them arrived bleached)

Look around the threads I post in, I'm really not one to b!tch and i really didn't intend to here. However, if that's how it comes across it's okay because it is definitely justified.

Shall I post pics?

i'll take them if you're local.

I really was hoping to receive some extra since i ended up eating some of people that bailed, shipping fees. we order 64, got 64 on the dot. No big deal but, you know how it goes.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the whole GB, but hey.. We all threw in cash on a blind offer not knowing what we would get and some of us got luckier than others. It kind of comes with the territory. How about instead of being childish you put them in your tank, drink a beer and wait a week or two to see if they color up.

Brian did a great job with the amount of people he had to wrangle these ricordeas for, so at least give him some credit there.

Sorry to hear that Glennr1978. I love coral morphologic!!!! How did you get them so cheap from them?

Hello, I expressed that I was sorry yours werent favorable for you. The only reason I said your attitude sucked was because I already appologized and you went on about it. I put a smiley, which to me implies a light hearted comment, not to be taken as an attack. Please accept another apology from the bottom of my heart. I was also a little less than thrilled with the colors but it does'nt help for me to share that with anyone. Sorry for the misunderstanding with my last post Glenn.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the whole GB, but hey.. We all threw in cash on a blind offer not knowing what we would get and some of us got luckier than others. It kind of comes with the territory. How about instead of being childish you put them in your tank, drink a beer and wait a week or two to see if they color up.

Brian did a great job with the amount of people he had to wrangle these ricordeas for, so at least give him some credit there.

There's nothing childish about posting feedback. Sometimes it may not be positive, but should be posted anyway.

I completely agree, from what I can tell the GB went very smooth overall. I'm not knocking anyone involved, simply stating my personal experience.

Hello, I expressed that I was sorry yours werent favorable for you. The only reason I said your attitude sucked was because I already appologized and you went on about it. I put a smiley, which to me implies a light hearted comment, not to be taken as an attack. Please accept another apology from the bottom of my heart. I was also a little less than thrilled with the colors but it does'nt help for me to share that with anyone. Sorry for the misunderstanding with my last post Glenn.

No harm no foul, my friend. I must have mistakenly grouped you with the other guy that says I'm stupid or whatever. Sorry about that.

i'll take them if you're local.

I'm not.

I ordered 15 and received 15 - I wanted them because I have a pair of pederson's anemone shrimp and they will also host ricordea. They immediately left the LR and now reside in the field of rics. I am completely satisifed with my ric order.

The zoas I added are a different story but - lesson learned.

No harm no foul, my friend. I must have mistakenly grouped you with the other guy that says I'm stupid or whatever. Sorry about that.

like I said before, if you had a sure thing set up for pennies more, you are dumb for taking a gamble. If i were you, I would be able to admit it, but you cant. I really do wish I had places I could get stuff below retail, but I don't and this GB offered a discounted price to me, I took it and I am happy with the results.

As far as my camera comment, they look a lot different to my naked eye than what the camera took. I have a DSLR that I am still learning to use with the various settings they offer up. Want to teach me how to photograph things?

And as far as being a rookie, sure...I am a rookie on this site and to nanos, but I have owned saltwater tanks for about 13 years now. thanks for your concern.

I really was hoping to receive some extra since i ended up eating some of people that bailed, shipping fees. we order 64, got 64 on the dot. No big deal but, you know how it goes.

That sucks man, I didnt know that people bailed.

The quality and quantity of the zoa frags was sub-standard. Pics don't quite match the product on most. As a matter of fact, one of the frag plugs had a small chunk of LR but nothing else. Others look fresh cut as the polyps are not opening and look stressed. I have shipped zoas for many years using priority mail and they ship just fine. These got to me overnight and are stressed and melting? Out of 7 frags only one looks healthy - and it was unmounted.

Just voicing my position, no harm intended. I'm chalking this up to experience.....

That sucks man, I didnt know that people bailed.

yea, i was prepared for it though. I was just hoping to get an extra one. how's the rics doing?

like I said before, if you had a sure thing set up for pennies more, you are dumb for taking a gamble. If i were you, I would be able to admit it, but you cant. I really do wish I had places I could get stuff below retail, but I don't and this GB offered a discounted price to me, I took it and I am happy with the results.

