SaltCritters.com

Ricordea Group Buy! $6 per polyp!

escaudio

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bunch of babies. You get what you paid for. You people probably return food if it had a bit more pepper than usual. Bunch of spoiled childhoods

Bunch of babies. You get what you paid for. You people probably return food if it had a bit more pepper than usual. Bunch of spoiled childhoods

lol..

Not quite, in fact I still tip well even when the service sucks.

Regardless of how hard I tried to portray the fact that I'm not meaning to b!tch, just stating my experience, it's still not getting across. For the record, if you or anyone else recieved what I did then you would probably be all over the seller trying to get a refund. For me it's just not worth the effort.

I'll post pics a little later to put things in perspective for you guys. I'll be sure to post a FTS as well so you can't blame it on my tank, lol.

If you are complaining about the size or color selection then my comment was for you.

Size does not matter because it will grow. Colors don't matter because its $6 a pop!

Now if they came in off the frag plugs or melting away then I understand how you feel.

Almost all of mine came in detached from the teeny tiny pieces of live rock they were on at one point. They're all attached to rocks now, so they're not in horrible shape. It happens, they came a long way lol.

If you are complaining about the size or color selection then my comment was for you.

Size does not matter because it will grow. Colors don't matter because its $6 a pop!

Now if they came in off the frag plugs or melting away then I understand how you feel.

Well as a matter of fact, 3 HAVE melted away. Colors DO matter or else the GB would have been advertised as "mediocre to sub-par rics $6 per polyp". And regardless of what your girl tells you, size DOES matter. Sorry man, you set that one up, I had to take it lol.

Here's a pic of what's left of what I've recieved. Notice 4 of them are now pretty well bleached.

007-1.jpg

Now here's a pic of what decent looking rics should look like. Yes, these are the ones that I paid ~$7 per polyp for from another seller. I'll refrain from saying their name here any longer just so I don't make anymore waves than I already have. Once and for all, I'M REALLY NOT MEANING TO COMPLAIN, JUST STATING THAT MY EXPERIENCE IN THIS GB WASN'T QUITE WHAT I EXPECTED, and I really didn't expect much, lol.

008-2.jpg

Both pics were taken at the same time with my iphone. Sorry for the lack of quality.

lol

You have a nice tank. Thats all I can say.

Screw it, live and learn right?

Seriously though... You return food right!? ;)

007-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

Both pics were taken at the same time with my iphone. Sorry for the lack of quality.

from the small pics you have shown, your (corner of the) tank looks pretty awesome :) You indeed do have very nice rics, I need to learn more about my camera, because your iPhone pwned my DSLR pics :(

from the small pics you have shown, your (corner of the) tank looks pretty awesome :) You indeed do have very nice rics, I need to learn more about my camera, because your iPhone pwned my DSLR pics :(

Thanks. I've got plenty more pics in my tank thread. The link is in my sig if you want to check it out.

I really didn't expect much, lol.

008-2.jpg

glenn,

If u got those for 7.00 then you are disillusioned, your exapectations r high!!! And they should be. But that's not the norm, what we got r normal 6.00 rics. Better then I expected. It sucks you lost some and some bleached. So far all if mine are fine. I got a lot of double mouths, which means I got some for 3 each if I cut them. You on the other hand are losing some so your price per goes up. Definitely frustrating.

008-2.jpg

glenn,

If u got those for 7.00 then you are disillusioned, your exapectations r high!!! And they should be. But that's not the norm, what we got r normal 6.00 rics. Better then I expected. It sucks you lost some and some bleached. So far all if mine are fine. I got a lot of double mouths, which means I got some for 3 each if I cut them. You on the other hand are losing some so your price per goes up. Definitely frustrating.

What you got and what I got are likely not the same, not even close. There was no disillusion here, I didn't exactly expect equal quality as what I've purchased in the past. If you look at the pic of the rics I recieved you would have to agree that they aren't worth $10, much less $60.

I'm really not sure why so many of you are having issues with understanding my point, I'M JUST STATING MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS GB. I'm not saying you all got screwed, and I'm quite glad that the vast majority are happy with their rics. I however, kinda got the short end of the stick. No big deal.

As it turns out, 3 of my 15 rics are now coloring up and look like rainbows. None have melted. Vast majority are green with 3 blues. I am happy with the rics and so are my pedersen shrimp B)

Note: XiongAquatics has contacted me and is trying to make good on my issue with the zoas. I sincerely appreciate his efforts and have sent pics. I would not expect a vedor to honor their live arrival guarantee because of how the frags change hands during delivery but I have to give him props for trying :)

glenn,

deadhorse.jpg

haven't forgotten if anyone was wondering....

i paid $6 for 10 rics, price dropped to $5.25 per ric leaving a balance of 7.50. Where is either my ric, or my refund. please address this issue ans you haven't up to this point.

if i was in charge of this group buy and everything was shipped to my house first, I'd be tempted to swipe all the nice colorful ones first. And as for extras....i would grab a few of those too.

i'd be really tempted...just saying.... :huh:

Would that be considered ripping everyone else off? Colors weren't guaranteed right? :lol:

if i was in charge of this group buy and everything was shipped to my house first, I'd be tempted to swipe all the nice colorful ones first. And as for extras....i would grab a few of those too.

i'd be really tempted...just saying.... :huh:

Would that be considered ripping everyone else off? Colors weren't guaranteed right? :lol:

That would not be considered ripping anyone else off as many view that $6 a polyp is reasonable no matter what the color.

If anyone does believe that that is indeed ripping them off then they would fall into line with glenn and I but I don't think anyone can really comprehend that point.

I could be wrong but I believe each group was sent their packages directly. If I'm right only myself and another person actually got ours directly from him. So, if that is true there would be no way for him to rip-off anyone. If this is not the case i'm still not sure if that's ripping people off as much as it would be crappy and dishonest. I picked mine up directly from him 3 days after the shipment came in and like I said before I got some pretty decent stuff. I switched over to MH last week and a few of mine are starting to color up and change colors. I would definitely get in on a GB hosted by him again. However, I wouldn't get in on another 6.00 ric GB, I think I have all I need of those. Glenn you need to put together a GB for some of those sweet Coralmorphologic pieces. I'm tired of dropping 15-20.00 a polyp for that quality.

If everyone looks at their shipping labels they were mailed from CA I live in TX. I did'nt see anyone's except the people who shipped theirs with me. Thanks!

I'm not accusing anybody about anything.

I'm just saying i'm greedy and mostly likely would have grabbed all the nice ones if i had the chance.

:mellow:

I'm still trying to please some people, but I had some fun I guess and made a few friends along the way. So I guess in that respect it was great!

Going to be doing a premium ricordea GB soon. No green rics!!!

hurricanefan1281
I'm still trying to please some people, but I had some fun I guess and made a few friends along the way. So I guess in that respect it was great!

Going to be doing a premium ricordea GB soon. No green rics!!!

are the prices going to be the same?

Archived