Innovative Marine Aquariums

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
ok so just acropora. no millepora, as far as tabling goes. mmm...

am which of the tabling corals will have the most vivid colors. aparently I need to do quite a bit of research still on sps. any sugestions. for the most part I'm being pretty consistent in hating everything like aways & only liking acro/miile. so that at least helps to limit things. I assume that once again a lot of this has to do with water flow. correct.

I like ORA Red Planet, ORA Pearleberry, ORA Hawkins, Strawberry Shortcake, ORA Ice Tort, ORA Frogskin, Setosa, 20000 Leagues Lokani, Neon Green Acropora Carolinian, Arctic Tundra Solitaryensis.

All are awesome.

I think of all those you listed Animal only the red planet and frogskin are true tabling species. Not that they aren't all beautiful corals.

ok so whats the dif between tabling & non tabling

can non tabling be made to mimic the growth of a tabling with proper flow.

red planet is one of my favs so yeah will be going in.

still though its going to be forever before I get to put any thing in the tank. :(

The difference between tabling acro's and normal acro's is that they grow more like monti caps but with upward shooting branches from a base point out kind of like if you were to hold your hand palm up and curl your fingers upward, so your wrist would be the attachment point. Non tabling acros grow upward to the sky like a pine tree around a central axialite. The differences are subtle but there. All Acros are beautiful IMO, you cant really go wrong with a tankful.

what hijacking have you seen what me & AM are capable of. seriously its great to have the input. I planed the 29 for like 3 or 4 years. so the extra help can only be a good thing.

speaking of which I'm going to see how cheap I can make it. so far the 75 has cost 20$. lol but I still need a skimmer, lights, & rock. oh & plumbing.

Yanno, I've done very nicely, avoiding the urge for hot or named corals, thereby sticking to budget. But now that I've seen those amazing red planet colonies, I WANT!

animalmaster6

Have you read the article on them on Reefs.org. Pretty cool. A guy harvested sponges from the ocean and mixed them with all sorts of things and fed it to his Idol.

sorry to make you look just trying some thing. was tying to post pics in a different thread with it giving me an error message. so here we go.

cpfarm.jpg

img_5889.jpg

2835343815_670817c048_o.jpg

109fv9.jpg

FTS_edited_together.jpg

P8200192-1.jpg

ATi.jpg

269007525_X6P4h-XL.jpg

tigahboy

fiction%20101.jpg

Can't stop looking at those tanks! Wow! I just finished piping my rimless. But hope to have zero visable pumps or outlets or anything. fingerscrossed that is. Hope mine turns out half as good as those. Woah. Bitts keep those pics comng, You'll have no complaints from me... :D

Archived