ReefCleaners.org

Maxima, Crocea, Maxea GROUP BUY #2!

Rockfish

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha. Man I was depending on you to stop me. Lol. It is very addicting. Honestly I really have to stop buying stuff after this. I've spent way too much the last couple of months on my tank.

I'm not even going for that Maxea. I honestly don't like it. Maybe if it's Maxea #2.

Anyway, I know some people here are pretty upset at the discounting. I kinda felt the same way but realized that reefkoi is just trying to move the last of the clams nobody was jumping on. Obviously if you decided on a clam before the discount you should be lucky you got to choose the one you wanted. I knew something like this was going to happen because of the last GB. I've even mentioned it previously about no curveballs. I could have waited but then those clams could have been spoken for by the time the curveball comes. Getting the clam I want is worth more to me than the discount. So seriously it is not that hard to understand. There was nothing bad about it.

As for the other thread. I knew from last night that was not going to turn out good. It was an honest mistake and could have probably been handled better by both parties. It was a misunderstanding, that's all.

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

+1 Guia x, hey it happens all the time in the real world, you buy something and the the next day it's on sale, now "Some" stores will refund back the difference "Sometimes", but remember this isn't your everyday local store lol, if you bought a clam on live aquaria and then the next day they have a clam sale, your sh*t out of luck, sorry for the bypass mods.

+2 I wanted Max3 when it wasn't on sale but somebody bought it before me and I was mad. But then today I found the discount and it cheared me up so I had to get a clam!

+3

The thing people forget is how much there saving versus buying online or at the store.....and with no discount all those people got to cherry pick....not a big deal to me....i love the clams i got :)

Haha. Man I was depending on you to stop me. Lol. It is very addicting. Honestly I really have to stop buying stuff after this. I've spent way too much the last couple of months on my tank.

I'm not even going for that Maxea. I honestly don't like it. Maybe if it's Maxea #2.

Anyway, I know some people here are pretty upset at the discounting. I kinda felt the same way but realized that reefkoi is just trying to move the last of the clams nobody was jumping on. Obviously if you decided on a clam before the discount you should be lucky you got to choose the one you wanted. I knew something like this was going to happen because of the last GB. I've even mentioned it previously about no curveballs. I could have waited but then those clams could have been spoken for by the time the curveball comes. Getting the clam I want is worth more to me than the discount. So seriously it is not that hard to understand. There was nothing bad about it.

As for the other thread. I knew from last night that was not going to turn out good. It was an honest mistake and could have probably been handled better by both parties. It was a misunderstanding, that's all.

thanks!!

yea just trying to get the last of them gone.....and it's very unfortunate that you can't please everyone all the time when in business although you'd like to but you try to do your best

Chris@reefkoi.com is a good man and an honest business man....anyone who's bought clams or anything else from him will def tell you the same thing

the discounts were implemented to move the "less desirable" clams although the pics of these guys don't do them justice and i think you could agree with that Guia

the next GB will be re-tooled a bit

I have some ideas that i'd like to talk to Chris about to keep everyone a bit happier BUT getting the cream of the crop and paying a bit more is always better than taking what's left even at a discounted price....at least that's what I say

either way I think/hope EVERYONE will be happy with there clams and if there are ANY issues at all you can get a hold of Chris through here or through reefkoi.com directly and i'm sure he'll do his best to accomodate you

as far as ppl being upset with me let me just say this.....mistakes happen sometimes and i'm very sorry when they do and i admit that even though i was blunt with springfever he did try to get over on me witch i did NOT appreciate. However, again I don't call the shots as far as shipping, pricing, or discounts go. And I would certainly not be dishonest with you guys when it comes to a sponsor let alone a brand NEW sponsor. I've offered to help Chris out with these GB's and so far it's been a great success and ppl are EXTREMELY pleased with the specimens that Chris sells (myself included). And furthermore i've been playing with clams for a very long time and haven't found clams like this at these prices with these sorts of colors and patterns

THE GB WILL BE CLOSED AT 6PM EST AND SHIPPING WILL START TOMORROW SO EXPECT TO HEAR FROM CHRIS TONIGHT

THANKS EVERYONE

NOW WILL SOME BUY THIS LAST FREAKIN' CLAM!!!

He didn't try and get over on you. Most stores will refund you the difference if you bought an item and it then went on sale. It's ludicrous that in a 'group buy' only some of the 'group' gets a discount.

Stores that piss off customers at the rate you do would quickly go out of business. Reefkoi.com does itself no favors having you act as some sort of spokesperson.

USPS is closed tomorrow for presidents day if you were gonna use them.

thanks.....no he uses fedex i believe

He didn't try and get over on you. Most stores will refund you the difference if you bought an item and it then went on sale. It's ludicrous that in a 'group buy' only some of the 'group' gets a discount.

