Cultivated Reef

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I'll have the pics up as soon as I can.

It not really setup yet. But through it together enough to have the filtration inplace. Can't wait to see how big an explosion of red goo there is, after transfering the sand bed. :lol:

No pics of the display intill it goes away. Probably tues. (Hangs head, kicks dirt.) :rant:

if you can, avoid the valley - it's a freaking zoo in the summer, and even moreso on a holiday weekend in the summer.

drive to tunnel view, but don't go any further in to the valley

IMG_8697_8_9_tonemapped_2_1.jpg

4071954053_466aba4c66_o.jpg

turn around and drive to washburn point

IMG_8560_1_2_tonemapped_1.jpg

and continue on to glacier point

IMG_8619_21_20_tonemapped_3.jpg

on the way back out, hike to taft point

then head up to tuolumne

3771839075_f8215762ec_b.jpg

gotta love the land of the cap.

Ok so long term on the fuge would be to do some thing like this. At least as far as color goes.

090624FTS.jpg

34gFulltankshotwithstand.jpg

So far I'm liking the sound of

Botryoladia (red grape)

Gracilaria

Halimeda

Halymenia (dragon's breath)

Neomeris (fuzzy tip)

Nemastoma

Blue Ochtodes

Ulva

Think I should be able to get a looking setup from that set.

any buddy see a problem with the interaction between these. would there growth rates work together.

just makin sure there isn't some thing I'm over looking.

Botryoladia (red grape)

Gracilaria

Halimeda

Halymenia (dragon's breath)

Neomeris (fuzzy tip)

Nemastoma

Blue Ochtodes

Ulva

think your right oc I'll have to think about that.

may have to just make a thread for the fuge in the macro forum.

horrible camera but there still pics.

old scape

IMG00062.jpg

IMG00061.jpg

new scape.

IMG00080.jpg

IMG00079.jpg

IMG00078.jpg

took them this morning, sorry for the glare. you can see the goo forming giving the sand a nice pink glow.

moved the torch into the low flow area now present, that combined with having raised the lights two inches. has maybe done the trick. started to open about twice as much as last week fingers crossed.

Their doing much better with the new scape. The pics where about 20 min after I turned the lights on. Skipped 3 photo periods to help with the expected algae bloom. I never knew that fish could act happy to see you. Sure they do the ooouuu food thing when you walk into the room. But shooting out & doing a little dance for me was unexpected.

I'm thinkin that if this dosent work I may have to move the torch into the fuge. Plan to wait a month n a half or two. With every thing that's been going on I'm amazed by how well its handled the stress. But with it being a red based pigment I'm thinking that it origenated at a much low depth than what my curent lighting would equal. But since it had started to color back up once, I expexct it to do so again as long as I can keep the water clean & flow super low. Maria may get a nice looking coral yet. Started with four peaces between the mother colone & 3 frags. Sofar the mother & the largest frag (spliting into 4 heads curently) seem to be coming back. Will see about the others.

• 2 weeks later...

so the other night I'm pretty sure the porcelain crab had a bad molt. since i haven't been able to find him since i saw some piece's of shell blowing around the tank. :(

Archived