SaltCritters.com

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

animalmaster6

Those are some NICE tanks.

Bitts, try just saving the message to a photobucket and copying the IMG code and pasting it. If its on Google Images copy the images URL and post it like this:

Always works for me.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats what i've been doning. but about a 1/3 of time its telling me that its an invalid script.

makes me want to through the damn box at something.

oh I actually came in here to post this.

sorry my tanks a disaster from having just moved. the cyano I had all but gotten rid of is back with a vengeance. so no fts till its better. every thing else have has been posted for the most part. on an up side the skimmer is having a field day with the cyano. let it get some patches formed. turkey blast them to hell & watch the foam triple in thickness. think it will be a week nor two before the dsb come's back to full strength. this might make you giggle the way I got rid of it was to up the vodka just a smidge, causing it to burn its self out.

i keep trying to find the one about the cops. because he was staring at hes tank with a flash light. but nfor the life of me its gone. these would be the ones that for what ever reason stuck with me.

on a deferent line of thought I'm trying to figure put what to do with the spar 40 breeder. I could upgrade the 29 but it defeats the 29s purpose of being small & easy to maintain. so that leaves keep it until I have time & money to replace the el cheapo stand that I picked up. or sell it, which seems almost as silly as upgrading the 29. its just that I do't want to have tanks sitting around all over every where.

mmm...

from http://www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com/Arti...ngineering.html

The chapter discussing water pumps is also informative, but is hampered because it discusses pump performance in terms of output pressure. Unfortunately pump output pressures are almost never given for hobbyist pumps. Instead, pumps are rated by flow rate…either at a variety of "heads" (if you are lucky) or as a single value. The pump "head" is the height the water is lifted by the pump, but many aquarium pumps are designed strictly for "flat flow", or zero head. Such "circulation pumps" are only given a passing mention.

For those pumps that are rated for pump flow at various heads, it is easy to determine the pump pressure, but the relevant equation is not provided in the book. So here it is…let

P = pump output pressure in Pascals.

z = be the height in meters where flow rate drops to 0 (the maximum head).

d = density of water (which is 1000kg/m3 for fresh water)

g = gravitational acceleration (which is 9.8 m/s2 near the Earth’s surface)

then P = d g z

= (9800 kg m-2 s-2) z

To convert pressure in Pascals to PSI, multiply the pressure in Pascals by 0.000145 PSI/Pa. You can also make a quick estimation of the pressure by remembering that every meter of head requires the addition of about 1/10 of an atmosphere of pressure, where 1 atmosphere is about 1000 Pascals or 14 PSI. For example, my pond pump is reported to pump to a height of 8 meters, so it must deliver about 11 PSI.

Once the pressure of the pump is determined along with the diameter of the pump outlet, the flow rate at any head is easily determined from the formulae presented in this book. But much more importantly, the book also presents the information required to allow you to design a real filter system, taking into account the losses of flow due to friction in your hoses and connectors.

holy bleepity bleep how can I fill a chevy long bed with fish crap. seriously I already moved the 29. where'd all of this come from.

A ten x ten? Man I want a 24x24 shallow. Maybe I'll grow a set and my next DIY will be an euro braced acrylic tank instead of my kids Halloween costume :D

A ten x ten? Man I want a 24x24 shallow. Maybe I'll grow a set and my next DIY will be an euro braced acrylic tank instead of my kids Halloween costume :D

:lol: you sure you don't want a ten.

not sure if I've posted this befor if so sorry but its way cool &kind of goes with the hole bonsai thing. http://glassbox-design.com/2009/the-alluri...ef-of-anagonbe/

then my next question would be about the growth of montys. I'm stund by the one's I see in sunny's old tank maria's & others. normally there not my thing but these are separated by their incredible growth patterns. forming layer over layer on them selves.

Archived