SaltCritters.com

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

Go on CORAL Mags site. I think either this months or last months issue had an article on how to catch fish and inverts. I think they're online, not sure, I just get a subscription :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I found a stand for the 75 on craigs list tonight. calling in the am, with any luck he'll still have it.

keep your fingers crossed.

ok so I don't know how but the mccosker showed up.

now here's why I'm such a horrible person. so took all of the rock out of the buckets & placed it in the sump. put new water in the display. got every thing set to move the fish into the display. so I go open the bucket with the fish, but there's no mccosker. just the clowns & helfrick. so after taking out all the rocks to ckeck them, recheck the fish bucket, go back ta check that I didn;t leave him. theres no way that i still have a fish right.

so this morning in my display I have a 5" sand bed, one pair of clowns, & a mccosker. I'll assume that if the mccosker has shown up that he had to have been in the tank for the whole move. I have no idea how I could have left him in there. but for now I'm assuming that the helfrick must be around some where to. I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out where you could hide, completely out of sight in a tank with just sand.

I'm a horrible person.

I'm thinking lucky, not horrible. ;) With any luck the helfrich will show up too.

Some wrasses bury themselves in the sand, maybe that's where the McCoskers was?

Was wondering if he could have barried himself while I had my back turned. But thought I was deluding myself. Couldent figure out where they would have gone to. any time I'm not facing the tank I put the lid on, & I looked to see if they where on the floor. With out seeing anything.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the helfrick will come back out from where ever he is.

animalmaster6

I agree with Ann on the wrasses burrying themselves in the sand. No clue where the Helfrich could be.

fingerscrossed

They are master hiders. They can squeeze into the tiniest of spaces.

yeah if it wasn't for the lid & the room (floor) being completely empty. so I could see if he jumped. I'd would be a little more worried, but hell the mccosker showed up so we'll see.

I'm sure everything will be okay man. This is also why I plan on just getting a purple firefish and not a helfricks, I would have a heart attack if I lost a fish like that.

at this point what I'm really worried about is if he's to stressed to come back out in time to stay healthy.

I'm pretty comfortable saying that he hasn't jumped. since I think would have found him on the floor.

i know it seems weird but its not the price tag that bothers my its the fact that I was responsible for him. In my head losing a fish out of my own negligence is comparable to some one crashing on their way home from the bar. I did it & I can't fix it.

completely off topic but its my thread & WOW!!!

45736_465731531349_141230676349_6935437_6486625_n.jpg

41198_465722091349_141230676349_6935235_1132899_n.jpg

mmm... that one looks like a good vacation. all it needs are some palm trees & a white sand beach. to go with it.

What if that guy falls! :o

then theres probable enough him for him to hit terminal velocity. followed by a massive cloud of red mist.

its why I try not to go over 20" when I'm bouldering.

Thats an interesting story. If NPR fired Steve Innskeep they just might become a credible news outlet. You can't have a guy who has no journalistic credibility trying to take the hardline, especially not on NPR.

Archived