Stores that piss off customers at the rate you do would quickly go out of business. Reefkoi.com does itself no favors having you act as some sort of spokesperson.

easy there killer.....like i said I have some ideas for the next one and i think we can keep ppl happier for the most part

and if something goes on sale tomorrow that wasn't on sale today you'd go to the store and demand your money back for the difference?? I think not...that wouldn't be fair

and why do you say that i do him no favors?? i think all the clams are sold except for 1 right??? And weren't you beggin me for clam advice just a couple of weeks ago?? i think i still have the PM's to prove it

and again if you've had no part of this GB and are only here to chime in with negativity i will report you as it's against the rules of this forum

I'm gonna keep my nose out of it....but why are people so upset?....its a group buy they can run it how ever they want too??? all clams before page 6 were full price and discounted after that...not a big deal b/c the first few people got to cherry pick? Also where else can you get a Maxea? I mean seriously if you dont like it then dont buy... my two cents

I'm gonna keep my nose out of it....but why are people so upset?....its a group buy they can run it how ever they want too??? all clams before page 6 were full price and discounted after that...not a big deal b/c the first few people got to cherry pick? Also where else can you get a Maxea? I mean seriously if you dont like it then dont buy... my two cents

exactly

+1 I didn't get the clam I wanted first and then this discount is fair. I would rather get a clam I want rather than a discount. But I'm not going to complain, the clam that I actually bought is not bad at all, I like it.

+1 I didn't get the clam I wanted first and then this discount is fair. I would rather get a clam I want rather than a discount. But I'm not going to complain, the clam that I actually bought is not bad at all, I like it.

Max#8 is pretty sweet and add to that an awesome price. I would have gotten it but I already have one that looks pretty similar from the last GB.

man where have I been the last couple hours LOL.

I scanned quickly through the last few posts, I guess if anyone doesn't want their clam because they feel they paid too much, no hard feelings at all, I'll take it to the frag swap this next weekend and sell it, I don't want anyone having regrets thats for sure.

As far as the discounting goes, everyone does it, go to a swap and at the beginning you get to pick the best stuff at "normal prices" then on sunday when everyone is packing up and going home you score some amazing deals.........happens at the garage sale, flea market, state fair, you name it!

I never feel bad about offering a discount at the end, its like rob said we are moving the less desirable ones to make room for the next order.

I can stick with the listed prices next time and offer no discount and I will make more money per clam, but I always think people like getting the last ones at a bargain price to get the free shipping!

If I'm wrong let me know and I'll consider changing it for next time.

Till then.......

Chris

I think it's okay. I was able to get free shipping last time when you did the discount. I was only going to get two but after the discount on the remaining clams, I couldn't resist getting more. If someone wants to wait out for the discount then they have nobody to blame but themselves if the clam they want is already spoken for.

Plus it's your business. You can run it as you please. If someone does not understand the rules then that is their fault.

reefkoi and of courses rockfish,

The deals you have here are amazing. I don't see where you have really done anything different than what other stores offer.

As you said Reefkoi, you have a regular price for so many days, then on the weekend near the end of the sale you put a discount up to move the less desireable stock. This is a common business practice.

The LFS I go to a few hours away from me will give discounts to his most established and frequent customers. I can only make it to him twice a year if I am lucky. I don't whine and cry about it.

Also, you got to cherry pick, as another member stated, right from the beginning to get the clam you wanted. You agreed to pay that price for that clam when you chose it. Plain and simple.

If you don't like the fact the other clams went on sale to move them, then that is your problem and not any one elses. If you want to give up your cherry picked, awsome colored clam, because you are PO'd it is not included in the discount, then too bad so sad. Your Loss, Someone Elses Gain!!

As I stated earlier in this thread, there were 4 clams here I would have purchased right off the bat.. and after the discounts came into effect, I would have added a few more. But I can't.

Reefkoi, you need an affiliate site in Canada so we can participate. LOL JK.

One quote comes to mind when I see people whining about issues like this discount to move stock.

"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!!!"

reefkoi and of courses rockfish,

The deals you have here are amazing. I don't see where you have really done anything different than what other stores offer.

As you said Reefkoi, you have a regular price for so many days, then on the weekend near the end of the sale you put a discount up to move the less desireable stock. This is a common business practice.

The LFS I go to a few hours away from me will give discounts to his most established and frequent customers. I can only make it to him twice a year if I am lucky. I don't whine and cry about it.

Also, you got to cherry pick, as another member stated, right from the beginning to get the clam you wanted. You agreed to pay that price for that clam when you chose it. Plain and simple.

If you don't like the fact the other clams went on sale to move them, then that is your problem and not any one elses. If you want to give up your cherry picked, awsome colored clam, because you are PO'd it is not included in the discount, then too bad so sad. Your Loss, Someone Elses Gain!!

As I stated earlier in this thread, there were 4 clams here I would have purchased right off the bat.. and after the discounts came into effect, I would have added a few more. But I can't.

Reefkoi, you need an affiliate site in Canada so we can participate. LOL JK.

One quote comes to mind when I see people whining about issues like this discount to move stock.

"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!!!"

AND WITH THAT LAST LITTLE TIDBIT (THANKS BTW!!) THIS GB IS CLOSED!!!!!!

LET THE INVOICING BEGIN!!

Archived