As far as my camera comment, they look a lot different to my naked eye than what the camera took. I have a DSLR that I am still learning to use with the various settings they offer up. Want to teach me how to photograph things?

And as far as being a rookie, sure...I am a rookie on this site and to nanos, but I have owned saltwater tanks for about 13 years now. thanks for your concern.

Okay... As I've stated numerous times now, I couldn't care less about what I got. I did however, feel it was necessary to state that what I recieved was sub-par, (just keeping things in perspective, know what I mean?) and I tried to do so while still respecting the seller and the people / person that organized the GB. For some reason that seems to have offended you. Whatever, I couldn't care less about that either.

You may not be a pro with the camera, neither am I but I can spot mediocre corals when I see them. You can blame it on your camera all you want, but you got the same rics I did. FYI, I actually shoot my pics with an iphone and they don't turn out too bad. Not top notch, but they get the job done as far as I'm concerned.

Lol, I may be "dumb" for taking this "gamble", what can I say I'm a risk taker ;) . FYI, anyone can place an order with coralmorphologic. They offer ric packs on a pretty regular basis. Considering you've been keeping saltwater tanks for so long, you probably already knew that.

The quality and quantity of the zoa frags was sub-standard. Pics don't quite match the product on most. As a matter of fact, one of the frag plugs had a small chunk of LR but nothing else. Others look fresh cut as the polyps are not opening and look stressed. I have shipped zoas for many years using priority mail and they ship just fine. These got to me overnight and are stressed and melting? Out of 7 frags only one looks healthy - and it was unmounted.

Just voicing my position, no harm intended. I'm chalking this up to experience.....

Be careful, voicing an opinion that isn't the most favorable will bring nothing but insults and ridicule.

I'm going to have to side with glenn on this one. It's true that this was a gamble. But if the supplier were an honest individual (not xiong but the actual suppler) he would have stated that the majority of the rics we would be receiving were blue/purples. Combine all the purchases together and you have at least 200 rics correct? Out of those, at LEAST 180+ are blue/green? Something isn't right with that and a discounted price does not justify a substandard product.

I myself ordered 25 rics to create a nice little rainbow garden, what I got were 25 blue and green rics.

The problem I have with the situation is not that Florida is having a weather problem and that all rics coming out of there are blue/green but the fact that we weren't notified of this prior to the purchase.

It's like the supplier is saying, "oh dang we have all these crappy rics how can we get rid of them? Oh we'll offer a group buy at an insane deal to get rid of our crappy excess stock and not tell anyone what they're really getting".

I would have no problem with the purchase if the supplier notified everyone of this prior to taking our money. But if he had done this, probably half of us wouldn't have bought in the quantities we did.

I want to reinforce that this is not escaudios fault at all, I actually give him props for his helpfulness in the group buy (I purchased mine directly from xiong), I'm just very unhappy with the actual supplier/diver that made a quick buck by unloading unsellable stock on us.

I'm going to have to side with glenn on this one. It's true that this was a gamble. But if the supplier were an honest individual (not xiong but the actual suppler) he would have stated that the majority of the rics we would be receiving were blue/purples. Combine all the purchases together and you have at least 200 rics correct? Out of those, at LEAST 180+ are blue/green? Something isn't right with that and a discounted price does not justify a substandard product.

I myself ordered 25 rics to create a nice little rainbow garden, what I got were 25 blue and green rics.

The problem I have with the situation is not that Florida is having a weather problem and that all rics coming out of there are blue/green but the fact that we weren't notified of this prior to the purchase.

It's like the supplier is saying, "oh dang we have all these crappy rics how can we get rid of them? Oh we'll offer a group buy at an insane deal to get rid of our crappy excess stock and not tell anyone what they're really getting".

I would have no problem with the purchase if the supplier notified everyone of this prior to taking our money. But if he had done this, probably half of us wouldn't have bought in the quantities we did.

I want to reinforce that this is not escaudios fault at all, I actually give him props for his helpfulness in the group buy (I purchased mine directly from xiong), I'm just very unhappy with the actual supplier/diver that made a quick buck by unloading unsellable stock on us.

and that is an excellent reponse that makes more sense.

Archived