Top Shelf Aquatics

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my wrasse was floating around half eaten. Figure it had to have been the blasted shrimp, finally caught some one during the night.

• 4 weeks later...

Over theres not much going on in the tank, just cruising away on out pilot. I did get the new dry side from Ecotech though. At first I was pissed, because it sounded exactly the same but seems to be breaking in & quiting down some. We'll see though.

Oh I have rescaped a couple times trying things out seeing what I might want to do if I actually pull off upgrading to the 75. I'll try & get pics of them up soon.

One last thing if you plan on doing a DIY stand make sure to check this thread out, Wow!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1560337

Maybe no promises, I've had some of them for a while though so lets hope I can get off my @$$ & post them Though.

the best part is that it would cost less than the one I had been trying to design since 2x4's are about 2-3 dollars. Ply wood is around 30 when it doesn't have to be seen, & the tile is maby a 1/4 of the cost for hardwood. so Wow. Plus the water will just Wipe off.

although I still kind of like the whole super cheap thing I have going at the moment. I think I have 30ish in on the 75 so far. tank free. glass for the overflow free. stand off craigslist 20. everything else I already have. Damn I really need to just sit down & cut the tank up already.

Its funny, that no matter how many times I see it. The "oh my God, I just ate a bristle worm" dance never gets old.

not really I got to a forth draft which is basically the one thats up there now, & have just been reading stuff lately. I need to do some fixes to it, but just can't seem to get in the mood. Plus the sand one is good enough for now & I should really do the one for the macro algae thread. Before playing around in the sand bed one.

Archived